+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ward out for the season

Ward out for the season

Warnock looking to get another striker in as Ward’s injury looks to have ruled him out for the season.

I’d like to sign another one, a striker, I think we’re a bit thin with Danny Ward being out all season. We’re progressing, there’s four or five names been mentioned. We’re trying to get one in before the end of the window. I’m disappointed in some respects that we’re still in the cup a little bit because of numbers but I’m glad in a way because the Bolton game is rescheduled and it gives us a chance to get some players back and hopefully we can push on again.”

Kadeem Harris is progressing though

“Let me touch some wood first. He’s been brilliant, he’s looked on fire, every time he has a tackle I wince. It was so innocuous last time when Sol stuck those octopus legs around him and he had the setback. If not this week, he’ll definitely come into consideration for the cup. I’m loathe to play some of the pros in the Under-23s because the pitches are not great at the moment. Next week when we’ve got no midweek game, I’ll probably do 30 minutes each way and I’ll referee it.”

Re: Ward out for the season

That is a big loss. I thought he was doing well before the injury, got lots of menacing pace.
    Spedger

I take it not many people are that concerned by him being out for the season

That is a shame , Healey should really step up to at spot surely ,other wise why is he with us ,and Harris is not far away perhaps ?