+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Giggs on the brink of Wales appointment

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Giggs on the brink of Wales appointment

One thing that has occurred to me. Perhaps Bellamy wanted to appoint his own team - and that team would be minus Osian Roberts. Perhaps Giggs is happy to keep Osian Roberts? All speculation of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    One thing that has occurred to me. Perhaps Bellamy wanted to appoint his own team - and that team would be minus Osian Roberts. Perhaps Giggs is happy to keep Osian Roberts? All speculation of course.
    Giggs is bring in Ole as his assistant

Osh is out on his ear

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Whilst that could potentially true I'd say it's more likely that Bellamy would keep Roberts than Giggs given that he worked under Roberts when Speed was manager, knew how highly both Speed and Coleman thought of Roberts, would seek some kind of continuity and I'm sure would praise his work with the youngsters. I doubt Giggs knows who Roberts is.

Speed and Coleman were both crap managers before they came to manage Wales.

Of the 3 names mentioned none of them have ever managed a professional team of note before (4 games for Man Utd doesn't count). No one knows what Giggs will do, and are basing their dislike on the fact he didn't turn up for friendlies. Wales have a chance of qualifying for the next Euros as it is 24 teams again meaning half of Europe will qualify. When it comes to World Cups, we could have the best manager on earth and we still wouldn't qualify.

Like Mike said, Keep Bellamy for us.