+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bothroyd or Zohore?

Re: Bothroyd or Zohore?

If we can get it into Blg Ken’s feet so he can isolate the defender and get him on the turn then he showed yesterday what he’s capable of.

No striker wants the ball smashed into him aimlessly from 40 / 50 yards which is the kind of service he’s been getting since his return from injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Bothroyd for me at the moment. Nothing against Zohore, but I fancy he hasn't quite been the same player since the bid from Everton was turned down.
    They are not complete alien positions to swap are they. Asking a short striker to play in goal would be...

Bothroyd for me, best striker we've had in my opinion.

Unplayable on his day and had it all, pace, power, skill and dynamite in his left foot. My biggest gripe was for such a big guy he went to ground too often and too easily......then again, so do lots of players nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue blood View Post
    Bothroyd for me, best striker we've had in my opinion.

Unplayable on his day and had it all, pace, power, skill and dynamite in his left foot. My biggest gripe was for such a big guy he went to ground too often and too easily......then again, so do lots of players nowadays.
    But he was winning lots of free kicks in dangerous areas then whitts would smash em in

Zohore is quicker and stronger, and capable of scoring all kinds of great goals. You'd have to say bothroyd was more consistent for us. I think Ken will become a better player overall though.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Who cares. It was 8 years ago.
    It is like yesterday to me , as its was a memorable attacking era , living strong in the memory ,more than recent times

Bothroyd for now.

But I hope if the same question is asked in a years time the answer will be Zohore.

Bothroyd.
    Should have done so much more with his talent.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Bothroyd.

Zohore had a purple patch surrounded by two very quiet periods.

Bothroyd needed a kick up the arse but was more consistent.... something I never thought I'd type.
    Agree with that.

We need to see a lot more from Kenneth to be able to make a fair comparison.