+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Giggs to ask Paul Scholes...

Giggs to ask Paul Scholes...

Re: Giggs to ask Paul Scholes...

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Yes, lets not keep anyone who is there, or go for someone with experience to make up for the lack of managerial experience. Let's go with my super best friend

football.jpg

Somebody else who didn’t want to play for their country

It doesn't say anywhere that Giggs is going to ask Scholes to join the Wales coaching set up.

He was asked by journalists who he wanted around him in the Wales coaching team and refused to offer names (other than talking it through with Osian Roberts). Because he didn't rule out asking Scholes it now becomes 'Giggs to ask Paul Scholes', or if you prefer the Mail headline 'Ryan Giggs could approach former Man United team-mate Paul Scholes....'

Might as well employ the entire salford city backroom staff

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig View Post
    Yes, lets not keep anyone who is there, or go for someone with experience to make up for the lack of managerial experience. Let's go with my super best friend

football.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    It doesn't say anywhere that Giggs is going to ask Scholes to join the Wales coaching set up.

He was asked by journalists who he wanted around him in the Wales coaching team and refused to offer names (other than talking it through with Osian Roberts). Because he didn't rule out asking Scholes it now becomes 'Giggs to ask Paul Scholes', or if you prefer the Mail headline 'Ryan Giggs could approach former Man United team-mate Paul Scholes....'
    I posted it in the same fashion I saw the post on bbc gossip

See here Gossip column: Aubameyang, Sanchez, Can, Ronaldo, Gameiro, Gaitan, Walcott - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/gossip

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

Some people swallow headlines whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Some people swallow headlines whole.
    Oh I read the whole thing too.

As stated above, posted it in the same fashion I read it.

Let's not start nonsense in yet another thread just because you don't like me, you're a grown man after all.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    The way I see it - is this :-

We have (had) a setup with Osian and Co, we have a group of players in the first team and some great prospects coming through. My fear is that Giggs will come in - having had NO real managerial experience whatsoever, other than he can call Fergusson if he gets stuck.

I remember another manager (who did have experience) seemingly suggest he had a special hot line to players and other managers - and look where OGS ended up.

Ive seem Giggs team talk - that wouldnt inspire a wet fecking lettuce.
    That team talk is really ermm..bland..

But I don't think comparing a club manager who had to buy players, with a national manager who has to get the beat of a limited pool of players works.

Oh I read the whole thing too.

As stated above, posted it in the same fashion I read it.

Let's not start nonsense in yet another thread just because you don't like me, you're a grown man after all.
    I merely question headlines in the media which people choose to regurgitate without questioning.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I merely question headlines in the media which people choose to regurgitate without questioning.
    Sure.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    The way I see it - is this :-

We have (had) a setup with Osian and Co, we have a group of players in the first team and some great prospects coming through. My fear is that Giggs will come in - having had NO real managerial experience whatsoever, other than he can call Fergusson if he gets stuck.

I remember another manager (who did have experience) seemingly suggest he had a special hot line to players and other managers - and look where OGS ended up.

Ive seem Giggs team talk - that wouldnt inspire a wet fecking lettuce.
    Well probably not but what would?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Well probably not but what would?
    Mayonnaise?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Mayonnaise?
    It's already on my 'better than Giggs' list.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    It's already on my 'better than Giggs' list.
    He must be better than salad cream though.

In all seriousness he could be a complete disaster,bit he could be great.
    I had concerns about Hughes, speed and definitely Coleman when they were appointed and they all did ok.

What we have here is an issue that hit Coleman. When he started it was like the job was to continue the good work that Speed did. It didnt work, and Coleman had to use his own ideas to eventually qualify for the Euros (without completely dismantling the work that Speed did).

Now Giggs also has to do things his own way and if he doesn't fancy Roberts (which would seem a disaster in mine and many Welsh fans eyes), then he has to go. If you appoint a manager to be responsible for fate of the team, then you also have to let him make the decisions that effect that team.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    What we have here is an issue that hit Coleman. When he started it was like the job was to continue the good work that Speed did. It didnt work, and Coleman had to use his own ideas to eventually qualify for the Euros (without completely dismantling the work that Speed did).

Now Giggs also has to do things his own way and if he doesn't fancy Roberts (which would seem a disaster in mine and many Welsh fans eyes), then he has to go. If you appoint a manager to be responsible for fate of the team, then you also have to let him make the decisions that effect that team.
    'There's a conversation to be had,' Giggs said. 'What Osian has done for Welsh football — and will continue to do in his technical director role — is great. I know him, I know how he feels about Welsh football and the passion he has.'

'There's a conversation to be had,' Giggs said. 'What Osian has done for Welsh football — and will continue to do in his technical director role — is great. I know him, I know how he feels about Welsh football and the passion he has.'
    It is a delicate conversation. Osian applied for the managers role, if Giggs appoints a new No 2, it will look like a demotion.

I have no ideas how any party will react, to the conversation, that needs to be had. However even before Giggs was appointed there were already reports circulating about Scholes, which i would suggests means the story has some legs.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    It is a delicate conversation. Osian applied for the managers role, if Giggs appoints a new No 2, it will look like a demotion.

I have no ideas how any party will react, to the conversation, that needs to be had. However even before Giggs was appointed there were already reports circulating about Scholes, which i would suggests means the story has some legs.
    Would be logical to do the "jobs for the boys" act. Every manager ever had seemed to do it..
    As long as Osian has the same job to do I would hope he has the character not to worry about his public job title and carry on doing a fine job.