+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Giggs on the brink of Wales appointment

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Giggs on the brink of Wales appointment

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    This, I took 3 / 4 days off work ( sometimes without pay ) to go and watch Wales around Europe

Friendlies or Games that were meaningless ( due to failed qualifications ) It didnt matter to me, i was going to support my Country, Cheer on the team.

When you learnt that Giggs had pulled out of the squad ( pre internet days ) despite playing for Man Utd on Saturday , it became a bit of a joke, almost expected, how can a player think so little of his country that he couldnt be arsed to play ( i know i have mentioned i represented Wales in Judo ) you have no greater honour to represent your country in sport, it should be the pinnacle, it just wasnt for him, so how can he expect respect from todays players ? ? ? Saying " Oh I won this and that for man utd " will not cut it
    Your choice to take unpaid leave and spend the money though isn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Your choice to take unpaid leave and spend the money though isn't it.
    It was, you are correct

I might have expected that all the players would turn out, not fake a injury which miraculously disappeared in a few days

unforgivable imho

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    It was, you are correct

I might have expected that all the players would turn out, not fake a injury which miraculously disappeared in a few days

unforgivable imho
    He sought advice from Sir Alex before taking the job. Cut the apron strings Ryan.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    He sought advice from Sir Alex before taking the job. Cut the apron strings Ryan.
    No he sought advice from Vincent Tan, and he said, they play in Red and have a dragon on their shirt, go for it.

Giggs has never been committed to the cause. Can't see that changing now.

He'll be gone the minute that a struggling premier club is bought out by an Asian consortium and look for a "Big name" management appointment. History will repeat itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post

He'll be gone the minute that a struggling premier club is bought out by an Asian consortium and look for a "Big name" management appointment. History will repeat itself.
    Not sure. All the managerial comings and goings in the Prem since Van Gaal left Man Yew, not a single club considered Giggs.

I don't doubt he'd leave as soon as a club came in for him but the likelihood of a Prem club coming in for him is minimal and lower league clubs are below him...

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post

Or a decent Championship side is taken over by Asian's with more money than sense, decide that they want a 'big name' , and go for Giggs. Look what happend to Brum when they got rid of Rowett and replaced him with that muppet Zola. Look where they are now...Look where Rowett's current team are now. That should be a huge, huge lesson to interfering foreign chairmen, who haven't got a clue

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    He obviously didnt seek advice from Matt on what on honour it is to represent your country