+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Warnock talking about Grujic

Warnock talking about Grujic

Quotes from this mornings press conference.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...mours-14175045

“I just call him Marko! He’s in the squad, we’ll have a look at him but he’s not had a game since playing for Serbia in November. Liverpool are very thorough with their fitness so he had a good session yesterday we’ll have a look today. A lot depends on Ralls. If he’s not available he’ll definitely start.
    I was after two players, the other one didn’t convince me he wanted to come. As soon as I spoke to Marko it was obvious he wanted to play, it wasn’t until later on I was told two or three other clubs wanted to speak to him, but I think he’s a lad of his word and we got on very well from the first conversation. He was as good as his word. I had my fingers crossed the morning he was meant to arrive. Jurgen wants him to play games and I think some other clubs have so many midfield players that he probably wouldn’t get many games.”

Financially we get punished if he doesn’t play, but it’s a really good deal for both parties, because I want to play him, I’m not signing him to make the numbers up. He’s a good lad, and a good player. All of our scouts have recommended him - that’s six or seven people. You get a feeling about players, as soon as I spoke to him I thought he’ll do for me. And I think we’ll do good for him. It’s the World Cup this summer, he’s got ambition for that so it can be good for him.”

They want him to play, they think he has more opportunity to do that with us and he has. We won’t get punished if he gets injured or anything like that. But there’s 19 games and hopefully he’ll play them in all. The lad’s not played two or three games a week for years, and the Championship being what it is they will allow him giving him a rest. We get punished if he plays 50%, 60% or 70% so I think it’s a good deal. It’s a good thing. A lot of clubs take players from the Premier League and don’t play them. I want them to go and play/ Same as me sending someone out, if they make up the numbers it’s pointless. We’ll have to look at penalising clubs if they don’t play them for a percentage of games.”

There’s 19 games left, I think if he plays in 14 there’s no penalty, something like that. He’s eligible for the FA Cup. He’ll definitely play in that one! The chances are he’ll only play in one FA Cup.”

Re: Warnock talking about Grujic

Sounds like Grabban isnt coming

Typical NW honesty. Sounds like a good deal, unless he's a total bust and we're punished for not playing him because of that. Going off another thread, I wonder if Forshaw is the other player he refers to, having has his head turned by the mighty Leeds?

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    Sounds like Grabban isnt coming
    I think he is, Warnock was referring to Forshaw I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    I think he is, Warnock was referring to Forshaw I believe.
    Looks like City bid £3m for Forshaw

"That was for a midfield player. He’s gone to Leeds now.” said Warnock