+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Storm brewing in Washington DC

Re: Storm brewing in Washington DC

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Very interesting, although I did say this might happen!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Very interesting, although I did say this might happen!
    You said that an 18 month investigation overseen by a Prosecutor who was part of Trump's transition team and was hand-picked for the DC office not only did not find any evidence for the crank conspiracies you have been pedaling for the past year but also took the step to publicly repudiate them. Like to see that post again!

“Particularly, the Government has found no evidence that your client illegally removed House data from the House network or from House Members’ offices, stole the House Democratic Caucus Server, stole or destroyed House information technology equipment, or improperly accessed or transferred government information, including classified or sensitive information,”

You can file this one alongside your Pizzagate, Seth Rich and other unsubstantiated tosh you bombard us with.

You said that an 18 month investigation overseen by a Prosecutor who was part of Trump's transition team and was hand-picked for the DC office not only did not find any evidence for the crank conspiracies you have been pedaling for the past year but also took the step to publicly repudiate them. Like to see that post again!

“Particularly, the Government has found no evidence that your client illegally removed House data from the House network or from House Members’ offices, stole the House Democratic Caucus Server, stole or destroyed House information technology equipment, or improperly accessed or transferred government information, including classified or sensitive information,”

You can file this one alongside your Pizzagate, Seth Rich and other unsubstantiated tosh you bombard us with.
    If it was an open and shut case I would normally be in full agreement with you.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/07/03/aw...y-not-charged/

If it was an open and shut case I would normally be in full agreement with you.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/07/03/aw...y-not-charged/
    The only questions remaining are being raised by the idiot of a "reporter" who inflated this as a scandal in the first place and is slowly watching what little credibility he ever had and those Hannity and Fox News appearance fees dribbling down the toilet. Are you so gullible you expected the Daily Caller to accept the validity of the findings of an investigation, I repeat overseen by a hand-picked Trump appointee? Don't answer that!

The only questions remaining are being raised by the idiot of a "reporter" who inflated this as a scandal in the first place and is slowly watching what little credibility he ever had and those Hannity and Fox News appearance fees dribbling down the toilet. Are you so gullible you expected the Daily Caller to accept the validity of the findings of an investigation, I repeat overseen by a hand-picked Trump appointee? Don't answer that!
    I don't really care about the reporter, I just take note of what he reportod on, which includes documentary evidence from congessional staff members who investigated the Awan case. So, it's been swept under the carpet. Nobody is surprised given the implications. What is clear is that you are a Washington Post deciple, and in the future if I want to know your opinion on anything I will just consult with the WAPO! Incidentally their reporter wasn't even in court yesterday, and he published his account before the hearing had even ended.

I don't really care about the reporter, I just take note of what he reportod on, which includes documentary evidence from congessional staff members who investigated the Awan case. So, it's been swept under the carpet. Nobody is surprised given the implications. What is clear is that you are a Washington Post deciple, and in the future if I want to know your opinion on anything I will just consult with the WAPO! Incidentally their reporter wasn't even in court yesterday, and he published his account before the hearing had even ended.
    I don't think there is much room for opinion, just the resolution of a case by investigators overseen by a member of the Trump transition team who was personally interviewed by Trump before appointment in terms that could not be clearer that there was not a shred of worthwhile evidence to support the breathless drivel you have been posting for the last year.

I never expected you to recognise how completely wide of the mark your pronouncements and baseless innuendo have been on this over the last year but if you need the facts confirmed by reading verbatim details of the court settlement in the Washington Post or any other media outlet then don't let me stop you!

I don't think there is much room for opinion, just the resolution of a case by investigators overseen by a member of the Trump transition team who was personally interviewed by Trump before appointment in terms that could not be clearer that there was not a shred of worthwhile evidence to support the breathless drivel you have been posting for the last year.

I never expected you to recognise how completely wide of the mark your pronouncements and baseless innuendo have been on this over the last year but if you need the facts confirmed by reading verbatim details of the court settlement in the Washington Post or any other media outlet then don't let me stop you!
    Your explanation would have some merit only if no evidence was uncovered by the congressional investigators. Neither you nor the Washington Post have made any attempt to explain that one away.

Conjugate the verb "to deflect"

Your explanation would have some merit only if no evidence was uncovered by the congressional investigators. Neither you nor the Washington Post have made any attempt to explain that one away.
    It might come as a bit of a shock to you but the 18 month investigation was not undertaken by me or The Washington Post but by a team under the control of a Federal Prosecutor hand-picked by Trump into the role. After considering all the evidence it concluded in its own words as recorded in the Daily Caller article:

"More specifically, the Government agrees that the public allegations that your client stole U.S. House of Representatives ('House') equipment and engaged in unauthorized or illegal conduct involving House computer systems do not form the basis of any conduct relevant to the determination of the sentence in this case," the plea agreement states.

"The Government conducted a thorough investigation of those allegations, including interviewing approximately 40 witnesses; taking custody of the House Democratic Caucus server, along with other computers, hard drives, and electronic devices; examining those devices, including inspecting their physical condition and analyzing log-in and usage data; reviewing electronic communications between pertinent House employees; consulting with the House Office of General Counsel and House information technology personnel to access and/or collect evidence; and questioning your client during numerous voluntary interviews,” according to the plea agreement.

This clearly shows that the conclusions were reached after relevant consultation with congressional investigators. You might not like the conclusions but unless the Trump hand-picked Federal Prosecutor failed to ensure due process then it would appear justice has been served. Obviously you will have evidence to the contrary that is more substantive than sour grapes.

It might come as a bit of a shock to you but the 18 month investigation was not undertaken by me or The Washington Post but by a team under the control of a Federal Prosecutor hand-picked by Trump into the role. After considering all the evidence it concluded in its own words as recorded in the Daily Caller article:

"More specifically, the Government agrees that the public allegations that your client stole U.S. House of Representatives ('House') equipment and engaged in unauthorized or illegal conduct involving House computer systems do not form the basis of any conduct relevant to the determination of the sentence in this case," the plea agreement states.

"The Government conducted a thorough investigation of those allegations, including interviewing approximately 40 witnesses; taking custody of the House Democratic Caucus server, along with other computers, hard drives, and electronic devices; examining those devices, including inspecting their physical condition and analyzing log-in and usage data; reviewing electronic communications between pertinent House employees; consulting with the House Office of General Counsel and House information technology personnel to access and/or collect evidence; and questioning your client during numerous voluntary interviews,” according to the plea agreement.

This clearly shows that the conclusions were reached after relevant consultation with congressional investigators. You might not like the conclusions but unless the Trump hand-picked Federal Prosecutor failed to ensure due process then it would appear justice has been served. Obviously you will have evidence to the contrary that is more substantive than sour grapes.
    An interesting detail has emerged from the plea offer made to Imran Awan by Jessie K.Liu, United States Attorney District of Columbia, that the Washington Post completely failed to report.

"Your client further understands that this Agreement is binding only upon the Criminal and Superior Court Divisions of the United States Attomey's Office for the District of Columbia. This Agreement does not bind the Civil Division of this Office or any other United States
    Attomey's Office, nor does it bind any other state, local, or federal prosecutor. It also does not bar or compromise any civil, tax, or administrative claim pending or that may be made against your client."

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't Attorney General Sessions have a Federal Prosecutor working for him based in Utah, who has already empanelled a Grand Jury? I'm not saying there is any connection, but how funny would that be!

PS I think you are referring to District of Columbia state prosecutor are you not?

An interesting detail has emerged from the plea offer made to Imran Awan by Jessie K.Liu, United States Attorney District of Columbia, that the Washington Post completely failed to report.

"Your client further understands that this Agreement is binding only upon the Criminal and Superior Court Divisions of the United States Attomey's Office for the District of Columbia. This Agreement does not bind the Civil Division of this Office or any other United States
    Attomey's Office, nor does it bind any other state, local, or federal prosecutor. It also does not bar or compromise any civil, tax, or administrative claim pending or that may be made against your client."

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't Attorney General Sessions have a Federal Prosecutor working for him based in Utah, who has already empanelled a Grand Jury? I'm not saying there is any connection, but how funny would that be!

PS I think you are referring to District of Columbia state prosecutor are you not?
    See if you can spot what this startling new bit of straw clutching has in common with completely unrelated plea bargain cases copied randomly off the internet. Could it be some kind of standard waiver???? Don't let me stop your denial though!

This agreement applies only to the criminal violations described and does not apply to any civil matter or any civil forfeiture proceeding except as specifically set forth. This agreement binds only the United States Attorney's Office of the Western District of Oklahoma and does not bind any other federal, state, or local prosecuting, administrative, or regulatory authority.

The defendant understands that this agreement is only binding on the Office of the United States Attorney for the District of New Mexico and the Office of Consumer Litigation of the United States Department of Justice. Nothing in this agreement shall bind any other federal, state or local agency.

It might come as a bit of a shock to you but the 18 month investigation was not undertaken by me or The Washington Post but by a team under the control of a Federal Prosecutor hand-picked by Trump into the role.
    BTW why was the lead prosecutor Michael Morando replaced by J.P. Coomey days before the latest hearing? Any news from the Washington Post on this latest development?

See if you can spot what this startling new bit of straw clutching has in common with completely unrelated plea bargain cases copied randomly off the internet. Could it be some kind of standard waiver???? Don't let me stop your denial though!

This agreement applies only to the criminal violations described and does not apply to any civil matter or any civil forfeiture proceeding except as specifically set forth. This agreement binds only the United States Attorney's Office of the Western District of Oklahoma and does not bind any other federal, state, or local prosecuting, administrative, or regulatory authority.

The defendant understands that this agreement is only binding on the Office of the United States Attorney for the District of New Mexico and the Office of Consumer Litigation of the United States Department of Justice. Nothing in this agreement shall bind any other federal, state or local agency.
    I copied it directly from the Awan plea offer, it's at the top of page 10

I copied it directly from the Awan plea offer, it's at the top of page 10
    I know. I copied these from two unrelated cases in two different states and they say exactly the same thing. It's almost like they use a template or something but you carry on believing that this is specially inserted for conspiracy theory cases if you want!

I know. I copied these from two unrelated cases in two different states and they say exactly the same thing. It's almost like they use a template or something but you carry on believing that this is specially inserted for conspiracy theory cases if you want!
    I will continue to monitor developments from a neutral vantage point, as opposed to your good self who has clearly nailed your colours to the Washington Post mast

This article identifies some problematic aspects of the case.

https://www.lifezette.com/polizette/...or-imran-awan/

Forget Trump, forget the Washington Post, just look at the facts of the matter.

This article identifies some problematic aspects of the case.

https://www.lifezette.com/polizette/...or-imran-awan/

Forget Trump, forget the Washington Post, just look at the facts of the matter.
    You seem absolutely transfixed by the fact that the filleting of this conspiracy nonsense was first reported in the Washington Post. It could have come from a dozen other reports as the facts speak for themselves. The US government via the Department of Justice through the office of Jessie Liu conducted a thorough investigation and found no evidence to support any of the assertions made through the Daily Caller investigative reports. The plea bargain attached confirms this.

https://assets.documentcloud.org/doc...-Agreement.pdf

I am sure that the House Investigators named in the article pleading with Trump to reopen the case have the opportunity to dispute the attributions in the plea but that does not appear to be the case. The rest of the article is just a cut and paste from Rosiak's views. So either Trump's hand-picked appointee has been got at or it was all baloney to begin with!

Like I said if you want to work through the grieving process then don't let me stop you though it looks like you might be in the denial phase for some while yet.

You seem absolutely transfixed by the fact that the filleting of this conspiracy nonsense was first reported in the Washington Post. It could have come from a dozen other reports as the facts speak for themselves. The US government via the Department of Justice through the office of Jessie Liu conducted a thorough investigation and found no evidence to support any of the assertions made through the Daily Caller investigative reports. The plea bargain attached confirms this.

https://assets.documentcloud.org/doc...-Agreement.pdf

I am sure that the House Investigators named in the article pleading with Trump to reopen the case have the opportunity to dispute the attributions in the plea but that does not appear to be the case. The rest of the article is just a cut and paste from Rosiak's views. So either Trump's hand-picked appointee has been got at or it was all baloney to begin with!

Like I said if you want to work through the grieving process then don't let me stop you though it looks like you might be in the denial phase for some while yet.
    Yeah, yeah, next you'll be telling me the gentle tap on the wrist Blair received for the WMD fiasco was entirely appropriate, since he wasn't found guilty of anything. Seen it all a hundred times before cyril, if you don't ask the right questions or look at specific evidence, you can manufacture any outcome you want.

Yeah, yeah, next you'll be telling me the gentle tap on the wrist Blair received for the WMD fiasco was entirely appropriate, since he wasn't found guilty of anything. Seen it all a hundred times before cyril, if you don't ask the right questions or look at specific evidence, you can manufacture any outcome you want.
    Look I understand that the only place to go when a conspiracy theory you fully supported runs into the sand is to rubbish the investigation that confirmed this. Deep state has obviously turned the hand-picked Trump attorney that was responsible for the investigation so there is little wonder that it ended like it did.

If you don't mind a little advice it would be not to use up all your "bogus investigation" ammunition on this one, you might need something in the chamber for Uranium One and Spygate!

Look I understand that the only place to go when a conspiracy theory you fully supported runs into the sand is to rubbish the investigation that confirmed this. Deep state has obviously turned the hand-picked Trump attorney that was responsible for the investigation so there is little wonder that it ended like it did.

If you don't mind a little advice it would be not to use up all your "bogus investigation" ammunition on this one, you might need something in the chamber for Uranium One and Spygate!
    I would agree with you if there were no evidence, but the findings of the internal investigatons are on public record. You can't be both A and non-A simultaneously, any law school rookie would know that.

https://crossexamined.org/logic-is-bedrock/

Memos detail FBI’s ‘Hurry the F up pressure’ to probe Trump campaign

http://thehill.com/opinion/white-hou...trump-campaign

Trump ain't buying what your selling.

Trump ain't buying what your selling.

Phew there's a relief. Will look out for you wandering aimlessly around Blenheim Palace in a red baseball cap next week shouting for your hero.

Bizarrely he did get one thing right though given that the only thing the Pakistani, as Trump so delicately identifies him, was charged with by his hand-picked Attorney was fraud after all!

Phew there's a relief. Will look out for you wandering aimlessly around Blenheim Palace in a red baseball cap next week shouting for your hero.

Bizarrely he did get one thing right though given that the only thing the Pakistani, as Trump so delicately identifies him, was charged with by his hand-picked Attorney was fraud after all!
    It's quite a shopping list that he presented there, but the question is who knows more about DC political games, you or Trump? Who should I believe? It's like you, the Washington Post and CNN are on one side, and Trump is on the other. I've already witnessed lardy come a cropper after following a similar strategy over the Trump Russia Collusion nonsense. Will history repeat or will you be victorious?