+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bale

Bale

If he had a manager like Alex Ferguson to manage his career and not play so many friendlies when he needed a rest, or was just coming back from injury, would he have spent the best part of 2 years out injured thus missing a lot of important qualifiers for Wales this past 18 months?

Has Bales career suffered since the Euros because he was over used in the previous 2 years?

Re: Bale

I suspect it has a lot to do with him bulking up too much at Real. Just look at how his physique changed since he was at Spurs.

Who knows. Besides we may not have qualified for the Euros if he had been rested for some games

I said something similar a few months ago about how now his body is breaking down from pushing himself to much

Toshack's view was more to do with technique than anything else. Think he made reference to the way Bale took free kicks, usage of outside of foot etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Who knows. Besides we may not have qualified for the Euros if he had been rested for some games
    For the friendlies?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    For the friendlies?
    I don’t think we had any friendlies did we? Very few if any.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    If he had a manager like Alex Ferguson to manage his career and not play so many friendlies when he needed a rest, or was just coming back from injury, would he have spent the best part of 2 years out injured thus missing a lot of important qualifiers for Wales this past 18 months?

Has Bales career suffered since the Euros because he was over used in the previous 2 years?
    Barely disguised Giggs bummer post is what this is all about. He's been at it all day.