+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Audio Books

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Audio Books

Anyone use audible.com or similar.

Have a 3 hour commute each day and have been listening to podcasts but I just took advantage of Amazon free trial.

Fiction , Sport or Business - not precious

Re: Audio Books

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post

Have a 3 hour commute each day and have been listening to podcasts but I just took advantage of Amazon free trial.

I just took advantage of their free download offer and will listen to Fire and Fury (the new book about Trump) when travelling through Southeast Asia next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I just took advantage of their free download offer and will listen to Fire and Fury (the new book about Trump) when travelling through Southeast Asia next week.
    I didn't have you down as being a fan of fiction, you seem likes very factual person to me

The nice thing about S.E. Asia is that life is lived out on the streets, so there is always something to see or do. I couldn't imagine going there to listen to an audio book!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I didn't have you down as being a fan of fiction, you seem likes very factual person to me

The nice thing about S.E. Asia is that life is lived out on the streets, so there is always something to see or do. I couldn't imagine going there to listen to an audio book!
    I almost bought this earlier.
    I listened to the author describing where he got his info from and thought it sounded like it was going to be a load of made up junk .
    So I didnt.

The Jack Reacher series (Lee Child) is good.

I know it's a free trial but they Seem to be over priced?.

Quote Originally Posted by lennybluebird View Post
    I know it's a free trial but they Seem to be over priced?.
    Why not ask them to pay you to listen to an audiobook?

Now that's a good idea....lol.

If you have a 3 hour commute then monthly subscription with top ups brings the price right down.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quidco
    Oxfam
    eBay
    Allyoucanbooks.com
    All have cheap or free deals on audio book downloads

I do a lot of driving these days so I have a monthly subscription which keep the cost to an almost sensible level.

I just started Sapiens which will last me a week or so. So far so good - Pretty fascinating exploitation of the history of mankind

I just started Sapiens which will last me a week or so. So far so good - Pretty fascinating exploitation of the history of mankind
    The secrets of human manipulation revealed

Blue in the Face

The secrets of human manipulation revealed
    I never told you that I read that on your recommendation. It was extremely interesting, if a little dogmatic. Does it fit your world view perfectly? It definitely doesn't mine, but still interesting to take in a different perspective. Definitely good enough to want to read the follow up about the future of us Homo Deus. Have you read that yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    I never told you that I read that on your recommendation. It was extremely interesting, if a little dogmatic. Does it fit your world view perfectly? It definitely doesn't mine, but still interesting to take in a different perspective. Definitely good enough to want to read the follow up about the future of us Homo Deus. Have you read that yet?
    Far from a perfect fit, but there are parts that are enlightening, and it's useful to be able to recognise them when they appear in daily life. Regarding the follow up I haven't read it yet, but personally I don't think it is a good idea to have a world controlled by machines.

I try to walk miles most days in the countryside and away from the big cities.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Bookbub is another site that offers free and discounted books

Blue in the Face

Far from a perfect fit, but there are parts that are enlightening, and it's useful to be able to recognise them when they appear in daily life. Regarding the follow up I haven't read it yet, but personally I don't think it is a good idea to have a world controlled by machines.

I'll read the follow up soonish and let you know if it's as illuminating...