+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Giggs on the brink of Wales appointment

Re: Giggs on the brink of Wales appointment

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    What's your point he said bellamy had a better winning mentality than giggs all giggs done through his career was win and was a main point of man Utd winning
    Compare the teams Bellamy was in with Man Yoo. Giggs always had a better supporting cast except with Wales - which showed in a lot of his performances.

Bellamy is a perfectionist, which explains lot of his issues. I don't see Giggs anywhere near the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Am I alone in thinking I'd prefer Bellamy to continue to develop himself at CCFC with a view to being Warnock's successor?
    No

Giggs will be in no position to berate players when they pull out of friendlies. A manager should lead by example to command the respect of players and unfortunately Giggs fails to pass muster.

How many trophies has bellamy got compared to giggs
    You are confusing a “winning mentality” with a “winning record.” It’s ok though. I’m here to educate you. 😎

For me, the point is that this appointment is absolutely crucial due to the plyers we have coming through - more potential than in a very long time.

The wrong appointment can easily setback the good work Toshack started and Speed really accelerated.

Am I alone in thinking I'd prefer Bellamy to continue to develop himself at CCFC with a view to being Warnock's successor?
    or why not go for osian roberts the brains behind wales,s success FFS

Says a lot when Osian Roberts would have been far more of a crowd pleaser.

I’ll give my team the support regardless but i really would prefer the job not to go to the Salford lad

How many trophies has bellamy got compared to giggs

Quote Originally Posted by banogboy14 View Post
    or why not go for osian roberts the brains behind wales,s success FFS
    Why move him from where he's doing an excellent job? Also, Trollope was an excellent coach, shit manager.

Osh and Bellers for me

Giggs and fook off as far as i am concerned, the times us fans trawled around europe and turned up to see crap at home only for Giggs to not bother really does annoy me, i can never forgive him for that, if only he has put the shift in that we did

Not sure he would be overly bothered with my opinion though

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    You are confusing a “winning mentality” with a “winning record.” It’s ok though. I’m here to educate you. 😎
    Well I've never really heard of someone who has never won anything apart from a league cup be praised for their winning mentality bellers had one really good season with man city but still didn't do anything giggs consistently had good seasons bearing injuries and spent his entire career at one of the best clubs in the world for 20 years yet bellamy had 9 different clubs and when he had a chance at a big club Liverpool he done nothing

Well I've never really heard of someone who has never won anything apart from a league cup be praised for their winning mentality bellers had one really good season with man city but still didn't do anything giggs consistently had good seasons bearing injuries and spent his entire career at one of the best clubs in the world for 20 years yet bellamy had 9 different clubs and when he had a chance at a big club Liverpool he done nothing
    Educating the educator.

Who’s going to manage the friendlies ?

Giggs and injuries - those that magically cleared up when Man Yoo next had a game.

Nobody at that Liverpool side did anything.

Now, Bellamy has helped with the Welsh u21 side, motivating. Continually been around squad when having legitimate injuries. Gone into youth development - started helping us unpaid. Can't recall Giggs doing anything similar.

I've zero doubt that if he got the job, it would be the entire focus of Bellamy. Can you seriously claim the same for Giggs, do you really believe he'd not be using it as a stepping stone for a club management role to be hand to him on a plate?

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Giggs and injuries - those that magically cleared up when Man Yoo next had a game.

Nobody at that Liverpool side did anything.

Now, Bellamy has helped with the Welsh u21 side, motivating. Continually been around squad when having legitimate injuries. Gone into youth development - started helping us unpaid. Can't recall Giggs doing anything similar.

I've zero doubt that if he got the job, it would be the entire focus of Bellamy. Can you seriously claim the same for Giggs, do you really believe he'd not be using it as a stepping stone for a club management role to be hand to him on a plate?
    Liverpool had won the fa cup cup the season before and the champions league the season before that.

If you read my posts I would rather bellamy over giggs i dont want giggs to get it but you (william) cant say bellamy got a better winning mentality thanthan giggs I would've liked Robinson to get it

Bellamy gives an outstanding interview, did his coaching badges under the FAW so knows the Welsh coaching outlook. Got the support of the players. Played every time he could for Wales.

Giggs didn't turn up for friendlies, did his badges under the FA at St George's Park. Has got no real edge in terms of managerial experience over Bellamy and is probably more expensive.

What am I missing..

Still I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

Liverpool had won the fa cup cup the season before and the champions league the season before that.

If you read my posts I would rather bellamy over giggs i dont want giggs to get it but you (william) cant say bellamy got a better winning mentality thanthan giggs I would've liked Robinson to get it
    You're confusing mentality with trophies.

That's the point you're missing out on. Bellamy is a perfectionist - hence getting frustrated when players not performing. THAT is a winners mentality, a drive to achieve the best.

Robinson? He's got managerial experience - in MLS. A league so great that Bradley Wright-Phillips regularly is in the top scorer charts. His record there has been hit/miss. Make playoffs, miss playoffs. I'm not decrying the man management spects of that but pushing Robinson due to that is akin to pushing WPL managers.

For me, it should be Bellamy.

Even Alan Shearer is taking the piss.

Alan Shearer.

The muppet who took over Newcastle knowing when they relegated, could claim wasn't his fault, knew if a miracle happened he'd be a hero.

He is taking the piss out of us.

Thank you FAW.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    You're confusing mentality with trophies.

That's the point you're missing out on. Bellamy is a perfectionist - hence getting frustrated when players not performing. THAT is a winners mentality, a drive to achieve the best.

Robinson? He's got managerial experience - in MLS. A league so great that Bradley Wright-Phillips regularly is in the top scorer charts. His record there has been hit/miss. Make playoffs, miss playoffs. I'm not decrying the man management spects of that but pushing Robinson due to that is akin to pushing WPL managers.

For me, it should be Bellamy.
    Ok let's take Steven Gerrard for example now he has a winning mentality because he drove his team on to win trophies no one gives a feck if you win games until you win the big one with the trophy at the end. I agree that bellamy has the desire to succeed but I'm not having he has a better winning mentality than giggs who has won 35 trophies which is the aim of winning. At least Robinson has experienced managing belly is just starting off and would be much better what he's doing now and learning

Ok let's take Steven Gerrard for example now he has a winning mentality because he drove his team on to win trophies no one gives a feck if you win games until you win the big one with the trophy at the end. I agree that bellamy has the desire to succeed but I'm not having he has a better winning mentality than giggs who has won 35 trophies which is the aim of winning. At least Robinson has experienced managing belly is just starting off and would be much better what he's doing now and learning
    Gerrard is an example of a mentality and trophies sure - you could see his passion and drive took games by the scruff of the next and won games that should have been lost. Cup final vs Palace an example.

Giggs? Not so much. Giggs won trophies as part of a dominant squad. Welsh performances nowhere near as good, didn't elevate other players.

The choice would be between Bellamy and Giggs; sorry, there's no choice there at all. One wants a big Prem club role, the other taking a far more low key approach, wating to learn from bottom up.

If Giggs gets it, I can see him employing who he knows - so his Man Yoo cronies them come in on the coaching staff. If Osian then quits, appointing Giggs will have set us back years.

No. Although, I wouldn't have minded him being thrown in at the shallow end to develop with Wales either.

I'm OK with Giggs.

FAW already attempting to pour water on the flames. Asking for support for whoever is appointed playing the Together Stronger card.

Jonathan Ford now living on borrowed time

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Spot on Mike.

I think Bellamy, given time, would be a fantastic replacement for Warnock.

Like Warnock, Bellamy would attract many decent players to Cardiff.

So I'd favour Giggs in the Wales job.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    FAW already attempting to pour water on the flames. Asking for support for whoever is appointed playing the Together Stronger card.

Jonathan Ford now living on borrowed time
    Together Stronger doesn't work when appointing someone with a record of looking out for number one.