People are at last beginning to recognise the progress and contribution that Ralls has and is making to Cradiff's season. This against the backdrop that he, alone, has been the ever-present having to play alongside an army of midfielders who for one reason or another are missing the following week.

His development in the past year or so has been remarkable - his attitude is exemplary, his work-rate constant and his overall contribution, week-in week-out, invaluable. He's been taking penalties and missed just one I think; and it seems to me is now making time to be in the right place at the right time to get decent shots on goal from the edge of the box.

His goal on Saturday will not have gone unnoticed by admirers; he ran 50 yards or more to give Zohore an option and took the not-easy opportunity with minimum fuss.

How many lowly-placed Premier teams will fancy adding Ralls to their midfield this month to maximise their chances of survival? Here's a report which urges Southampton to do just that:

ttps://www.footballtransfertavern.com/premiership/cardiff-city-lynchpin-would-be-the-ideal-southampton-signing-this-month-to-maintain-premier-league-status/

I don't think they'll be queuing up for Ken this time but what would the hierarchy do if someone comes along with an offer of, say, 5 million which is nit hard to imagine?