+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: They'll always find a way..................................

They'll always find a way..................................

Just paid an extra £2 each for three Man City tickets on e ticketing despite this new legislation, which came into force last week, are those who have gone to the ticket office and paid cash being charged it as well?

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/ne...-from-saturday

Re: They'll always find a way..................................

Problem with badly worded legislation is companies just change it to a 'per ticket fee' or 'admin' charge.
    https://www.theguardian.com/business...f-by-customers

I got charged £24 each for mine which is face value with no fees and they are posting them!

I know what you mean. I bought 4 tickets (on e-ticketing) - got charged £1 each for a 'Per ticket fee' whatever that means and another £1 for 'admin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Tone View Post
    I got charged £24 each for mine which is face value with no fees and they are posting them!
    Is that because you paid cash at the ticket office? (although surely not, if they're posting them)

Jacks are now applying booking fees to cash payments in their ticket office, as a result in the changes.

As I understand it, it's ticketmaster's cut, for running the eticketing site - pathetic though.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Just paid an extra £2 each for three Man City tickets on e ticketing despite this new legislation, which came into force last week, are those who have gone to the ticket office and paid cash being charged it as well?

Got mine on-line today as usual as do not live locally. The additional charges £1 per ticket and £1 admin have not changed compared with the charges made for all the other tickets I have bought on line this season.

Just paid the ticket face value with credit card at the ticket office. A two and a quarter hour queue and for those planning to come down the queue is now 30/40% longer!

I know we moan about fees (and I paid £7 on top of the ticket price for my online booking) but it took 10 mins and I was having a nice cuppa at the same time.

Saved me hours worth of hassle, cold and queuing.

If City didnt have an e-ticketing system, we would all have to queue at the ground or buy on the phone. I remember from Ninian Park days what a pain that was - queuing for hours all the way around the back of the bob bank. It is much easier to buy online and the tickets usually arrive a few days later in the post. Quite happy therefore to pay a £2 fee per ticket for the convienience and certainty of knowing you actually have a ticket. We cant expect a service like this to be free.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    I know we moan about fees (and I paid £7 on top of the ticket price for my online booking) but it took 10 mins and I was having a nice cuppa at the same time.

Saved me hours worth of hassle, cold and queuing.

REAL football fans look forward to queueing

just got 2 tickets for me and my 20 yr old son and even with the charges on top is still cheaper than leeds away for 1 ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    If City didnt have an e-ticketing system, we would all have to queue at the ground or buy on the phone. I remember from Ninian Park days what a pain that was - queuing for hours all the way around the back of the bob bank. It is much easier to buy online and the tickets usually arrive a few days later in the post. Quite happy therefore to pay a £2 fee per ticket for the convienience and certainty of knowing you actually have a ticket. We cant expect a service like this to be free.
    You mean the service whereby I was being told to buy a ticket for another game because I wasn't eligible for a Man City one? I wonder how much the "per ticket fee" and admin charge would be if the system worked properly?

"Booking fee" has crept into everything in the last few years, whether buying online or over the phone. It stinks but has become the norm.

What does bug me is this "admin fee" nonsence. Like back in the day printing and sending tickets cost nothing!

Got my tickets over the phone, took a couple of minutes checking fan numbers etc but very quick, and got charged £3.50 above the ticket price for booking and admin fees!

Ive never understood why they don't just add a pound to the ticket price. No one would bat an eyelid then.

As long as I have been buying tickets from City online or by phone (at least 10 years), there has been an admin charge per ticket which includes posting them out by recorded delivery. Dont know why such a fuss is being made about this now, except in cases where the system isnt operating correctly of course. They are however selling over 30000 tickets in the space of a few days, so my sympathies are with the staff who have to deal with all this, especially the abuse from people who are not entitled to a ticket but go online, phone or call at the ground anyway.

Bought 2 sets of adult/kid in the family stand.
    1st time on my fan ID £20...plus charges =£24.

Second time on another ID for the same thing I was charged £23.

Not that I'm at all bothered as £47 for 4 tickets is great value..but why different prices!!

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    As long as I have been buying tickets from City online or by phone (at least 10 years), there has been an admin charge per ticket which includes posting them out by recorded delivery. Dont know why such a fuss is being made about this now, except in cases where the system isnt operating correctly of course. They are however selling over 30000 tickets in the space of a few days, so my sympathies are with the staff who have to deal with all this, especially the abuse from people who are not entitled to a ticket but go online, phone or call at the ground anyway.
    4 tickets. 4 charges. 1 address 1 envelope.

You're an idiot. Claimed to be able to get onbthe club website efficiently and each time with no bother and questioned people on here...yet one look on Twitter and it was clear MANY were having the same issue..but perfect old you could just log on at will

You're quite a $hit troll tbf.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Bought 2 sets of adult/kid in the family stand.
    1st time on my fan ID £20...plus charges =£24.

Second time on another ID for the same thing I was charged £23.

Not that I'm at all bothered as £47 for 4 tickets is great value..but why different prices!!
    Maybe they've only charged you postage the first time and you'll get all 4 tickets through the post in the same envelope?

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    Maybe they've only charged you postage the first time and you'll get all 4 tickets through the post in the same envelope?
    Logical. Didn't think their system would be up to that mind...

60 calls and still not made a queue yet.

I remember the queues snaking around Ninian Park when we drew Man City in the cup back in the mid nineties. I'd rather pay the £2 charges than go through that again.

But the point is, why should we pay £2 extra per ticket and then a £1 fee on top too? If you buy two, surely it's the same in time, effort and postage as it is to buy one.

I was charged £1 per-ticket fee which i believe is ticketmaster's cut for running the website and £1 admin fee which covers the cost of printing and posting the ticket. I don't believe the club have ever charged a surcharge for paying by card which is why the additonal fees haven't changed following the ban on credit card surcharges.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

It cost me £6 for my family’s tickets

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    I was charged £1 per-ticket fee which i believe is ticketmaster's cut for running the website and £1 admin fee which covers the cost of printing and posting the ticket. I don't believe the club have ever charged a surcharge for paying by card which is why the additonal fees haven't changed following the ban on credit card surcharges.
    £2 per ticket I was charged