+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Storm brewing in Washington DC

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Storm brewing in Washington DC

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Your explanation would have some merit only if no evidence was uncovered by the congressional investigators. Neither you nor the Washington Post have made any attempt to explain that one away.
    It might come as a bit of a shock to you but the 18 month investigation was not undertaken by me or The Washington Post but by a team under the control of a Federal Prosecutor hand-picked by Trump into the role. After considering all the evidence it concluded in its own words as recorded in the Daily Caller article:

"More specifically, the Government agrees that the public allegations that your client stole U.S. House of Representatives ('House') equipment and engaged in unauthorized or illegal conduct involving House computer systems do not form the basis of any conduct relevant to the determination of the sentence in this case," the plea agreement states.

"The Government conducted a thorough investigation of those allegations, including interviewing approximately 40 witnesses; taking custody of the House Democratic Caucus server, along with other computers, hard drives, and electronic devices; examining those devices, including inspecting their physical condition and analyzing log-in and usage data; reviewing electronic communications between pertinent House employees; consulting with the House Office of General Counsel and House information technology personnel to access and/or collect evidence; and questioning your client during numerous voluntary interviews,” according to the plea agreement.

This clearly shows that the conclusions were reached after relevant consultation with congressional investigators. You might not like the conclusions but unless the Trump hand-picked Federal Prosecutor failed to ensure due process then it would appear justice has been served. Obviously you will have evidence to the contrary that is more substantive than sour grapes.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    It might come as a bit of a shock to you but the 18 month investigation was not undertaken by me or The Washington Post but by a team under the control of a Federal Prosecutor hand-picked by Trump into the role.
    BTW why was the lead prosecutor Michael Morando replaced by J.P. Coomey days before the latest hearing? Any news from the Washington Post on this latest development?

"The Government conducted a thorough investigation of those allegations, including interviewing approximately 40 witnesses; taking custody of the House Democratic Caucus server, along with other computers, hard drives, and electronic devices; examining those devices, including inspecting their physical condition and analyzing log-in and usage data; reviewing electronic communications between pertinent House employees; consulting with the House Office of General Counsel and House information technology personnel to access and/or collect evidence; and questioning your client during numerous voluntary interviews,” according to the plea agreement.
    This article identifies some problematic aspects of the case.

https://www.lifezette.com/polizette/...or-imran-awan/

Forget Trump, forget the Washington Post, just look at the facts of the matter.

This article identifies some problematic aspects of the case.

https://www.lifezette.com/polizette/...or-imran-awan/

Forget Trump, forget the Washington Post, just look at the facts of the matter.
    You seem absolutely transfixed by the fact that the filleting of this conspiracy nonsense was first reported in the Washington Post. It could have come from a dozen other reports as the facts speak for themselves. The US government via the Department of Justice through the office of Jessie Liu conducted a thorough investigation and found no evidence to support any of the assertions made through the Daily Caller investigative reports. The plea bargain attached confirms this.

https://assets.documentcloud.org/doc...-Agreement.pdf

I am sure that the House Investigators named in the article pleading with Trump to reopen the case have the opportunity to dispute the attributions in the plea but that does not appear to be the case. The rest of the article is just a cut and paste from Rosiak's views. So either Trump's hand-picked appointee has been got at or it was all baloney to begin with!

Like I said if you want to work through the grieving process then don't let me stop you though it looks like you might be in the denial phase for some while yet.

You seem absolutely transfixed by the fact that the filleting of this conspiracy nonsense was first reported in the Washington Post. It could have come from a dozen other reports as the facts speak for themselves. The US government via the Department of Justice through the office of Jessie Liu conducted a thorough investigation and found no evidence to support any of the assertions made through the Daily Caller investigative reports. The plea bargain attached confirms this.

https://assets.documentcloud.org/doc...-Agreement.pdf

I am sure that the House Investigators named in the article pleading with Trump to reopen the case have the opportunity to dispute the attributions in the plea but that does not appear to be the case. The rest of the article is just a cut and paste from Rosiak's views. So either Trump's hand-picked appointee has been got at or it was all baloney to begin with!

Like I said if you want to work through the grieving process then don't let me stop you though it looks like you might be in the denial phase for some while yet.
    Yeah, yeah, next you'll be telling me the gentle tap on the wrist Blair received for the WMD fiasco was entirely appropriate, since he wasn't found guilty of anything. Seen it all a hundred times before cyril, if you don't ask the right questions or look at specific evidence, you can manufacture any outcome you want.

Yeah, yeah, next you'll be telling me the gentle tap on the wrist Blair received for the WMD fiasco was entirely appropriate, since he wasn't found guilty of anything. Seen it all a hundred times before cyril, if you don't ask the right questions or look at specific evidence, you can manufacture any outcome you want.
    Look I understand that the only place to go when a conspiracy theory you fully supported runs into the sand is to rubbish the investigation that confirmed this. Deep state has obviously turned the hand-picked Trump attorney that was responsible for the investigation so there is little wonder that it ended like it did.

If you don't mind a little advice it would be not to use up all your "bogus investigation" ammunition on this one, you might need something in the chamber for Uranium One and Spygate!

Look I understand that the only place to go when a conspiracy theory you fully supported runs into the sand is to rubbish the investigation that confirmed this. Deep state has obviously turned the hand-picked Trump attorney that was responsible for the investigation so there is little wonder that it ended like it did.

If you don't mind a little advice it would be not to use up all your "bogus investigation" ammunition on this one, you might need something in the chamber for Uranium One and Spygate!
    I would agree with you if there were no evidence, but the findings of the internal investigatons are on public record. You can't be both A and non-A simultaneously, any law school rookie would know that.

https://crossexamined.org/logic-is-bedrock/

Trump ain't buying what your selling.

Trump ain't buying what your selling.

Phew there's a relief. Will look out for you wandering aimlessly around Blenheim Palace in a red baseball cap next week shouting for your hero.

Bizarrely he did get one thing right though given that the only thing the Pakistani, as Trump so delicately identifies him, was charged with by his hand-picked Attorney was fraud after all!