+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Giggs on the brink of Wales appointment

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Giggs on the brink of Wales appointment

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    If his international career had consisted of two distinctive phases then you may have had a point about Giggs looking to prolong his career, but he missed plenty of games with "hamstring injuries" well before he was an age when he would have to consider such things.
    Not rushing to Giggs' defence, but hamstring injuries aren't an age thing. It's more to do with explosive acceleration. Faster players tend to suffer, not older ones.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Not rushing to Giggs' defence, but hamstring injuries aren't an age thing. It's more to do with explosive acceleration. Faster players tend to suffer, not older ones.
    True. It's just that most people query the magical way his injuries conveniently healed within days to play for Man Yoo.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    True. It's just that most people query the magical way his injuries conveniently healed within days to play for Man Yoo.
    I'm not disputing that, they weren't even suspect - it was even more blatant than that. But he was exactly the kind of player susceptible to hamstring issues.

I'm not disputing that, they weren't even suspect - it was even more blatant than that. But he was exactly the kind of player susceptible to hamstring issues.
    Agreed. People would have had more sympathy if genuine.

As John Hallworth showed, there are certain other ways to get groin/hamstring injuries too ( allegedly ).

Not doubting that, but I put hamstring injuries in inverted commas because, invariably, they had healed in time for him to play for Man United three or four days after the Wales game he had cried off from.