+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sitting in the front couple of rows

Sitting in the front couple of rows

I've always wondered what the attraction is, especially in the Canton? You're guaranteed a soaking if it rains and although you're really close to the pitch the view's fairly rubbish compared to higher up in terms of perspective. What is it that I'm missing?

Re: Sitting in the front couple of rows

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I've always wondered what the attraction is, especially in the Canton? You're guaranteed a soaking if it rains and although you're really close to the pitch the view's fairly rubbish compared to higher up in terms of perspective. What is it that I'm missing?
    Wouldn't be happy being "pitch side" in the family or canton stand as you're looking down a hell of a long stretch of grass.. few rows up and I've got a really good view personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    4 rows back in the Ninian stand halfway between centre and pen area - great view - right close to the pitch and you get the smell of the grass and see the players close - which the kids love.

Ive sat in the grandstand near the dugout - that was nice - and expensive, sat in the Family stand - completely dead.

If I could chose I guess it would be in the Ninian stand around the halfway mark - and in a dry spot....
    I found myself a little too low down personally. From a side view (like the ninian) then you have the advantage of looking left and right up and down the pitch. I just didn't like it from a family stand perspective as it's hard to see the other goal and really know what's going on.

Family stand is dead, apart from the odd old guy who has berated the players all season, and the odd bloke who comes in leathered with the kids and screams and swears all game.

If we can get tickets near the half way line inn the ninian I'd probably move, bit as it is she's pretty pleased with our seats..so it's no atmosphere for dad for the forseable..

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    4 rows back in the Ninian stand halfway between centre and pen area - great view - right close to the pitch and you get the smell of the grass and see the players close - which the kids love.

Ive sat in the grandstand near the dugout - that was nice - and expensive, sat in the Family stand - completely dead.

If I could chose I guess it would be in the Ninian stand around the halfway mark - and in a dry spot....
    I'd quite fancy sitting next to the dugout for a bit, especially with someone like Warnock where you could hear everything probably