+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Giggs on the brink of Wales appointment

Giggs on the brink of Wales appointment

Can't say I'm that inspired. Seems many fans not inspired either.

Wales are trying to strike a financial deal with Ryan Giggs which could see him named as Chris Coleman's successor within the next 48 hours.

We understand Giggs is the FA of Wales' chosen man, despite Craig Bellamy giving what is being dubbed 'a Hollywood interview' which made the final decision the tightest of calls.

Bellamy is said to have wowed the FAW's seven-man panel conducting the new manager hunt with a hugely impressive Powerpoint presentation demonstrating his vision for Welsh football. He is also reported to have received support from dressing room superstars Gareth Bale and Aaron Ramsey.

However, Giggs is believed to have been given the nod by a narrow margin and FAW chief executive Jonathan Ford was thought to be negotiating with the Wales and Manchester United legend over the weekend to nail down the terms of the contract.

More

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...spite-14154068

Re: Giggs on the brink of Wales appointment

I’m in the minority I think Giggs will bring his professionalism and winning mentality to the party. I think it’s a good thing.

A mate of mine is close to someone in the FAW who said today that it is Giggs.
    If Bellamy impressed more than him then why the feck hasn’t he been given it?
    Typical FAfeckingW. Gone for the big name.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I’m in the minority I think Giggs will bring his professionalism and winning mentality to the party. I think it’s a good thing.
    The same Giggs who spat his dummy out over not being handed the Man Yoo job or Bellamy who has continually shown interest in helping young talent develop?

Compare and contrast Giggs and Bellamy in punditry. One seems liable to end every sentence with "I'm Ryan Giggs..." to justify his comments, the other is highly media savvy and comes out with intuitive points.

Tough call...

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    The same Giggs who spat his dummy out over not being handed the Man Yoo job or Bellamy who has continually shown interest in helping young talent develop?

Compare and contrast Giggs and Bellamy in punditry. One seems liable to end every sentence with "I'm Ryan Giggs..." to justify his comments, the other is highly media savvy and comes out with intuitive points.

Tough call...
    GIGGS? I fear the worst, but I did with Coleman so World Cup Semis here we come.

Tough call...
    Gary Neville is a great pundit.....

Gary Neville is a great pundit.....
    Indeed but Bellamy can at least articulate his points. Giggs? Eh....

Indeed but Bellamy can at least articulate his points. Giggs? Eh....
    Gary Neville is very articulate

Bellamy is very articulate, and if the players don’t take on board what he’s saying then he can always get a golf club out of the boot of the car.

Bellamy has also been present for younger age groups - most notably when u21s beat France, was there in the dressing room motivating them.

Giggs involvement with yoof would relate to getting into their mum's knickers...

Maybe giggs made some promises not to shag any of their wives

I'm not against giggs like many, although he wouldn't be my choice I don't automatically think he will be shit.

I do think he would be off in a shot if a better job came up though, and I think out of the 2 Bellamy would be in it for the long haul.

I don't think Giggs would be off in a shot for the simple fact he won't get a better job offer.

Player/Manager in an interim basis at Man Yoo, spat dummy when Mourinho appointed over him. Where were the big offers then - after all Man Yoo is slightly higher profile than Wales.

My first choice would have been Osian Roberts but I would have been excited about Bellamy getting the job. He has a combination of having a great playing career behind him, playing under some great managers, a winning mentality and a real enthusiasm for the future of Welsh football. You feel that he really wants the job because of a desire to manage his country and not just to further his career.

Having said all that, if Giggs does get the job he’ll get my support like every other manager has, even Bobby bloody Gould. Given how unpopular he is with many fans though, he’s going to be under enormous pressure right from the start.

I get why people want Osian but his proven skill has been developing players. Take him away from that you have to hope his replacement is as good. I'd keep him where he is to maximise the future talented crops of players we have coming through.

Bellamy cares...chopsy f’cker yes but he cares.
    Does Giggs?
    There’s only one job he wants and that’s the Man Utd job eventually.

I get why people want Osian but his proven skill has been developing players. Take him away from that you have to hope his replacement is as good. I'd keep him where he is to maximise the future talented crops of players we have coming through.
    I totally understand this point of view too, I just feel that we need someone the players want to play for. They would certainly bust a guy for OR.

Whilst it wouldn’t bother me if Giggs got the job, I would argue that Bellamy has more of a winning mentality than Giggs.
    If it was my decision it would be Bellamy in a heartbeat.

I don't think Giggs would be off in a shot for the simple fact he won't get a better job offer.

Player/Manager in an interim basis at Man Yoo, spat dummy when Mourinho appointed over him. Where were the big offers then - after all Man Yoo is slightly higher profile than Wales.
    You're giving an opinion and stating it as fact.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Whilst it wouldn’t bother me if Giggs got the job, I would argue that Bellamy has more of a winning mentality than Giggs.
    If it was my decision it would be Bellamy in a heartbeat.
    How many trophies has bellamy got compared to giggs

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    On that note it’s goodnight

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    You're giving an opinion and stating it as fact.
    Well, I await you posting that response to everybody then...

Giggs finished his career in a high profile way - player/manager of Man Yoo. When he left, where exactly were the big job offers then hmm?

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Think you'll find football teams rely upon more than just one player.

Think you'll find football teams rely upon more than just one player.
    What's your point he said bellamy had a better winning mentality than giggs all giggs done through his career was win and was a main point of man Utd winning

Am I alone in thinking I'd prefer Bellamy to continue to develop himself at CCFC with a view to being Warnock's successor?