+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Radio Wales and Mickey Thomas

Radio Wales and Mickey Thomas

I like Rob Phillips, but how is Mickey Thomas employed by the BBC as summariser? He can barely speak clearly and a lot of the time I cannot even understand what he's saying.

Also, on call Rob last Saturday I was appalled at the attitude of Thomas and Ian Walsh over the then potential Giggs appointment. Both of them virtually called anyone who opposed Giggs as idiots who didn't know what they were talking about. Walsh kept pointing out that out of 13 callers only one was opposed to Giggs getting the job. Well Ian Walsh, I suppose it depends who filters out the calls doesn't it? It generally seems to me that a majority were against Giggs getting the Wales job.

Very biased by Thomas and Walsh based on the fact they know him (Giggs). The fact he was the least experienced of all the candidates seemed to be ignored.

It's bad enough seeing Hartson on Match of the Day but we have a closed shop of mates hired by BBC Wales.

Re: Radio Wales and Mickey Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    I like Rob Phillips, but how is Mickey Thomas employed by the BBC as summariser? He can barely speak clearly and a lot of the time I cannot even understand what he's saying.

Also, on call Rob last Saturday I was appalled at the attitude of Thomas and Ian Walsh over the then potential Giggs appointment. Both of them virtually called anyone who opposed Giggs as idiots who didn't know what they were talking about. Walsh kept pointing out that out of 13 callers only one was opposed to Giggs getting the job. Well Ian Walsh, I suppose it depends who filters out the calls doesn't it? It generally seems to me that a majority were against Giggs getting the Wales job.

Very biased by Thomas and Walsh based on the fact they know him (Giggs). The fact he was the least experienced of all the candidates seemed to be ignored.

It's bad enough seeing Hartson on Match of the Day but we have a closed shop of mates hired by BBC Wales.
    Agreed. Hartson is atrocious too. On my way home from the play off final I was listening to Five Live and he mentioned that Huddersfield deserved to go up as they finished third. The thick twat. He hadn’t even done the most basic homework.

Danny Gabbidon is head and shoulders above the likes of Walsh, Ratcliffe and Thomas.

Yes I'm not sure if Thomas has suffered some form of dental problem , I guess it's about money v value.

Thomas also mumbled he could see this finishing 0-0 if the first half hadn’t finished 1-1!!! 2-1 City 😄 it still can’t understand a word Thomas is saying!

Thomas, with the score 2-1: "But can they keep a clean sheet?"

Did he have a drink problem ?? he sounds like a few guys I know who have suffered from long term drinking , it takes its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Did he have a drink problem ?? he sounds like a few guys I know who have suffered from long term drinking , it takes its toll.
    Hes had loads of problems. Not least getting stabbed in the buttocks a few times with a screwdriver whilst servicing another man's wife.

Rob Phillips just said "midrift"

Mickey’s never been the same since he got caught with a shit load of orange Monopoly money underneath his bed which he was trying to pass off as tenners

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    Danny Gabbidon is head and shoulders above the likes of Walsh, Ratcliffe and Thomas.
    Even Ratcliffe's haed and shoulders above Walsh and Thomas

Could he still do a job for us In midfield, is he as fit as Tomlin.