+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Storm brewing in Washington DC

Re: Storm brewing in Washington DC

Not often you see a pictoral argument for the virtues of a dry January!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Not often you see a pictoral argument for the virtues of a dry January!
    Strategically dry before they switch on the weather machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Strategically dry before they switch on the weather machine.
    and I was convinced that most of your posts must have been influenced by mescal or absinthe

and I was convinced that most of your posts must have been influenced by mescal or absinthe
    Don't forget the state of the union address when the whole of America will be watching

Don't forget the state of the union address when the whole of America will be watching
    It's an ill wind that blows nobody any good it would appear!

https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...olitico-216545

They don't give up do they, Russia, Russia, Russia Collusion! When all else fails, there is always the good old distraction attraction to fall back upon

Here is an interesting interview from the weekend.

Rumour has it McCabe has resigned? So much for Mr Warner's latest attempt at "narrative engineering". One last gasp before they release the memo?

BBC pin McCabe's resignation on "nasty" Trump.

"Andrew McCabe's exit from the top law enforcement agency comes a week after a report that Mr Trump wanted him out.

It was also reported last week that the president had asked Mr McCabe during an Oval Office meeting whom he voted for."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-42865202

Steve Brusk‏ Verified account
    @stevebruskCNN

From our Justice team One source said FBI Deputy Director McCabe's departure was not in the plans as of Friday. The source said McCabe was told this morning to step down. A second source described McCabe’s departure as being “removed”.

10:09 am - 29 Jan 2018

Http://twitter.com/stevebruskCNN/sta...39390139375616

McCabe Resigns After FBI Director Wray Reviews House FISA Abuse Memo

FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe was forced to resign Monday, just as the House Intelligence Committee is expected to vote on the public release of a classified memo this afternoon revealing extensive Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act abuse under the Obama administration, sources told this reporter.

https://saraacarter.com/mccabe-resig...buse-memo/amp/

Mark Meadows @RepMarkMeadows 18m

BREAKING: The House Intel Committee voted to release the classified memo related to FISA and surveillance abuses. It now goes to the President. Outstanding work from Chairman Nunes.

We're one step closer to the public rightfully seeing the very same memo we did. #ReleaseTheMemo

https://twitter.com/RepMarkMeadows/s...20865287327744

Mark Meadows @RepMarkMeadows 18m

BREAKING: The House Intel Committee voted to release the classified memo related to FISA and surveillance abuses. It now goes to the President. Outstanding work from Chairman Nunes.

We're one step closer to the public rightfully seeing the very same memo we did. #ReleaseTheMemo

https://twitter.com/RepMarkMeadows/s...20865287327744
    So now we find out that Nunes the stormbringer has not even read the intelligence on which his memo is based. The sooner this shabby bit of political theatre gets aired so that it has some degree of proper scrutiny the better.

So now we find out that Nunes the stormbringer has not even read the intelligence on which his memo is based. The sooner this shabby bit of political theatre gets aired so that it has some degree of proper scrutiny the better.
    Are you saying he's made it all up? That the evidence doesn't even exist?

Are you saying he's made it all up? That the evidence doesn't even exist?
    A cocktail of facts, spin and untruth. The benefit of deliberately misinterpreting classified information of course is that you cannot expose that information to disprove it.

A cocktail of facts, spin and untruth. The benefit of deliberately misinterpreting classified information of course is that you cannot expose that information to disprove it.
    But the facts have to exist right, otherwise there would be chaos. It is my understanding that all of this is based on the preliminary findings of the inspector general, and his full report is due for release sometime around March.

But the facts have to exist right, otherwise there would be chaos. It is my understanding that all of this is based on the preliminary findings of the inspector general, and his full report is due for release sometime around March.
    I understand that there is also a Democrat alternative memo based on those facts. Presumably you want that one released as well at the same time so we can see both sides of the argument and reach conclusions.

Also are you saying that Republican staffers for Nunes who wrote the memo a couple of weeks ago were using the Inspector General report at whatever stage of drafting it was rather than the evidence released to the Congressional committee? If so why not just wait until the preliminary report was released rather than codding one up themselves.

I understand that there is also a Democrat alternative memo based on those facts. Presumably you want that one released as well at the same time so we can see both sides of the argument and reach conclusions.
    They can't just release it, they have to follow a process, the same one that the Nunes memo went through. I am sure we will see it soon enough

Also are you saying that Republican staffers for Nunes who wrote the memo a couple of weeks ago were using the Inspector General report at whatever stage of drafting it was rather than the evidence released to the Congressional committee? If so why not just wait until the preliminary report was released rather than codding one up themselves.
    Maybe they have sexed up the memo just a little bit, to get ahead of current events? I've no doubt the OIG report is going to be damning, as will further investigations into the FBI, DOJ and the Clintons. In saying that, somebody should realise that they do need to declassify the underlying evidence in order to satisfy people like you, and the other diehard Democrats.

Maybe they have sexed up the memo just a little bit, to get ahead of current events? I've no doubt the OIG report is going to be damning, as will further investigations into the FBI, DOJ and the Clintons. In saying that, somebody should realise that they do need to declassify the underlying evidence in order to satisfy people like you, and the other diehard Democrats.
    Whatever happens I’m sure you’ll keep us updated with links from your alt right.... I mean neutral websites 👍

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Whatever happens I’m sure you’ll keep us updated with links from your alt right.... I mean neutral websites ��
    ABC News

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XdCZtwtFM0

One man's sexing up is another Trump appointed FBI Director's false narrative it would appear. I still favour the publish and be damned route though.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...because-it-has

One man's sexing up is another Trump appointed FBI Director's false narrative it would appear. I still favour the publish and be damned route though.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...because-it-has
    While there are some political elements in play, the aim of the memo is to start a conversation. This conversation will be ongoing and more facts will emerge in the OIG report, and during other government investigations. I agree with you, release the memo and let's see where the chips fall. As the old adage goes, nothing to hide, nothing to fear.

Must say I continue to be surprised by your unflinching belief in Trump. He's a swamp creature who's playing a role. This memo business is just another psyop distraction. It was written by swamp dwellers, voted to be released by them and now we have this wholly fake melodrama about when the public gets to see it. Any of the politicians who have read it and pretended to be shocked by its contents could have already done so by reading it out in the House, just as any UK MP can say whatever they wish in the Commoms with the protection of Parliamentary Privelege. (Well, anything other than mention who the Bank of England nominees are, anyway.)

There's no chance of any Clinton, Bush, Obama seeing the interior of a prison cell or having their collar felt. Same goes for any other crim of importance.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Must say I continue to be surprised by your unflinching belief in Trump. He's a swamp creature who's playing a role. This memo business is just another psyop distraction. It was written by swamp dwellers, voted to be released by them and now we have this wholly fake melodrama about when the public gets to see it. Any of the politicians who have read it and pretended to be shocked by its contents could have already done so by reading it out in the House, just as any UK MP can say whatever they wish in the Commoms with the protection of Parliamentary Privelege. (Well, anything other than mention who the Bank of England nominees are, anyway.)

There's no chance of any Clinton, Bush, Obama seeing the interior of a prison cell or having their collar felt. Same goes for any other crim of importance.
    All of this info has been available on the internet for over a year. Who leaked it out is anyone's guess, but those in power on Capital Hill were late to the game, they didn't even know who the Awan Brothers were until some citizen journalists informed them.

When all is revealed, I think this is going to turn out to be some kind of high-level mousetrap, probably involving US military intelligence.