+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: City after Liverpool's Grujic? - UPDATED Grujic signs for Cardiff

Re: City after Liverpool's Grujic?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    Who is Rex?
    Unfortunately no idea mate as I don't use Twitter, I just did a quick search in Google for grujic cardiff and this was one of the top results. Assuming he's just a Liverpool fan who knows the players talent/potential.

I thought it was 2 more after we got Yannick on loan but I thought I'd seen 3 mentioned since then that's all.

Looking at the guys stats id be pretty pleased with this signing. Did very well in Serbia (I think) as a teenager a couple of seasons ago

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Looking at the guys stats id be pretty pleased with this signing. Did very well in Serbia (I think) as a teenager a couple of seasons ago
    6 goals and 7 assists from central midfield as a teenager.
    The Serbian league isn't the best, probably better than league one though, similar to Denmark or the SPL.

A "stunning move" according to this

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...rpool-14165587

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    6 goals and 7 assists from central midfield as a teenager.
    The Serbian league isn't the best, probably better than league one though, similar to Denmark or the SPL.
    Liverpool bought him from red star Belgrade, from wjat I've looked into about he's very highly rated and they want him out on loan to try and get him battling for the first team next year.

Looks to me like an all rounder. Passing/tackling midfielder.

Can’t understand why we are trying to get rid of Pilks and keeping Feeney if we are splashing the cash. Pilks scores goals, goals win matches!

From Wales Online:

Grujic loan terms revealed

The Sun have claim Cardiff City’s loan move for Grujic is a done deal, and contains a rather noticeable clause.

Reports suggest that the Bluebirds have agreed to a deal where the 21-year-old has to play or they will have to pay the Merseysiders a large cash penalty.

Interesting stuff.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...mours-14165529

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    From Wales Online:

The Sun have claim Cardiff City’s loan move for Grujic is a done deal, and contains a rather noticeable clause.

Reports suggest that the Bluebirds have agreed to a deal where the 21-year-old has to play or they will have to pay the Merseysiders a large cash penalty.

Interesting stuff.

Pretty certain he will play every game given our midfield problems at the mo (injury dependant), I wouldn’t worry about that clause.

From Wales Online:

Interesting stuff.

I love that they're getting all this from Alan Nixon at the Sun, "talking to twitter", so he's posting tweets. In fairness to someone from that rag, he's usually on the money.

I have heard that Liverpool want fees so that their players play. It's fair enough I suppose and he's a Serbian international so I fully expect that won't be an issue!

Ralls Gunner and Grujic?

Quote Originally Posted by ksbenchpwllheli View Post
    Ralls Gunner and Grujic?
    I think Grujic is Gunnar's replacement. I wouldn't be surprised if Gunnar doesn't play for us again.

From Wales Online:

Interesting stuff.

Who in Liverpool would disclose anything to the Sun?
    Not saying they're wrong (although they usually just print any shit they see fit the scum bastards), but that information would not have come first hand.

He’s 6ft 3. Sounds like it’s a possibility to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    Who in Liverpool would disclose anything to the Sun?
    Not saying they're wrong (although they usually just print any shit they see fit the scum bastards), but that information would not have come first hand.
    Alan Nixon is mustard. Despite the fact he works for a rag, he's very good.

Here I go again, getting all excited by the prospect of us signing someone that I have never heard of.

I wouldn't want to heap pressure on his shoulders but this is what Sky Sports had to say about him when he first signed for Liverpool ....

"The Serbia U21 international has been compared to several of the world's best midfielders, including Steven Gerrard and Paul Pogba".

..... "Grujic - a Serbia international at all age groups from U16s to U21s - is best known back home for being a member of his country's victorious U20 World Cup team that beat Brazil in June's final in Auckland".

"Tall, rangy, comfortable on the ball and with a good range of passing, Grujic has been dubbed the 'new Matic' back in his homeland because of his likeness in both appearance and position to Chelsea defensive midfielder Nemanja Matic.

"However, the 19-year-old has the skills and shooting ability to be utilised further forward, as he has been at times this season.

It is that adaptability which has made Grujic one of Europe's most sought-after teenagers".

Looks promising,eh!

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Hmmm. A Liverpool blogger linking to an article from the much hated Daily Mail.

Therefore, I’m not making much of it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Hmmm. A Liverpool blogger linking to an article from the much hated Daily Mail.

Therefore, I’m not making much of it at all.
    Not that it means anything to me.

What's the deal with verified accounts.. would this one with a link to the club be verified and also allowed to spout any old shit? I don't "social media" so I have i knowledge.

Seeing these, and listening to Warnock though it's hard not to believe it.

Other one mentioned is First as for 2.5 million who would rather go to Leeds..

Grabban doesn't strike me as "one to get over the line" today either as NW seemed confident of doing today.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Not that it means anything to me.

What's the deal with verified accounts.. would this one with a link to the club be verified and also allowed to spout any old shit? I don't "social media" so I have i knowledge.

Seeing these, and listening to Warnock though it's hard not to believe it.

Other one mentioned is First as for 2.5 million who would rather go to Leeds..

Grabban doesn't strike me as "one to get over the line" today either as NW seemed confident of doing today.
    I believe also that it looks like there is every chance this will happen. However, I’d prefer not to rely on a Liverpool blogger linking to an article by the Daily Mail.

He's signed

https://twitter.com/MozzartSport/sta...26001174646784

Posing at the ground with Warnock

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He's signed

https://twitter.com/MozzartSport/sta...26001174646784

Posing at the ground with Warnock
    Great spot

Apparently a very good player. Would be interesting!

Loan until the end of the season

grujic.jpg