+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Storm brewing in Washington DC

Re: Storm brewing in Washington DC

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Says the man who repeats verbatim the MSM message of the day. So tell us again how far that technique got you?
    I'm not the ccmb laughing stock so a bit further than you

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I'm not the ccmb laughing stock so a bit further than you

It couldn't be any more fitting that you responded with a misattributed quote.

It couldn't be any more fitting that you responded with a misattributed quote.
    You are in denial mate, it tends to happen when your worldview disintegrates in front of your eyes

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Don't know your superior source wasn't able to provide anything to support its statement. I am sure there is a phrase for this kind of thing.
    It looks like the ragtag bunch of non-jouralists have beaten the popular press to the punch yet again! A superior source indeed

Conservative Treehouse

The FBI then used the Clinton Opposition Research to supplement their ongoing FISA surveillance of Donald Trump campaign officials.

So - which Donald Trump campaign officials were subject to FISA surveillance? It could not have been Carter Page as he had left the Trump campaign before the FISA warrant was agreed?
    The answer is Carter Page.

The answer is Carter Page.
    When did Carter Page leave the Trump campaign and when did the FBI apply for a FISA warrant?

When did Carter Page leave the Trump campaign and when did the FBI apply for a FISA warrant?
    Well it looks like the request was for a Title I surveillance authority, and not a FISA-702 (Title VII). This is basically a nuclear option which gives full surveillance powers over anybody Page has ever met, forwards and backwards in time.

Well it looks like the request was for a Title I surveillance authority, and not a FISA-702 (Title VII). This is basically a nuclear option which gives full surveillance powers over anybody Page has ever met, forwards and backwards in time.
    Well obviously as FISA-702 does not require a judge. If they had gone down the 702 route then the FBI/DoJ could have circumvented greater legal scrutiny and I am sure there would have been justified uproar. Indeed your Treehouse hugging friends have been diving down the (wrong) 702 rabbit-hole for a while making accusations that the FBI were using this route supported by contractors such as Fusion GPS (remember that redacted document you posted with great huff and puff) to get around legitimate scrutiny.

The fact that the "traditional" FISA route was used which requires greater independent scrutiny supports the proposition that due process was followed rather than undermines it.

Given that the warrant was served on 21 October and Page left the Trump campaign over a month before then there would be no risk of Trump or his officials being caught in any surveillance unless they continued contact after he left would there?

Well obviously as FISA-702 does not require a judge. If they had gone down the 702 route then the FBI/DoJ could have circumvented greater legal scrutiny and I am sure there would have been justified uproar. Indeed your Treehouse hugging friends have been diving down the (wrong) 702 rabbit-hole for a while making accusations that the FBI were using this route supported by contractors such as Fusion GPS (remember that redacted document you posted with great huff and puff) to get around legitimate scrutiny.

The fact that the "traditional" FISA route was used which requires greater independent scrutiny supports the proposition that due process was followed rather than undermines it.

Given that the warrant was served on 21 October and Page left the Trump campaign over a month before then there would be no risk of Trump or his officials being caught in any surveillance unless they continued contact after he left would there?
    The way I read it it's open season on anybody who had contact with him, without any time limits. However, it's getting very technical now, so I will wait for the treehuggers next update, but the question on my mind is who exactly is Carter Page? It's a pity the MSM aren't supplying any relevant analysis, and we have to rely on the insight of the non-professionals. At least we know the Title 1 authorisation puts Page in the frame as the source of the ongoing surveillance. If this was a film it would be rather good

The way I read it it's open season on anybody who had contact with him, without any time limits. However, it's getting very technical now, so I will wait for the treehuggers next update, but the question on my mind is who exactly is Carter Page? It's a pity the MSM aren't supplying any relevant analysis, and we have to rely on the insight of the non-professionals. At least we know the Title 1 authorisation puts Page in the frame as the source of the ongoing surveillance. If this was a film it would be rather good
    Whilst you are in paralysis waiting for the Conservative Treehouse to provide it's next sermon from the mount here is a wiki (pedia not leak) explaining how FISA works.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreig...rveillance_Act

To get a warrant under "traditional" FISA the DoJ would have to provide "probable cause" that Carter Page was acting as an agent of a foreign power. This has to be renewed every 90 days and on re-submission you cannot use the original basis on which you submitted the warrant you must provide additional justification. The FBI/DoJ submitted the first application in late October a couple of weeks before the Presidential election. The fact that they did so never surfaced before the election when you would think the win it for Hilary guys would be leaking it like a sieve. They then submitted a further three applications to extend. Apparently each time to a different judge!

The last application was authorised by Rod Rosenstein. This is the only mention of him in the Nunes memo. On the basis of this mention Trump is apparently casting doubt on his fitness to remain in post. The fact that he has oversight of the Mueller enquiry into "No collusion, definitely no collusion" and putting someone in place who may be more inclined to shut down Mueller is probably co-incidental.

There is copious amount of information about Carter Page including a lot of MSM if you care to google him, including details of the amount of times he took the 5th amendment when appearing in front of the intelligence committee.

On thing you may wish to ponder though is why Nunes, when compiling his kitchen sink of sins, made no mention of the type of warrant used. He had just been instrumental in reauthorising the use of warrantless FISA 702 surveillance, presumably by the same agencies he was attacking as politicised. He should therefore know the difference and be able to understand whether the correct process was used.

I know this is getting technical but facts sometimes are though I appreciate they are no substitute for wild unsubstantiated dot-joining. Good luck waiting for your next original thought.

Hey Gluey, think you should stick to "omg lardy msm lol" as Cyril is handing you your arse on a plate here

I know most of that, except for the shenanigans that went on behind the scenes. The memo itself states it wasn't a 702 warrant.

Hey Gluey, think you should stick to "omg lardy msm lol" as Cyril is handing you your arse on a plate here
    You wish matey, for all we know Page could even have been working for the FBI in order to enable the surveillance on Team Trump. I'd hazard a guess and say there was some dodgy stuff going on, and they weren't exactly playing by the Marquess of Queensbury Rules. What say you?

Whilst you are in paralysis waiting for the Conservative Treehouse to provide it's next sermon from the mount here is a wiki (pedia not leak) explaining how FISA works.
    There is copious amount of information about Carter Page including a lot of MSM if you care to google him, including details of the amount of times he took the 5th amendment when appearing in front of the intelligence committee.
    I know this is getting technical but facts sometimes are though I appreciate they are no substitute for wild unsubstantiated dot-joining. Good luck waiting for your next original thought.
    Ok, looks like the next sermon was worth the wait. The tree lovers took your sage advice and did some googling, which resulted in the following wild unsubstantiated dot joining ...

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/04/u...mp-russia.html

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-r...-idUSKCN0WB2NM

https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdny/pr...onspiracy-work

So if Page is indeed UCE-1, an FBI Undercover Employee, how did he end up on the Trump team, while also becoming a suspected Russian spy in the process?

Answers on a postcard ...

PS my arse is getting a bit uncomfortable on this plate, please may I dismount?

Ok, looks like the next sermon was worth the wait. The tree lovers took your sage advice and did some googling, which resulted in the following wild unsubstantiated dot joining ...

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/04/u...mp-russia.html

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-r...-idUSKCN0WB2NM

https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdny/pr...onspiracy-work

So if Page is indeed UCE-1, an FBI Undercover Employee, how did he end up on the Trump team, while also becoming a suspected Russian spy in the process?

Answers on a postcard ...

PS my arse is getting a bit uncomfortable on this plate, please may I dismount?
    Based on these three articles the contention is that Carter Page is the FBI informant UCE-1.

There are three Russian spies. Podobnyy, Buryakov and Sporyshev.

The New York Times article and embedded FBI statement to court says Carter Page is the founder of Global Energy Capital and met Podobnyy first at an energy symposium in New York in January 2013 and then later. In a recorded conversation Podobnyy said to Sporyshev that they exchanged lots of correspondence and Podobnyy offered to introduce Page to Sporyshev. This did not take place. Page (Male 1) was interviewed about this by the FBI in June 2013.

The Reuters article says in April 2012, Sporyshev met an undercover FBI employee posing as an analyst at a New York energy firm at an oil and gas industry conference. Over the next two years, they met to discuss the industry and other economic and political issues, prosecutors said, with Sporyshev providing gifts and cash for information. In 2013, the FBI employee began providing Sporyshev with the binders containing purported industry analysis he wrote, supporting documents, and “covertly placed recording devices,” prosecutors wrote. As the undercover employee said his company would fire him if it learned he disclosed confidential information, Sporyshev would promptly return the binders after reviewing them, prosecutors said.

So apart from the fact that the FBI employee met a different Russian to the one Page met and this took place nine months earlier and that Page owned the company so spinning a line that he would be sacked then there is every chance that Page is really an FBI employee I suppose.

Still it's good that Donny did due diligence when vetting his foreign advisors.

Bit more than a postcard but it's up to you if you think you should get off the plate I suppose.

Based on these three articles the contention is that Carter Page is the FBI informant UCE-1.

There are three Russian spies. Podobnyy, Buryakov and Sporyshev.

The New York Times article and embedded FBI statement to court says Carter Page is the founder of Global Energy Capital and met Podobnyy first at an energy symposium in New York in January 2013 and then later. In a recorded conversation Podobnyy said to Sporyshev that they exchanged lots of correspondence and Podobnyy offered to introduce Page to Sporyshev. This did not take place. Page (Male 1) was interviewed about this by the FBI in June 2013.

The Reuters article says in April 2012, Sporyshev met an undercover FBI employee posing as an analyst at a New York energy firm at an oil and gas industry conference. Over the next two years, they met to discuss the industry and other economic and political issues, prosecutors said, with Sporyshev providing gifts and cash for information. In 2013, the FBI employee began providing Sporyshev with the binders containing purported industry analysis he wrote, supporting documents, and “covertly placed recording devices,” prosecutors wrote. As the undercover employee said his company would fire him if it learned he disclosed confidential information, Sporyshev would promptly return the binders after reviewing them, prosecutors said.

So apart from the fact that the FBI employee met a different Russian to the one Page met and this took place nine months earlier and that Page owned the company so spinning a line that he would be sacked then there is every chance that Page is really an FBI employee I suppose.

Still it's good that Donny did due diligence when vetting his foreign advisors.

Bit more than a postcard but it's up to you if you think you should get off the plate I suppose.
    Is that your final answer? I'm wondering if the OIG report will reveal the details, but I can't see who else UCE-1 might be. If the anti-Trumpers were playing dirty, then Page is your man.

Is that your final answer? I'm wondering if the OIG report will reveal the details, but I can't see who else UCE-1 might be. If the anti-Trumpers were playing dirty, then Page is your man.
    So your theory is that (setting aside the timeline and different Russian spy discrepancies highlighted above) that Page (UCE-1) was an FBI operative/informant before April 2012 who was instrumental in bringing three Russian spies to book. He planted FBI surveillance devices in documents he shared where intelligence was gathered, including the taped conversation by the Russian spy calling him an idiot. To create a false trail Page was then interviewed by the FBI in June 2013 and a summary of that interview presented into court.

He then goes to ground for two years waiting for Donald Trump to announce his candidacy for President. Six months later he volunteers as a foreign policy advisor (but secretly an FBI mole) where he serves the campaign until September 2016 when he leaves after press stories of his more recent contacts with Russia surface.

Then a month after he is no longer any use to the FBI as his links to Trump have been severed they go through the onerous routine of obtaining a FISA warrant to place him under electronic surveillance (why they can't just use the bugs he has presumably been carrying around for them for four years is a mystery) which they then renewed three times more. Presumably to again to lay a false trail that he really is one of their people. All the different FBI and DoJ people presenting the warrants are in cahoots in this cover up.

How Lardy thinks you have a credibility issue is beyond me!

So your theory is that (setting aside the timeline and different Russian spy discrepancies highlighted above) that Page (UCE-1) was an FBI operative/informant before April 2012 who was instrumental in bringing three Russian spies to book. He planted FBI surveillance devices in documents he shared where intelligence was gathered, including the taped conversation by the Russian spy calling him an idiot. To create a false trail Page was then interviewed by the FBI in June 2013 and a summary of that interview presented into court.

He then goes to ground for two years waiting for Donald Trump to announce his candidacy for President. Six months later he volunteers as a foreign policy advisor (but secretly an FBI mole) where he serves the campaign until September 2016 when he leaves after press stories of his more recent contacts with Russia surface.

Then a month after he is no longer any use to the FBI as his links to Trump have been severed they go through the onerous routine of obtaining a FISA warrant to place him under electronic surveillance (why they can't just use the bugs he has presumably been carrying around for them for four years is a mystery) which they then renewed three times more. Presumably to again to lay a false trail that he really is one of their people. All the different FBI and DoJ people presenting the warrants are in cahoots in this cover up.

How Lardy thinks you have a credibility issue is beyond me!
    I told you it would make a good movie, but what if it is true? It would be mind blowing would it not

Bump

Bump
    You are going to look a right tw@t if Page turns out to be UCE-1

You are going to look a right tw@t if Page turns out to be UCE-1
    Works both ways, my gullible friend.

Works both ways, my gullible friend.
    It could because world exclusive, posted here first

It could because world exclusive, posted here first
    Well posted here first.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...urt-hes-a-spy/

Then excepts breathlessly pasted here without seemingly reading any of the underpinning evidence or critical review a little later.

Well posted here first.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...urt-hes-a-spy/

Then excepts breathlessly pasted here without seemingly reading any of the underpinning evidence or critical review a little later.
    Read my comment to lardy @1.30pm. The article you mention was posted 13 hours later!