+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: City after Liverpool's Grujic? - UPDATED Grujic signs for Cardiff

Re: City after Liverpool's Grujic? - UPDATED Grujic signs for Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    Good signing and another statement of intent. If our other signingS (!) come off, we'll have all the ingredients to finish this season strongly.

So POSSIBLY another 2 to come in? I'm intrigued as to what position the 2nd one might be, assuming that one is a striker.

The thing that excites me most about Grujic signing is that he'll want to perform really well to try and get into the Serbian team for the WC. He has a huge amount to prove and only a few games to prove it, so we at least know we'll get effort. Let's hope his ring rustiness doesn't take too long to go but he's played in some high profile games this season so I'm expecting him to be able to contribute quickly.

A front 6 of Ralls, Grujic, Yanic, Hoillett, Zohore and A N Other (Damour, Bamba, Paterson?) for this Saturday sounds really promising...

Has anybody found any grainy YouTube footage we can cream ourselves over yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Has anybody found any grainy YouTube footage we can cream ourselves over yet?
    Surely Sludge would be the expert for that area?

Re: City after Liverpool's Grujic?

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    Who's the guy on the right?
    Isnt it the Geordie from Alan Partridge?

From a Liverpool fan:

Without knowing much about your team I don't want to speculate too much on his importance but I'd say he's certainly a great option for a play off contendor and a bit of a match winner too.

Experienced with red star over in Serbia too so won't shy away from a big game.

Without comparing ability I'd say more a bulkier lampard type in style, he will be direct and arrive at the edge of the box for the cut backs, rocket of a shot.

Should we sign Grabban as well both he and Grujic are not cup tied.
    Should have good options for Man City at least. Shame Wildschut is cup tied and our squad would look completely different to what it did over the Christmas period.

Said exactly this to my son at the game on Saturday.

........and his height will be useful at set-pieces too!

Mate of mine who is a lfc fan says he can bang them in like a rocket as well...always gets into useful positions around the box

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Mate of mine who is a lfc fan says he can bang them in like a rocket as well...always gets into useful positions around the box
    My facebook feed has a lot of Liverpool 'fans' who say what a good player he is.

Considering they've never been to Liverpool never mind seen this lad play a full game apart from social media snippets I'll reserve judgement until I see him play though he does look a player.

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    My facebook feed has a lot of Liverpool 'fans' who say what a good player he is.

Considering they've never been to Liverpool never mind seen this lad play a full game apart from social media snippets I'll reserve judgement until I see him play though he does look a player.
    They put the u23 games on LFC TV...

He wouldn't just say it based on YouTube ;D