+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Giggs on the brink of Wales appointment

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Giggs on the brink of Wales appointment

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    But thats the point,how many others claimed fake injuries just to play again within the week but the player was less high profile and playing for a less high profile club.
    We could have forced the issue but then that may have backfired when we really need a player to turn up. 9 times out of 10 i would say it was the club pulling players out but the player taking the blame, idont think we had anyone in the set up who had the balls to face up to Fergie at that time.
    I'd say few did because those low profile players had less ability to do so. Easier for FAW to threaten a lesser team with sanctions than Man Yoo.

Re: Giggs on the brink of Wales appointment

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    I'd say few did because those low profile players had less ability to do so. Easier for FAW to threaten a lesser team with sanctions than Man Yoo.
    I think in the end it comes down to you view friendly matches.
    For me they fall into 2 categories, you have the high profile game against a large football nation with,hopfully a superstar or two to put bums on seats and make some money or you have a game against a lesser nation to try out other players in a match situation which is ,more or less a training game that you charge the public to watch.
    I wouldn't expect to see a full strength Welsh team in the latter in the same way as i wouldnt expect to see a full strength city team in the first round of the league cup.