+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Giggs on the brink of Wales appointment

Re: Giggs on the brink of Wales appointment

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    indeed I am

Where the ultimate honour is to represent your county, it doesnt mind if its amateur judo or proffesional footballer at the very top level

That Welsh Logo / dragon on your chest ( or on your hip in judo's case ) should be a honour
    Can't disagree with that at all.

A great honour to represent your country in what ever your chosen sport is.

And don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I’m in the minority I think Giggs will bring his professionalism and winning mentality to the party. I think it’s a good thing.
    Yes, I dont fully understand the dislike of the most decorated Welsh /Cardiff footballer .

Taking his appalling behavior outside of the game he has been and done it .

I think his approach to friendless probably correct as it lengthened his career to the age of 40 in the top league in Europe /world ( yes 40 ) ,

He was one of the greatest British footballers probably in a top 20 list , blistering pace early in his career , after his hamstrings stopped him sprinting flat out , he became an intelligent passer and reader of a game ,made it look easy really ,won 24 trophies during 24 years ..

I'm not sure about his management skills , I do know he has played ,won at the highest level , tutored by the greatest football manger of recent times , played with and against legends .

Perhaps young Welsh footballers will look up at him and hopefully learn .

I do remember the hatred of the Coleman appointment, and insults ,which he has referred too , nothing like a bit of loyalty to your own.

Lets be proud .

His success will largely depend on the fitness of Ramsey , Allen and most of all Bale.

Injuries to those and wed be fecked even with Pep Guardiola.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    indeed I am

Where the ultimate honour is to represent your county, it doesnt mind if its amateur judo or proffesional footballer at the very top level

That Welsh Logo / dragon on your chest ( or on your hip in judo's case ) should be a honour
    Giggs did represent his country. More times than you did at Judo I’d assume.

Playing in meaningless friendlies is not the pinnacle of a footballers career

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I don't doubt he would leave.

But I really do doubt he would go in to this job and not be committed to trying his best while he is there.. people making a lot of assumptions.

He's not gonna do a half arsed job, word gets around, better he does there and more positive talk that comes away from the camp with how well he does at certain things, more likely he is to get a better job.

Matt..wasn't a dig mate just sort of pointing out that's all. I can understand the frustration.
    I hope you are right, but for me, its a massive No, for the reasons i have stated

I didnt take it as a dig at all, one of the few things in football ( which was my life at the time, being single and all that ) that really annoyed me

Giggs did represent his country. More times than you did at Judo I’d assume.

Playing in meaningless friendlies is not the pinnacle of a footballers career
    you are right, he did, he also had more talent than me,

any game to represent your country should be a honor, doesnt matter if its the 1st or the 50th time

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post

Thank you.

I will be honest, it was a honor, a massive one ( my mum came along and cried when they introduced us ) When Bale spoke about all he needed was the dragon on his chest, I got it

which as you can see makes giggs and his actions even harder take

Giggs has never been committed to the cause. Can't see that changing now.

He'll be gone the minute that a struggling premier club is bought out by an Asian consortium and look for a "Big name" management appointment. History will repeat itself.
    Or a decent Championship side is taken over by Asian's with more money than sense, decide that they want a 'big name' , and go for Giggs. Look what happend to Brum when they got rid of Rowett and replaced him with that muppet Zola. Look where they are now...Look where Rowett's current team are now. That should be a huge, huge lesson to interfering foreign chairmen, who haven't got a clue

Bale has missed 6 of the last 7 Friendlies and Wenger pulled Ramsey out of last Friendly against Panama where 20thousand went missing?

If Osian Roberts is lost to the national set up because of this appointment I shall be well hacked off.
    I wish Giggs well but can’t say I’m thrilled he is now in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Bale has missed 6 of the last 7 Friendlies and Wenger pulled Ramsey out of last Friendly against Panama where 20thousand went missing?
    Bale has suffered injuries. Injuries that caused him to miss quite a few games for Real. I might be wrong, I'm sure you could list Real games where Bale played 4 days after missing a friendly?

As for Ramsey, FAW and Coleman both stated he was only going to play the one friendly - days earlier against France - due to his workload for Arsenal. Massive difference to your claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    If Osian Roberts is lost to the national set up because of this appointment I shall be well hacked off.
    That would be the point at which I'd want to riot tbh.

Our strength has been the backroom squad especially Osian. Losing him for someone like Scholes or either Neville would be unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Bale has suffered injuries. Injuries that caused him to miss quite a few games for Real. I might be wrong, I'm sure you could list Real games where Bale played 4 days after missing a friendly?

As for Ramsey, FAW and Coleman both stated he was only going to play the one friendly - days earlier against France - due to his workload for Arsenal. Massive difference to your claim.
    No different to Giggs pulling out for his workload for United

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Bale always plays for Wales when fit.

Bale always plays for Wales when fit.
    That is the correct answer.

Except he didn't pull out for workload.

He pulled out for claimed hamstring injuries which miraculously healed in days. With such healing powers, I'm surprised Hugh Jackman beat him for the role of Wolverine.

Of course one instance of Ramsey is of course completely comparable with the numerous Giggs pullouts ( phnrr, phnarr ).

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    That would be the point at which I'd want to riot tbh.

Our strength has been the backroom squad especially Osian. Losing him for someone like Scholes or either Neville would be unacceptable.
    Absolutely. He has done so much not just in the national set up but also in raising the profile of coaching in Wales.

Absolutely. He has done so much not just in the national set up but also in raising the profile of coaching in Wales.
    I agree,but lets wait and see what his plans are before we beat him with that particular stick eh..

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Ok. So Giggs has the job. Wouldn’t have been my choice, but I will get right behind him (ooh Matron!) and hope as with Coleman, he proves me wrong.
    Wasn't my choice but I don't get the bashing by some, right attitude is it's done and dusted so were all better off supporting him.

Did they play less competitions when giggs was around? Still have the league, 2 cups and Europe don't they? Ramsey also isn't a permanent fixture for arsenal and is often rotated or dropped...

He said he knew the amount of work osian has done for the team and his value (cant remember the exact words he used only caught 30 seconds my sister had it on facebook live)

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    He said he knew the amount of work osian has done for the team and his value (cant remember the exact words he used only caught 30 seconds my sister had it on facebook live)
    Yep saw that and I suspect he will ask Roberts to be Technical Director but bring in his own number two to replace Osian. I hope Roberts stays.

👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎 👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎

Yep saw that and I suspect he will ask Roberts to be Technical Director but bring in his own number two to replace Osian. I hope Roberts stays.
    Right I follow now, misunderstood your original post.