+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: They'll always find a way..................................

Re: They'll always find a way..................................

I've just tried to buy a second Man City ticket and the per-ticket fee for me is still only £1!

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    4 tickets. 4 charges. 1 address 1 envelope.

You're an idiot. Claimed to be able to get onbthe club website efficiently and each time with no bother and questioned people on here...yet one look on Twitter and it was clear MANY were having the same issue..but perfect old you could just log on at will

You're quite a $hit troll tbf.
    Why the abuse ?. I told the truth about my experience of the online service and you obviously don't like it. I have never had any problem buying tickets online. Other people have had the same good experience as well if you bothered to read the posts on the subject. As to me being an idiot - I'll take that as a compliment coming from someone like you.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Why the abuse ?. I told the truth about my experience of the online service and you obviously don't like it. I have never had any problem buying tickets online. Other people have had the same good experience as well if you bothered to read the posts on the subject. As to me being an idiot - I'll take that as a compliment coming from someone like you.
    Because your attitude towards others having problems, as if you were above everyone cos your browser worked for you...

Because your attitude towards others having problems, as if you were above everyone cos your browser worked for you...
    If that is how you interpreted my post then I feel sorry for you. I was just sharing my experience of buying tickets for balance and not commenting on any particular post. I did state that my post did not apply to anyone who had problems with the systems but that was ignored. There are two sides to every argument and it is rare that anything positive ever gets shared on here.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    If that is how you interpreted my post then I feel sorry for you. I was just sharing my experience of buying tickets for balance and not commenting on any particular post. I did state that my post did not apply to anyone who had problems with the systems but that was ignored. There are two sides to every argument and it is rare that anything positive ever gets shared on here.
    Your habit of slavishly toeing the club line can be an admirable one under some circumstances, but, generally speaking, your contributions on here show a complete disregard for the fact that there are two sides to every argument as you seem to regard anyone who posts anything even mildly critical of team, manager or club as being guilty of some form of treason!

Also, just to clarify my position on admin and per ticket fees. I regard the prices being charged for Man City tickets as being perfectly reasonable even with the add ons, I also feel the prices generally charged for recent Cup ties are not only reasonable, they are cheap and, furthermore, the club never charge an admission price for Development team games even though a few of the sides they play at this level every season do so. Therefore, the club are due praise I believe for their general attitude towards pricing (there are other reasons why I believe this as well).

However, in this instance, I feel some of what they have done deserves criticism. I say that as someone who is annoyed by the whole concept of "hidden fees" and, having checked the piece on the club website about ticketing for the Cup tie again,

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...t-information/

there is no mention of admin or per match fees as the prices quoted are pre add on figures.

As a season ticket holder, I've no idea as to whether admin, per match or any other add on fees are charged for Championship fixtures, but, as someone who has purchased tickets for our three other home Cup ties this season, I'm 99% certain that all I paid for those matches was the advertised price - there was no mention of per match and admin fees etc. Therefore, to those who have justified or defended the club's actions, I ask why do these additional charges only pop up when we play Man City and not Portsmouth, Burton or Mansfield?

I agree entirely with Ken Smith's views above - just add a couple of quid on to the ticket prices quoted in that article on the club website and I'm sure everyone would have been happy to pay it, I certainly would have been.

I was buying tickets on my card for hime games until I got my half ST and I've always had these charges Bob, think even for the ore season game I took my nephew and daughter to.

I was buying tickets on my card for hime games until I got my half ST and I've always had these charges Bob, think even for the ore season game I took my nephew and daughter to.
    You need to put a new ribbon on your typewriter, your Oand P are not working properly

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    You need to put a new ribbon on your typewriter, your Oand P are not working properly
    I'm too lazy to check once I've typed on my phone. It's also got a nasty habit of doing little ghost auto corrects when I least suspect.

Could write "in" 100 times in a row and it will still switch it to "on" Every. Single. Time.

Intelligent phones my arse.

I buy individual match tickets as soon don’t have an ST and there is a £1 per ticket booking fee

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I buy individual match tickets as soon don’t have an ST and there is a £1 per ticket booking fee
    Cash is KING

I've just checked old purchases and the admin and per-ticket fee has been present for cup games for years although the admin fee doubled at the start of the 2015/16 season to £1 as it used to be 50p.

I also just tried to buy a Bolton ticket and the same fees apply for league games.

City season tickets and Wales Tournament tickets only contain the 1 added fee, season reactivation and booking fee respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    I've just checked old purchases and the admin and per-ticket fee has been present for cup games for years although the admin fee doubled at the start of the 2015/16 season to £1 as it used to be 50p.

I also just tried to buy a Bolton ticket and the same fees apply for league games.

City season tickets and Wales Tournament tickets only contain the 1 added fee, season reactivation and booking fee respectively.
    I paid the £6 which appears on this piece for the Mansfield home game.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...ces-confirmed/

It is bad, as are ridiculously high ticket prices. But, while people keep paying, they'll keep charging.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    It is bad, as are ridiculously high ticket prices. But, while people keep paying, they'll keep charging.
    Not to be argumentative, but I've bought 4 tickets at a cost of 47 quid. That's under 12 quid per person to watch us play man city?