Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
In which case, how do you assume Giggs has a winning mentality? Couldn't he equally just have been a part of an excellent team that won a staggering amount. If this creates a winning mentality, then how can that be replicated? It can't, unless Wales keep winning. If your argument is that Giggs has a winning mentality from winning, then the only way Wales can have a winning mentality is from winning, not from Giggs. Did Sir Alex Ferguson have that winning mentality as a footballer? Do top footballers who have a winning mentality usually go on to make excellent managers?
I didnt say it can be replicated, nor did I say top footballers go on to make excellent managers? Please point me to where I said that?

Wales do not have the quality for it to be replicated for starters, however I think being the most decorated player in British football, and one of the best players this country has ever prodcued, will do no harm in getting the players on his side. I also think it will help with the progression of the Ampadus and Woodburn as Giggs has first hand experience of being the "next big thing".

I was merely responding to the ridiculous suggestion Bellamy has more of a winning mentality than Giggs. I have given my reasons for thinking this is nonsense. Of course winning gives you a winning mentality. Wanting to win things and actually winning them are completely different. You used Peter Wright as an analogy earlier, he hasnt got the winning mentality, hes bottled several majors. I dont like Phil Taylor but hes got a winning mentality, and absolutely hates losing. However according to your logic because Wrights not as naturally talented as Phil but has done well with what talent he does posess he has more of a winning mentality?!?! Whatever next, Eddie the Eagle has more of a winning mentality than Daley Thompson!!?!?

This playing for a top side argument you are using doesnt really wash with me, not when Giggs played for 3 or 4 succesful United teams that had to be rebuilt. Might apply to someone with a bit part in a championship win but a guy who at one stage won 9 out of 11 championships?

When was the last time someone won back to back Premier Leagues? Giggs has played for teams that won 3 leagues on the trot, twice, and back to back to titles 5 times and you dont think he has a winning mentality? Just fortunate to play for a succesfull team for 20 years yeah?. Nothing to do with his ability and mental strength?

We obviously have a different interpretation of a winning mentality.