+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: RIP Dolores

RIP Dolores

From the Cranberries. Just 46.

Re: RIP Dolores

Just reading about it,46 is fekin ridiculous.
    I'm awaiting all the zombie jokes.
    Damn shame, hell of a voice.

Ah shit, wasn't aware of this.
    Loved The Cranberries, some stand out tracks in their discog. Daffodil Lament and the like are classics.
    She seemed a real character too. RIP

Quote Originally Posted by C1C9F2C7 View Post
    Suffered with serious mental ill health problems , she was bi polar

I dearly hope she didn't take her own life

A beautiful talented lady , zombie is a classic song

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

Best version this one Sludge

Another sad passing today. Far too young.

So too "Dreams".
    Very sad

Sad news. My misses is gutted n all.

Hello Sludgey, Yes very, very sad indeed. Always is when someone takes their life. Not really a fan of the band as I guess I've lumped them in with all those dreadful indie bands of the early 1990s. Zombie as you rightly say, is a classic though.

Guess you've been wearing your stylus out since last week, playing all your old Motorhead LPs in tribute to Fast Eddie?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Hello Sludgey, Yes very, very sad indeed. Always is when someone takes their life. Not really a fan of the band as I guess I've lumped them in with all those dreadful indie bands of the early 1990s. Zombie as you rightly say, is a classic though.

Guess you've been wearing your stylus out since last week, playing all your old Motorhead LPs in tribute to Fast Eddie?
    No suggestion of suicide mentioned.
    Police are only saying, sudden and at this time unexplained. Could be anything,but its fekin young.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post

I don't know if she did take her own life but the suicide rate amongst those with bi polar disorder is very high , I hope she didn't and her death was from natural causes , not that this makes it any easier for those that knew her

As for fast Eddie , he , Lemmy and filthy Phil on drums were an incredible power trio , no sleep till Hammersmith is essential listening , metropolis and overkill sound so fresh and the guitar on both is spot on

For me , motorhead was those three , even though Lemmy kept the beast going and why not ...

Had tickets to see them in Toronto back in the Autumn but it got cancelled - they gave the reason as her having back problems.

Beautiful voice (and face).

I’d add ‘Ode To My Family’ to the previously mentioned great tracks

I’m with Sludge

I don't know if she did take her own life but the suicide rate amongst those with bi polar disorder is very high , I hope she didn't and her death was from natural causes , not that this makes it any easier for those that knew her

As for fast Eddie , he , Lemmy and filthy Phil on drums were an incredible power trio , no sleep till Hammersmith is essential listening , metropolis and overkill sound so fresh and the guitar on both is spot on

For me , motorhead was those three , even though Lemmy kept the beast going and why not ...
    Dreadful if sh3 did take her own life, but beginning to look that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Dreadful if sh3 did take her own life, but beginning to look that way.
    If she did , it's another addition to a terrible statistic , if she was being treated for bipolar she could have been a sufferer who only had lows , only had highs , had a combination of both , had severe psychotic episodes when she was ill etc , she may have gone off her medication , which some people with that illness are prone to and this could have triggered a severe episode but as yet we don't know

Whatever the cause of her death , it's a very young age and a real shame

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Just reading about it,46 is fekin ridiculous.
    I'm awaiting all the zombie jokes.
    Damn shame, hell of a voice.
    Fantastic voice, has to be said. 46 is no bloody age at all - she was a bi-polar sufferer and I hope we have not lost another young person to this.