We queued for three & half hours yesterday & got our tickets and +1s. Two of our mates, not season ticket holders but eligible through attending the Mansfield game( as well as every league game) have just texted that they’ve got tickets this morning so are ok and won’t need our +1s. Here’s the rub, our wives have hinted at having our spares, ok they never go but in their favour they drop us to home games, buy our grub & cans for away games, drive us at ungodly hours of the morning to away game coach pick up points, turn a blind eye when we roll in at all hours full of the drink after every match. They always keep us up to date with various City clothing & bits & pieces. Not to mention looking after the kids when they were small when even though we’d been to work all week we still buggered off to Rochdale, Darlington, Colchester etc, leaving them to run the home on a weekend as well.
Would never want my missus to become a regular fan, I love my independence at football too much, but I’m prepared to cave in on this one. Even though I’m depriving a genuine fan. Right or wrong? I’ll leave this with the CCMB jury.