Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
I never really like Giggs in his Wales playing days, as a fan who was at every game to see him not turn up for Wales, but then play for Manchester United on the weekend was a constant betrayal. The decision sent the message that the games were not important and it spread through the squad, and then to the fan base, why should we pay our money when the star attraction cannot be bothered.

This, I took 3 / 4 days off work ( sometimes without pay ) to go and watch Wales around Europe

Friendlies or Games that were meaningless ( due to failed qualifications ) It didnt matter to me, i was going to support my Country, Cheer on the team.

When you learnt that Giggs had pulled out of the squad ( pre internet days ) despite playing for Man Utd on Saturday , it became a bit of a joke, almost expected, how can a player think so little of his country that he couldnt be arsed to play ( i know i have mentioned i represented Wales in Judo ) you have no greater honour to represent your country in sport, it should be the pinnacle, it just wasnt for him, so how can he expect respect from todays players ? ? ? Saying " Oh I won this and that for man utd " will not cut it