+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gary Speed

Gary Speed

Gary Speed was named n court today as one of four men to have taken their lives and that were also coached by Barry Benrnel.
    Obviously we will never know why Gary took his life but Barry Bennel is a Kent of the highest order.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...led-themselves

Re: Gary Speed

Seems highly speculative to me

Barry Bennell is indeed a kent of the highest order.

Snidely insinuating Speed was abused by him however is utterly disgusting.

Just to be clear if the thread reads like an insinuation then that's absolutely not the intent 100%

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    Just to be clear if the thread reads like an insinuation then that's absolutely not the intent 100%
    No, I should have been more clear - apologies if you thought I was complaining about you nd your post.

Speed's name being brought into the trial was an absolute disgrace as there's been no complaint or evidence he was abused. It's a snide speculative insinuation to try to get bigger sentence by putting a high profile suicide into the mix.

Yeah, as above - not your post, the witness in the trial basically speculating about Gary

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    No, I should have been more clear - apologies if you thought I was complaining about you nd your post.

Speed's name being brought into the trial was an absolute disgrace as there's been no complaint or evidence he was abused. It's a snide speculative insinuation to try to get bigger sentence by putting a high profile suicide into the mix.
    Completely agree with you. I would have thought the weight and number of complainants giving evidence against Bennell would be enough to bury the Kent anyway. I did consider not posting it to behonest due to the points you make.

If it leads to a bigger sentence then there’s nothing snide about it you nonce defending piece of shit

Sounds like the coppers need to get hold of your pc you wrong un

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    If it leads to a bigger sentence then there’s nothing snide about it you nonce defending piece of shit

How is it nonce defending, fool?

How the **** would you like to be a family member of Speed with that crap being publicised, eh?

What a pathetic post. He has not defended the individual in question. Grow up.

Not sure who is the biggest wind up on here - you or Cedric (Helen).

What was the Speed story that was due to emerge in the press when
    he killed himself ?
    Did that ever come out at the Inquest as a possible reason for his suicide ?

How is it nonce defending, fool?

How the **** would you like to be a family member of Speed with that crap being publicised, eh?
    How do you know they weren’t approached for their permission to use his name?

I’m sure if it leads to that piece of shit being found guilty and a longer sentence then it’s a small price to pay.

How do you know they weren’t approached for their permission to use his name?

I’m sure if it leads to that piece of shit being found guilty and a longer sentence then it’s a small price to pay.
    Don't be silly. You're happy for unsubstantiated allegations to be thrown around to increase what will almost certainly be a lengthy sentence...

Your apology is accepted by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    Seems highly speculative to me
    "Gary Speed was named in court today as one of four men to have taken their lives and that were also coached by Barry Benrnel".

Sound like a statement of fact to me.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    "Gary Speed was named in court today as one of four men to have taken their lives and that were also coached by Barry Benrnel".

Indeed - it's the insuinuation he killed himself therefore must also have been abused bit that's disgusting.

Don't be silly. You're happy for unsubstantiated allegations to be thrown around to increase what will almost certainly be a lengthy sentence...

Your apology is accepted by the way.
    Certainly be a lengthy sentence? I doubt it.

The witness's quotes: “Four people from teams I have played with, with Bennell, have taken their own lives,” he said. “Whether they have taken their lives due to Barry solely I don’t know but all I know is how it’s had an impact on me and how it could impact on other people. When people are breaking down on the phone, when people are on the verge of suicide, when you hear of people who have taken their own lives.”

He admits himself he's speculating.

Gary Speed was named n court today as one of four men to have taken their lives and that were also coached by Barry Benrnel.
    Obviously we will never know why Gary took his life but Barry Bennel is a Kent of the highest order.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...led-themselves
    it had crossed my mind especially when it was mentioned way back he like a certain look , which did match Gary's , dreadful , perhaps were all over thinking , where is middle eastern strong laws when you need them .

We will never really know why Speed committed suicide. So sad that someone so admired by so many ended up in such a dark place.

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    The witness's quotes: “Four people from teams I have played with, with Bennell, have taken their own lives,” he said. “Whether they have taken their lives due to Barry solely I don’t know but all I know is how it’s had an impact on me and how it could impact on other people. When people are breaking down on the phone, when people are on the verge of suicide, when you hear of people who have taken their own lives.”

He admits himself he's speculating.
    I understand that. However, the sentence "Gary Speed was named in court today as one of four men to have taken their lives and that were also coached by Barry Benrnel". is a statement of fact.

I understand that. However, the sentence "Gary Speed was named in court today as one of four men to have taken their lives and that were also coached by Barry Benrnel". is a statement of fact.
    True.
    But I'm talking about the witness, and you're talking about the sentence.

Exactly. I hope Bunnell gets the sentence his proven crimes warrant.

I wonder why Speed was mentioned during the trial?

Why's it snide when all they’ve said is speed is one of the 4 people to have killed them selves after being trained by him? You’re making it sound like someone has made an allegation against speed when all that’s been stated is a fact.