+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Out of curiosity, has anyone actually got as far as a queue while phoning the club? I just get the "thanks for calling lines are busy"

Out of curiosity, has anyone actually got as far as a queue while phoning the club? I just get the "thanks for calling lines are busy"

Automated message every time.

About 4 times out of 60 I've heard a long recorded message..get my hopes up..then BAMMM "were sorry but the lines are busy..." and it hangs up.

Surely there aren't that many people calling that I can't even make the queue

Re: Out of curiosity, has anyone actually got as far as a queue while phoning the club? I just get the "thanks for calling lines are busy"

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post

About 4 times out of 60 I've heard a long recorded message..get my hopes up..then BAMMM "were sorry but the lines are busy..." and it hangs up.

Could be the ticket office is prioritising people queuing up for tickets. Therefore less chance of getting through by phone. Book online?

Re: Out of curiosity, has anyone actually got as far as a queue while phoning the club? I just get the "thanks for calling lines are busy"

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post

Had it happen everytime the other day and then worked out how to fix my online account.
    There’s another number you can ring, try this number 02920 643600‬

Yes no.25 to no.3 then cut off. Grrrrrr

I went in at 25 and 48 minutes later got to number1.

Then I was told I was next to be served and waited another 15 minutes with music
    playing on a loop before a salesman answered. Tickets bought.

This was Wednesday morning into lunchtime.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    I went in at 25 and 48 minutes later got to number1.

Then I was told I was next to be served and waited another 15 minutes with music
    playing on a loop before a salesman answered. Tickets bought.

This was Wednesday morning into lunchtime.
    I waited for around 30 minutes after I got to number 1 then gave up. I had waited 40 minutes to get to number 1 before that.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Could be the ticket office is prioritising people queuing up for tickets. Therefore less chance of getting through by phone. Book online?
    Got my tickets. Told my daughter she was going to be 3 seats away from me (so right behind the other 2 I've bought for my nephew/sister) and she's gone into full panic mode.

I've told her on the day she can just sit next to me and nobody will bat an eye....she's had a full blown meltdown.

Oh the joys.

So now I'm wasting my own time and I've helped congest already congested lines..

She's had it anyway I gave up and decided to sleep after my night shift..like normal people do.

Although my reason for calling is pretty stupid... I'm just curious that I've not been able to even reach a queue.. either the "lines are busy" or I get a pre recorded message think I'm going into a queue and then get cut off...

I'd happily of sat in a queue for 2 hours weds if it meant no headache the rest of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Had it happen everytime the other day and then worked out how to fix my online account.
    Thanks. Had a little nap after being nights..I'm guessing I'm too late now anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Straight into an actual queue. Thank you very much!!

Through to a queue straight away. Call answered in 2 minutes and the girl on the end had daughter's tickets swapped in seconds.

Explained my predicament of not getting through all week, said I'd come through on an 02920 number, was told they were prioratising calls off the 0845 number and it said on the system that's how I'd got through...