+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Giggs on the brink of Wales appointment

Re: Giggs on the brink of Wales appointment

If there’s enough internet noise before the announcement they may think again

We owe it to our country to add as much fuel to this fire as we can

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    If there’s enough internet noise before the announcement they may think again

We owe it to our country to add as much fuel to this fire as we can
    No they won't. Decision is made and that is that.

Unless he shagged his brothers missus or something there's no way they'd overturn it.

Maybe stunning victories in China will convince Glazers to fire Mopey Mourinho and hire Gleeful Giggs.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Bellamy has also been present for younger age groups - most notably when u21s beat France, was there in the dressing room motivating them.

Giggs involvement with yoof would relate to getting into their mum's knickers...
    Bellamy was always present for Wales when fit as well, is anyone going to claim that Giggs was genuinely injured every time he missed a game for his country?

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    I get why people want Osian but his proven skill has been developing players. Take him away from that you have to hope his replacement is as good. I'd keep him where he is to maximise the future talented crops of players we have coming through.
    Why do you think he would stop doing that if he had got the job? After all, it's hardly as if the team he'd be managing was playing Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday is it. I would hope that he would have still wanted to be involved in the other age groups if he had become manager.

Sadly for all us Welsh football fans it does look Giggs has got the job:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I’m in the minority I think Giggs will bring his professionalism and winning mentality to the party. I think it’s a good thing.
    Alex Ferguson, who knows Giggs best, has never touted him up as a manager, neither for Man Utd after he left, nor for any other team. Fergie would know if hes has the attributes to be a manager or not, I would have thought

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Alex Ferguson, who knows Giggs best, has never touted him up as a manager, neither for Man Utd after he left, nor for any other team. Fergie would know if hes has the attributes to be a manager or not, I would have thought
    Fergie says he does thus making your point redundant

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36705707

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Am I alone in thinking I'd prefer Bellamy to continue to develop himself at CCFC with a view to being Warnock's successor?
    No

So Giggs will try to get Wales into the next World Cup and Euros.
    But who will manage us for all those friendlies in between tournaments?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Bellamy was always present for Wales when fit as well, is anyone going to claim that Giggs was genuinely injured every time he missed a game for his country?
    Think he made a choice to prolong his playing career by not always being available. Could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Sadly for all us Welsh football fans it does look Giggs has got the job:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football
    Not sad for me fella, not my preferred choice but let's see what he can do.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Well I've never really heard of someone who has never won anything apart from a league cup be praised for their winning mentality bellers had one really good season with man city but still didn't do anything giggs consistently had good seasons bearing injuries and spent his entire career at one of the best clubs in the world for 20 years yet bellamy had 9 different clubs and when he had a chance at a big club Liverpool he done nothing
    This point is gonna be batted back and fiorth like a tennis ball, because of your failure to understand the point I’m making.
    I’m not doubting Giggs ability as a player and all the trophies he has won. He did it surrounded by top class players though, with little “winning mentality” when it came to his country.
    He was shit scared of Fergie, and didn’t have the balls to stand upto him.
    Anyone can have winning mentality at a top club, in there comfort zone.
    Bellamy on the other hand was a footballing nomad, who showed his desire to win everywhere he played, Be it Liverpool, Celtic, Man City or Norwich.
    Ok, he has no where near as many trophies as Giggs, but he is his own man, backs down to nobody, and loved playing for his country, and gave 100% for clubs and country.

Big name, ex Manu star under Fergie.

Could be a great appointment, or could be on a par with Ole for us.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    This point is gonna be batted back and fiorth like a tennis ball, because of your failure to understand the point I’m making.
    I’m not doubting Giggs ability as a player and all the trophies he has won. He did it surrounded by top class players though, with little “winning mentality” when it came to his country.
    He was shit scared of Fergie, and didn’t have the balls to stand upto him.
    Anyone can have winning mentality at a top club, in there comfort zone.
    Bellamy on the other hand was a footballing nomad, who showed his desire to win everywhere he played, Be it Liverpool, Celtic, Man City or Norwich.
    Ok, he has no where near as many trophies as Giggs, but he is his own man, backs down to nobody, and loved playing for his country, and gave 100% for clubs and country.
    Shit scared of Fergie?

Or did he make a conscious decision to prolong a successful career?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Shit scared of Fergie?

Or did he make a conscious decision to prolong a successful career?
    Shit scared of Fergie👍
    Last edited by William Treseder; 15-01-18 at 09:30. Reason: Spelling

I'm not against giggs like many, although he wouldn't be my choice I don't automatically think he will be shit.

I do think he would be off in a shot if a better job came up though, and I think out of the 2 Bellamy would be in it for the long haul.
    I agree with this. The thing is the Welsh manager job is not even as lucrative as some Championship jobs these days. If you were a young manager, I think you'd plump for the Cardiff job (for example) ahead of the Wales job.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Shit scared of Fergie👍
    LEaDeR

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    I agree with this. The thing is the Welsh manager job is not even as lucrative as some Championship jobs these days. If you were a young manager, I think you'd plump for the Cardiff job (for example) ahead of the Wales job.
    If we had made the WC it would have made it more lucrative (stating the obvious I know) but Coleman wouldn't have left.

Now we have a vacancy I'd like us to get the beat possible person in for the job, I suspect a lot of people could be put off by the sort of wage we can offer (just a hunch)

I'd take Bellamy over Giggs any day. I'd also prefer Robinson out of the lot and keep OR in his position..wouldnt grumble if we appointed OR either as he's obviously talented.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Why do you think he would stop doing that if he had got the job? After all, it's hardly as if the team he'd be managing was playing Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday is it. I would hope that he would have still wanted to be involved in the other age groups if he had become manager.
    A manager's relationship with players is different to a coach's relationship.

Giggs worries me because he didn't really seem like he was enjoying playing for Wales - although he often came out and stated that, even if he could play for England, he would have chosen Wales, I have a suspicion that it is as token a statement as kissing a badge. Giggs also worries me because he has been isolated from the ugly parts of football all his life. One club, one country (with his club dictating conditions in which he could play).

Even if he gets the Wales job, he has never set foot outside of those two organisation, MUFC and Wales apart from his early years in Man City.

Unlike Bale, it always felt that Wales should be privileged to have Giggs playing for them and giving them his valuable time. He never came across as being part of a group (ok, maybe the same could be said at Man U - but he did seem to be part of the Beckham/Scholes/Neville pact). I'm not convinced he has taken even a passing interest in the Welsh U21s and U18s - again I could be wrong and I would hope the FAW appointing him means that I am wrong.

This appears nothing more than a step onto the managerial roundabout for me. The one thing I would add, though, is that Giggs needs it to be a success.

Not blessed with managerial options and obviously not everyone's choice, but Coleman wasn't my fave for the job and he did alright.
    Was CC a master tactician? I think not but the players listened and reacted to him as he was a good player at the highest level, which is important.
    Giggs's playing credentials and trophies need no bigging up and he is used to winning.

He has experience under great managers, probably one of the best ever and has also managed, albeit for a short period.
    Personally I think that's why they've gone with Giggs over Bellamy.

I don't buy into this he lacks passion as he never turned up for friendlies nonsence. If he gets the job, he will try his best to succeed, as most people in a new job would.

If/when Giggs is unveiled, let's get behind him.

Think he made a choice to prolong his playing career by not always being available. Could be wrong.
    So, put his own interests ahead of the team's? He can have no complaints if his players take the same attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Am I alone in thinking I'd prefer Bellamy to continue to develop himself at CCFC with a view to being Warnock's successor?
    I think Wales' loss is Cardiff's gain. I can see Bellamy as Cardiff manager in 18 months time.

One thing that has occurred to me. Perhaps Bellamy wanted to appoint his own team - and that team would be minus Osian Roberts. Perhaps Giggs is happy to keep Osian Roberts? All speculation of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    So, put his own interests ahead of the team's? He can have no complaints if his players take the same attitude.
    It's my opinion that this happened. It's not stated as fact. The players will make up their own minds too won't they.

I don't think the past will have anything to do with how he approaches a managerial role though, he's not going to take the job knowing the risks if he isn't going to go about it in a professional way, is He?

I