+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Giggs on the brink of Wales appointment

Re: Giggs on the brink of Wales appointment

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Got to get behind him now he has the job.
    He’s a Man Utd legend, not a Welsh one.
    He now has the opportunity to become a Welsh legend.
    Agreed. Not my choice but the decision has been made. Let's get behind him and the team and hope it's an inspired appointment.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    This, I took 3 / 4 days off work ( sometimes without pay ) to go and watch Wales around Europe

Friendlies or Games that were meaningless ( due to failed qualifications ) It didnt matter to me, i was going to support my Country, Cheer on the team.

When you learnt that Giggs had pulled out of the squad ( pre internet days ) despite playing for Man Utd on Saturday , it became a bit of a joke, almost expected, how can a player think so little of his country that he couldnt be arsed to play ( i know i have mentioned i represented Wales in Judo ) you have no greater honour to represent your country in sport, it should be the pinnacle, it just wasnt for him, so how can he expect respect from todays players ? ? ? Saying " Oh I won this and that for man utd " will not cut it
    Your choice to take unpaid leave and spend the money though isn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    You asked who he managed. Don't get arsey because you didn't know the answer.

Just read an interesting Gary Neville quote tbh.

Along the lines of his international career was a waste of time, Man Yew was always more important. I'd suspect that was something Ferguson drummed into the young players, couldn't try that crap with Keane. if that was the case, how can Giggs thus tell anyone anything different?

"Oh Ben, I know Klopp doesn't want you playing in these friendlies but it would really be good for you. Yes, Utd was more important for me but wales should be more important for you".

On that score, he's got little credibility if he asks players to do something he was unwilling to do himself.
    An awful lot of assumptions in there.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Your choice to take unpaid leave and spend the money though isn't it.
    It was, you are correct

I might have expected that all the players would turn out, not fake a injury which miraculously disappeared in a few days

unforgivable imho

It was, you are correct

I might have expected that all the players would turn out, not fake a injury which miraculously disappeared in a few days

unforgivable imho
    He sought advice from Sir Alex before taking the job. Cut the apron strings Ryan.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    He sought advice from Sir Alex before taking the job. Cut the apron strings Ryan.
    No he sought advice from Vincent Tan, and he said, they play in Red and have a dragon on their shirt, go for it.

Giggs has never been committed to the cause. Can't see that changing now.

He'll be gone the minute that a struggling premier club is bought out by an Asian consortium and look for a "Big name" management appointment. History will repeat itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Giggs has never been committed to the cause. Can't see that changing now.

He'll be gone the minute that a struggling premier club is bought out by an Asian consortium and look for a "Big name" management appointment. History will repeat itself.
    Not sure. All the managerial comings and goings in the Prem since Van Gaal left Man Yew, not a single club considered Giggs.

I don't doubt he'd leave as soon as a club came in for him but the likelihood of a Prem club coming in for him is minimal and lower league clubs are below him...

This, I took 3 / 4 days off work ( sometimes without pay ) to go and watch Wales around Europe

Friendlies or Games that were meaningless ( due to failed qualifications ) It didnt matter to me, i was going to support my Country, Cheer on the team.

When you learnt that Giggs had pulled out of the squad ( pre internet days ) despite playing for Man Utd on Saturday , it became a bit of a joke, almost expected, how can a player think so little of his country that he couldnt be arsed to play ( i know i have mentioned i represented Wales in Judo ) you have no greater honour to represent your country in sport, it should be the pinnacle, it just wasnt for him, so how can he expect respect from todays players ? ? ? Saying " Oh I won this and that for man utd " will not cut it
    You are not seriously comparing amateur judo to being a proffesional footballer at the very top level!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    He obviously didnt seek advice from Matt on what on honour it is to represent your country

I don't doubt he would leave.

But I really do doubt he would go in to this job and not be committed to trying his best while he is there.. people making a lot of assumptions.

He's not gonna do a half arsed job, word gets around, better he does there and more positive talk that comes away from the camp with how well he does at certain things, more likely he is to get a better job.

Matt..wasn't a dig mate just sort of pointing out that's all. I can understand the frustration.

But I really do doubt he would go in to this job and not be committed to trying his best while he is there.. people making a lot of assumptions.

He's not gonna do a half arsed job, word gets around, better he does there and more positive talk that comes away from the camp with how well he does at certain things, more likely he is to get a better job.

Matt..wasn't a dig mate just sort of pointing out that's all. I can understand the frustration.
    Rather it be a stepping stone than some dinosaur on the way down ala Bobby Gould, or, perish the thought Russell Slade.

Too much logic there for the Giggs bashers

Nice to see the plastic South Wales Man Utd fans in force today.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Rather it be a stepping stone than some dinosaur on the way down ala Bobby Gould, or, perish the thought Russell Slade.
    Amen

Too much logic there for the Giggs bashers
    He shagged his sister in law, makes him a bloody awful manager.

Rather see someone committed to the cause to be honest.

Giggs it is then. I will afford him the benefit of the doubt that I never gave Chris Coleman and hope he does well. I wanted Osian but he didnt get it. Nothing else to say for me except good luck Ryan.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    Giggs it is then. I will afford him the benefit of the doubt that I never gave Chris Coleman and hope he does well. I wanted Osian but he didnt get it. Nothing else to say for me except good luck Ryan.
    They ended up giving Coleman the keys to the city.

Giggs then took the keys out of the bowl.

My last Giggs joke for a couple of years. Hope he does well.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    They ended up giving Coleman the keys to the city.

Giggs then took the keys out of the bowl.

My last Giggs joke for a couple of years. Hope he does well.
    I really, really hope he does a wonderful job.

Can't see it though.

I’m injured for all our home games if Ryan has the job.
    Will go away as I enjoy that.
    Worst possible choice. Totally untested unreliable and might not command the players respect. I will give him 5 games.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    I’m injured for all our home games if Ryan has the job.
    Will go away as I enjoy that.
    Worst possible choice. Totally untested unreliable and might not command the players respect. I will give him 5 games.
    Imagine actively turning your back on Wales because of a managerial choice.

Untested, yes.

Unreliable?? You think he's going to be absent for any reason or not give it his all with the world watching? How is he going to get another job if he can't be reliable and committed to this one?

Ok. So Giggs has the job. Wouldn’t have been my choice, but I will get right behind him (ooh Matron!) and hope as with Coleman, he proves me wrong.

Giggs not have the respect of the players. I’ve read it all now.

You are not seriously comparing amateur judo to being a proffesional footballer at the very top level!?!?!
    indeed I am

Where the ultimate honour is to represent your county, it doesnt mind if its amateur judo or proffesional footballer at the very top level

That Welsh Logo / dragon on your chest ( or on your hip in judo's case ) should be a honour