+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keep Pilks offload Tomlin ?

Keep Pilks offload Tomlin ?

would be better off keeping hold of Pilkington and trying to offload Tomlin for the rest of this season ? Warnock seems happy with the way Piks has been training and playing when he's been given a chance. He's also said that he doesn't see Tomlin as a midfielder, more of an attacker. I like Tomlin as a player, his brief cameos for us, he's made things happen. Its just that he doesn't seem part of our plans.

Re: Keep Pilks offload Tomlin ?

I also believe he is a destructive influence on team spirit and the sooner he is gone the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    would be better off keeping hold of Pilkington and trying to offload Tomlin for the rest of this season ? Warnock seems happy with the way Piks has been training and playing when he's been given a chance. He's also said that he doesn't see Tomlin as a midfielder, more of an attacker. I like Tomlin as a player, his brief cameos for us, he's made things happen. Its just that he doesn't seem part of our plans.
    On recent performances you'd have to really.

I like pilks Anyway, also was hopeful of Tomlin having an impact, but it looks like that will never happen.

This Grujic can get forward by all accounts (as well as defend) so with him and Ralls, there could be a way to push Tomlin in behind the striker, but I reckon Hoilett can play there as well as Pilks so I'd probably shift Tomlin.

I'd definitely keep Pilkington. Tomlin is unprofessional. He earns a fortune and has fitness issues (who eat all the pies?) I'd have a clause in players contracts expecting basic fitness levels.
    Offload him.

yep Pilk's is good championship type footballer, all rounded skills , hard worker , can finish , strong , fits Warnocks favoured tall army , ex Man U youth product , played International football ,if we invest in him, we would have a very good squad player ,who can play in a number of positions, oh yes he destroyed the brizzies

We’ve seen glimpses of quality but not enough to warrant being near the first team on a regular basis.
    Time to go.
    He was a risk worth taking, it hasn’t paid off.

Bit early to be giving up on Tomlin just yet. He's got ability, it's up to Warnock to get the best out of him.
    So far we have really struggled against teams who have sat back against us - Derby, Birmingham - Preston twice.
    If we are going to unlock teams who don't commit too many players forward then we need to get the best out of guys like that

If we get 1 more in there will be offloads. Can see Tomlin going.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Bit early to be giving up on Tomlin just yet. He's got ability, it's up to Warnock to get the best out of him.
    So far we have really struggled against teams who have sat back against us - Derby, Birmingham - Preston twice.
    If we are going to unlock teams who don't commit too many players forward then we need to get the best out of guys like that
    Very true. He’s exactly the type of player who can unlock defences. It just seems an expensive luxury at the moment. I don’t think many would take him to be honest. Hopefully Warnock will work some magic and get some games out of him. Even if it is for 25 mins. Although bringing him on would suggest we would need a goal , so in that case I’d rather we didn’t see him !

Dear Mr Tomlin , We have reached January the 18th now.

Please let us know when you feel you will be really fit enough to
    make a consistent contribution to the 2017 - 2018 campaign.

The club has stood by you during your criminal problems and paid
    your wages.

Can we now expect you to pay back this support by getting fit
    and making a regular contribution on the pitch ?

Sent with hope but little expectation ,

A season ticket holder.

Pilks has proved he is worth his place. Its his wages that are the problem.Tomlin does have talent but if he fails to get fit sorry he has to go.Pity but if he is not careful the season will have passed him by and he would have hardly kicked a ball.What a waste.
    On the other hand Pilks has kept working and got on with things until in the end he has pushed himself into the match day squad by sheer determination.Only one choice for me.

Well said from another st holder

I reckon we are trying to get rid of both. Pilkington because of big wages (due to OGS), and Tomlin because he rarely plays. Those saved wages could bring in 3 players probably. Maybe we have to unload those before we can balance the kitty with a move for Grabban?

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    I'd definitely keep Pilkington. Tomlin is unprofessional. He earns a fortune and has fitness issues (who eat all the pies?) I'd have a clause in players contracts expecting basic fitness levels.
    Offload him.
    Don't question his fitness! People on here will get upset.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Don't question his fitness! People on here will get upset.

Yeah, he doesn't need to be fit. Who wants him running around? No, he needs to use his talent like Le Tiss and stand in a 5m area.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    I reckon we are trying to get rid of both. Pilkington because of big wages (due to OGS), and Tomlin because he rarely plays. Those saved wages could bring in 3 players probably. Maybe we have to unload those before we can balance the kitty with a move for Grabban?
    What makes you think we are trying to get rid of Tomlin ?. Have you spoken to NW or anyone on the board. He's not fully fit because he missed most of pre season due being signed late and then injuries and then missed further work because of his court case. They have been trying to get him fit between matches.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    What makes you think we are trying to get rid of Tomlin ?. Have you spoken to NW or anyone on the board. He's not fully fit because he missed most of pre season due being signed late and then injuries and then missed further work because of his court case. They have been trying to get him fit between matches.
    So he didn't have any pre-season with Wurzels. Just sat on his arse eating rather than working on fitness. It's now mid January, there's zero excuse for not being fit.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Yeah, he doesn't need to be fit. Who wants him running around? No, he needs to use his talent like Le Tiss and stand in a 5m area.
    Gunnar is nailed on for a place in the Iceland squad even if he doesn't play this year according to some on here..too scared to play for us incase it means he can't play at the WC

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    That's a poor excuse. I like Tomlin and hoped to see him on fire he excited me..but Hoilett came to us a free agent last year...

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Gunnar is nailed on for a place in the Iceland squad even if he doesn't play this year according to some on here..too scared to play for us incase it means he can't play at the WC
    Who said "too scared"? Want to stop putting words into people's mouths.

Remember Ledley played in the Euros with that quick recovery from broken leg? He'll be in the Icelandic squad unless injured... only an idiot would think otherwise.

No brainier for me. Keep the fat lad. He scored/created about twenty goals (Posh😡) against us. Absolutely nailed on to haunt us again if offloaded.

Brainer😋

You are following the wrong sport, 5000 meters or horse racing is more your thing. Trust me

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Menken View Post
    Brainer😋
    And certainly no brainier from you either!

Tomlin has never been a player to run around the pitch, this isnt a new thing