GOP lawmakers demand that 'alarming' memo on FISA abuses be made public

Several Republican members of Congress are reacting with shock and alarm after reading a “disturbing” four-page memo given to lawmakers on Thursday that details government surveillance abuses.

Speaking with Fox News on Thursday, the lawmakers said they could not yet discuss the contents, but thought the memo should be immediately made public.

“It is so alarming, the American people have to see it,” Ohio Rep. Jim Jordan said.

“It's troubling. It's shocking,” North Carolina Rep. Mark Meadows said. “Part of me wishes I didn't read it. I don’t want to believe that those kinds of things are happening in this country that I love so much.”

Florida Rep. Matt Gaetz said he believed people could lose their jobs after the memo is released.

“I believe the consequence of its release will be major changes in people currently working at the FBI and the Department of Justice,” he said, referencing DOJ officials Rod Rosenstein and Bruce Ohr.

“You think about, ‘is this happening in America or is this the KGB?’ That's how alarming it is,” Pennsylvania Rep. Scott Perry said.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...de-public.html