+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Storm brewing in Washington DC

Re: Storm brewing in Washington DC

Press Releases

Nunes Statement on FBI, DOJ Objections to Release of HPSCI Memo

Washington, January 31, 2018

House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence Chairman Devin Nunes issued the following statement today:

“Having stonewalled Congress’ demands for information for nearly a year, it’s no surprise to see the FBI and DOJ issue spurious objections to allowing the American people to see information related to surveillance abuses at these agencies. The FBI is intimately familiar with ‘material omissions’ with respect to their presentations to both Congress and the courts, and they are welcome to make public, to the greatest extent possible, all the information they have on these abuses. Regardless, it’s clear that top officials used unverified information in a court document to fuel a counter-intelligence investigation during an American political campaign. Once the truth gets out, we can begin taking steps to ensure our intelligence agencies and courts are never misused like this again.”

https://intelligence.house.gov/news/...DocumentID=854

Robert Mueller has asked for a postponement of General Flynn's sentencing date.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...e-a-sentencing

Lovely day for a storm ...

I see it's being widely speculated that the memo is being released at 2pm UK time today. There seems to be much confusion whether it'll be the original version which politicians viewed or an edited/redacted one. I'll stick with my forecast that whatever's released it'll be another psyop nothin' burger.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I see it's being widely speculated that the memo is being released at 2pm UK time today. There seems to be much confusion whether it'll be the original version which politicians viewed or an edited/redacted one. I'll stick with my forecast that whatever's released it'll be another psyop nothin' burger.
    Of course there is "confusion", the MSM are in full flow doing the very thing they excel at If it is a nothingburger, expect to see leaks within minutes that attempt to prove it. And don't forget Nunes want to get all the underlying documents released too, so this is all playing into his hands nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Of course there is "confusion", the MSM are in full flow doing the very thing they excel at If it is a nothingburger, expect to see leaks within minutes that attempt to prove it. And don't forget Nunes want to get all the underlying documents released too, so this is all playing into his hands nicely.
    Go on...tell us. How much popcorn have you bought?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Go on...tell us. How much popcorn have you bought?
    Someone's got to play devil's advocate, and I'm a wolf in a field of sheep Besides that, we have all known for the past year the things that are going to be in memo, you just chose to ignore it. Confirmation bias? MSM persuasion?

Someone's got to play devil's advocate, and I'm a wolf in a field of sheep Besides that, we have all known for the past year the things that are going to be in memo, you just chose to ignore it. Confirmation bias? MSM persuasion?
    Well you have cried wolf often enough to deserve the title I suppose!

Schiff Claims House Intel Republicans ‘Secretly Altered’ Spy Memo

In a letter to California Rep. Devin Nunes, the chairman of the committee, Schiff claimed that Democrats discovered on Wednesday that the classified four-page memo had been “secretly altered” prior to being sent to the White House for review.

“After reviewing both versions, it is clear that the Majority made material changes to the version it sent to the White House, which Committee members were never apprised of, never had the opportunity to review, and never approved,” Schiff wrote.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/31/ad...fisa-memo-fbi/

There seems to be a lot of concern over a "fake" memo

Blog Entries

There seems to be a lot of concern over a "fake" memo

White House worried FBI director could quit over Nunes memo release

FBI Director Christopher Wray could quit if the highly controversial Republican memo alleging the FBI abused its surveillance tools is released, multiple sources with knowledge of the situation tell CNN.

http://edition.cnn.com/2018/02/01/po...emo/index.html

White House worried FBI director could quit over Nunes memo release

FBI Director Christopher Wray could quit if the highly controversial Republican memo alleging the FBI abused its surveillance tools is released, multiple sources with knowledge of the situation tell CNN.

http://edition.cnn.com/2018/02/01/po...emo/index.html
    I'll believe this when you post something from one of your authoritative trusted sources.

I'll believe this when you post something from one of your authoritative trusted sources.
    The Treehouse website has had this whole story nailed for ages, even has people in government following his Twitter.

FBI Warns Republican Memo Could Undermine Faith In Massive, Unaccountable Government Secret Agencies

WASHINGTON—Stressing that such an action would be highly reckless, FBI Director Christopher Wray warned Thursday that releasing the “Nunes Memo” could potentially undermine faith in the massive, unaccountable government secret agencies of the United States. “Making this memo public will almost certainly impede our ability to conduct clandestine activities operating outside any legal or judicial system on an international scale,” said Wray, noting that it was essential that mutual trust exist between the American people and the vast, mysterious cabal given free rein to use any tactics necessary to conduct surveillance on U.S. citizens or subvert religious and political groups. “If we take away the people’s faith in this shadowy monolith exempt from any consequences, all that’s left is an extensive network of rogue, unelected intelligence officers carrying out extrajudicial missions for a variety of subjective, and occasionally personal, reasons.” At press time, Wray confirmed the massive, unaccountable government secret agencies were unaware of any wrongdoing for violating constitutional rights.

https://politics.theonion.com/fbi-wa...ass-1822639681

Today's the day, apparently, for the memo release. Will it be a redacted version different to the one that upset politicians?

Was that the best they could do?

The reason this website crashed earlier was Wales Bales tried to simultaneously put 150 links on at once

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    So basically - they seem to have proved the FBI had Trump under surveillance as well as creating a "Dodgy Dossier" on him - is that about the gist of it ?

I guess officially there aren't supposed to do that ?
    The gist is that a dossier compiled by a British ex-spook on Trump was a hatchet job by Clinton and was basically the only thing used by the FBI to get a surveillance warrant on a guy who worked on the Trump campaign on the basis that he was working with/for the Russians. Further a host of named officials knew that it was dodgy but still renewed the warrant on three occasions.

It's at the link in full for those who wish to peruse it.

http://fingfx.thomsonreuters.com/gfx..._medium=Social

Was that the best they could do?
    There is nothing new in there that hasn't been posted on here during the past year, so I suspect the target audience for this memo was the uninformed masses. However you have to keep it all in context, if this was a game of chess it would only be the opening move. There are 3 or more parallel investigations currently going on, all of which will expand upon and flesh out these revelations, and introduce some new ones. Make no mistake about it, this is all part of a carefully laid out strategy, and what we saw today is only the game being brought out into the open, and into the consciousness of the general population at large.

So basically - they seem to have proved the FBI had Trump under surveillance as well as creating a "Dodgy Dossier" on him - is that about the gist of it ?

I guess officially there aren't supposed to do that ?
    It all sounds a bit treasonous to me, if they can back it all up. It doesn't get much worse than tampering with the election process and attempting to overthrow a sitting president.

Im guessing what the FBI and the democrats have done is illegal ?

What has Obama and Hillary Clinton had to say about it ?

Im expecting mass resignations and charges over this surely ?
    The ball is in play, and we're only only 5 seconds into the game, but judging by that opening tackle I'd be expecting to see a few red & yellow cards handed out sooner or later!

Did forecast a nothin' burger and it was a psyop. Build people's hopes then disappoint. This saga will run and run. Again, no-one of consequence will do jail time.