+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Storm brewing in Washington DC

Re: Storm brewing in Washington DC

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Nelsonca61 is right, it is for the sake of humanity. Are you against humanity?
    You seem to have missed the "if" bit of his homily.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    You seem to have missed the "if" bit of his homily.
    So that's your excuse for supporting the potentially bad guys?

So that's your excuse for supporting the potentially bad guys?
    I thought you only dealt in facts?

oops forgot the

Yeah, and I hope you don't end up on the wrong side of history

Yeah, and I hope you don't end up on the wrong side of history
    au contraire - you fervently hope I end up on the wrong side of history!

au contraire - you fervently hope I end up on the wrong side of history!
    I call my shots early on, based on evidence written by their own hands.

I call my shots early on, based on evidence written by their own hands.
    Give us a hint about what's coming .. Something to do with President Obama? Trump just called him Cheatin' Obama.

Give us a hint about what's coming .. Something to do with President Obama? Trump just called him Cheatin' Obama.
    I'm guessing he was in the loop on the grand plan to depose Trump? It's hard to see how he wouldn't be.

I'm guessing he was in the loop on the grand plan to depose Trump?
    That's the thing about early evidence based shot calling though... you don't have to guess!

That's the thing about early evidence based shot calling though... you don't have to guess!
    We'll he hasn't been directly linked yet, whereas everybody else has, so there is the possibility that it all ends with Hillary

Presumably the redacted bits are all the allegations that Mueller is still pursuing!!

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/04/03/p...emo/index.html
    CTH comment on Aug 2 memo .. https://theconservativetreehouse.com...authorization/

Has Mueller Already Been Subpoenaed in a Re-Impaneled Uranium One Investigation?

https://www.counterpunch.org/2018/04...investigation/

Rosenstein Memo confirming Mueller could investigate Manafort came a week after raid on Manafort’s home

https://legalinsurrection.com/2018/0...anaforts-home/

Rosenstein Memo confirming Mueller could investigate Manafort came a week after raid on Manafort’s home

https://legalinsurrection.com/2018/0...anaforts-home/
    Thread: Legal analysis on problems w/ Rosenstein's purported "authorization" of #Mueller to investigate matters outside the time frame & subject matter of the 2016 campaign. Upshot: Rosenstein usurped Sessions's power & gave secret authorization to Mueller to witch-hunt Manafort.

https://twitter.com/Barnes_Law/statu...57926475112448

Presumably the redacted bits are all the allegations that Mueller is still pursuing!!

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/04/03/p...emo/index.html
    Why has this memo surfaced now? Is it to do with Manafort's request for the dismissal of his case?

Why has this memo surfaced now? Is it to do with Manafort's request for the dismissal of his case?
    Basically yes, Manafort has sought his charges to be dismissed because he asserts that they relate to areas outwith Mueller's locus. The redacted document was put into court as part of the rebuttal that Manfort and his previous activities were clearly within Mueller's powers.

Basically yes, Manafort has sought his charges to be dismissed because he asserts that they relate to areas outwith Mueller's locus. The redacted document was put into court as part of the rebuttal that Manfort and his previous activities were clearly within Mueller's powers.
    And now we find out the memo was written after the raid on his home, and possibly Rosenstein was overstepping his authority?

Never a dull moment in Trumptown hey.

And now we find out the memo was written after the raid on his home?
    But presumably long before any challenge Manafort produced that the actions were outside Mueller's remit. Good luck in court with that one Paul!

But presumably long before any challenge Manafort produced that the actions were outside Mueller's remit. Good luck in court with that one Paul!
    The judge seems sympathetic to this, fair play! Manafort is probably seeing if Amazon deliver self-administered novichok syringes.

Berman Jackson got so frustrated with the way Downing had changed his case, as he neared the end of his argument, she cut him off mid-sentence: "I don't really understand what's left of your case. Do you have one case that supports this?"

And now we find out the memo was written after the raid on his home, and possibly Rosenstein was overstepping his authority?

Never a dull moment in Trumptown hey.
    Wasn't expecting this tonight!!
    q.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Wasn't expecting this tonight!!
    q.jpg
    This has got me doubting a few things....mainly whether Ted Rogers is really dead!

Threatening legal fight, Nunes demands document that kicked off FBI Trump-Russia investigation

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes, R-Calif., has sent a letter to Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and FBI Director Christopher Wray demanding an uncensored copy of the document the bureau used to formally begin its investigation into alleged collusion between Russia and Trump's presidential campaign.

The originating document has been the subject of much controversy. After some Republicans alleged that the FBI used never-verified parts of the Trump dossier as part of its reason to begin the investigation in July 2016, some "current and former" officials leaked to the New York Times that no, it was the case of George Papadopoulos, reported to U.S. authorities by foreign intelligence agents, that prompted the FBI investigation.

"The information that Mr. Papadopoulos gave to the Australians answers one of the lingering mysteries of the past year: What so alarmed American officials to provoke the FBI to open a counterintelligence investigation into the Trump campaign months before the presidential election?" the Times reported on Dec. 30. "It was not, as Mr. Trump and other politicians have alleged, a dossier compiled by a former British spy hired by a rival campaign. Instead, it was firsthand information from one of America's closest intelligence allies."

The Times report led to a lot of arguing back and forth over what "started" the investigation. It wasn't a particularly enlightening argument, because whatever the FBI cited to formally begin the investigation, it is beyond debate that in the summer of 2016, the bureau knew not just about Papadopoulos, but also about a) Carter Page's trip to Moscow, b) the dossier, and c) the DNC hack, among other things. They would all play big roles in the investigation.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...p-russia-probe

So Trump was wrong about the Steele dossier being used to kick off the investigation?