+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Which would you prefer.

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Losing away at Mansfield

0 0%
  • Playing Man City and winning

35 94.59%
  • Playing Man City and losing

1 2.70%
  • Playing Man City and drawing

1 2.70%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The FA Cup. Do you wants us to stay in it.

The FA Cup. Do you wants us to stay in it.

Which would make you happiest?

Re: The FA Cup. Do you wants us to stay in it.

Who in thier right mind would prefer us to lose to Mansfield than beat them and then beat Man City??

There's no option for Win The FA Cup.

It would be nice to beat Man City, but I have to admit, losing at Mansfield would be pretty ****ing sweet. Especially on a Tuesday night.

It's an aye from me.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    It's an aye from me.
    No, as would inevitably mean annihilation by the men from Withington and Moss Side.

Aiiii

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Menken View Post
    No, as would inevitably mean annihilation by the men from Withington and Moss Side.
    So you’d rather us suffer the embarrassment of being knocked out in the third round by a League Two team to avoid the embarrassment of being knocked out in the fourth round by the Premier League leaders? Nice one Helen

Can honestly say I don't think that i have ever wanted Cardiff City to lose and short of us 'throwing' a game to send Swansea down, I can't imagine I would ever want to.

There is no doubt that the cup is a distraction and, with our threadbare squad, an extra game could prove damaging.
    However, a game against the best team in the Premiership might have a positive effect mentally for the promotion push.

So it's a definite 'Yes' from me.

Winning Tuesday after winning Saturday I think is a good thing. Get us a bit of confidence back for Sheff Weds game that won't be a walk in the park.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    So you’d rather us suffer the embarrassment of being knocked out in the third round by a League Two team to avoid the embarrassment of being knocked out in the fourth round by the Premier League leaders? Nice one Helen
    As George Galloway would have said “The clue is the word annihilation”. Better to go out, going down by the odd goal at their Field Mill fortress, than thumping by the Citizens with all that publicity etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Menken View Post
    As George Galloway would have said “The clue is the word annihilation”. Better to go out, going down by the odd goal at their Field Mill fortress, than thumping by the Citizens with all that publicity etc.
    Given that Bristol City kept them close in Manchester has to be grounds for optimism. They're below us in the table, as they have been all season.

Does no one remember the euphoria of beating and starting the demise of Leeds?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackadder View Post
    Nearly got crushed as the crowds pushed forward to get on the pitch after the final whistle..grange end went mental..didn't stop surging forward until I reached the half way line..

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Nearly got crushed as the crowds pushed forward to get on the pitch after the final whistle..grange end went mental..didn't stop surging forward until I reached the half way line..
    Never forgiven the English media for getting so upset.

Never forgiven the English media for getting so upset.
    Bless them

Anyone who doesn't pick the second option needs their head examined

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Anyone who doesn't pick the second option needs their head examined
    I'd love to see us play them. Even if it went badly and we got stuffed, so what? The excitement and the build up of such a game is half the fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I'd love to see us play them. Even if it went badly and we got stuffed, so what? The excitement and the build up of such a game is half the fun.
    Exactly. If you’re not excited by the prospect of a cup game against the Premier League leaders at home in front of 30,000+ then what’s the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Exactly. If you’re not excited by the prospect of a cup game against the Premier League leaders at home in front of 30,000+ then what’s the point?
    The build up is arguably the best part of it, like Christmas. I remember playing Portsmouth on FIFA for weeks before the cup final. The result won't matter against Man City, but the buzz can bring City fans together.

A def yes.
    A few years ago the answer for some would have been id rather lose to them in blue than beat them in red.

Plus a certain Man Citah years before

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    Which would make you happiest?
    We'd sell out CCS, and take 45% of the ticket sales, which could amount of a loanee's wages for 6 months. Also we get a chance to watch one of the best teams in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    We'd sell out CCS, and take 45% of the ticket sales, which could amount of a loanee's wages for 6 months. Also we get a chance to watch one of the best teams in Europe.
    And we’lll see man city

I favour the cup to the league. Always have done.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    There's no option for Win The FA Cup.

It would be nice to beat Man City, but I have to admit, losing at Mansfield would be pretty ****ing sweet. Especially on a Tuesday night.
    Why ?