Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
It does matter when some people are arguing that Bellars has more of a winning mentality than Giggs and that Giggs only won what he did because he was surrounded by better players than Bellamy, completely ignoring the fact Giggs was a far, far better player than Bellamy.

I think too much credance is being given to this WOL story by people who usually pour scorn on WOL stories. Just because Bellamy interviewed well it doesnt mean Giggs interviewed badly. Obviously not as he got the job?!?! It could be the FAWs way of praising Bellamy so not to burn bridges with him as no doubt he can be of use to Welsh football if not now, then in the future.

I wouldnt have had either of them as manager. I would rather Roberts out of those interviewed and I dont know why we are restricting ourselves to a Welsh manager. Rob Phillips suggested Michael Laudrup and I think that is a good shout.

As has already been suggested I would rather Bellamy carry on with our youngsters with the view to taking over from Warnock. Much the same as Gerrard is doing at Liverpool.
Laudrup would have been a great choice - fair play to Rob Phillips on that one. There is no doubt Giggs has a winning mentality, I just find him a cold person who has a high level of self-interest. I'll be interested to hear what he says in the press conference, will he talk about the youth teams for example, and whether he is happy with the prospects coming through (apart from the obvious ones like Woodburn)? How about his backroom staff? Even little things like - does he talk about Wales in an abstract way rather than a "We/Us" language.