+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What’s The Views On This?

What’s The Views On This?

We queued for three & half hours yesterday & got our tickets and +1s. Two of our mates, not season ticket holders but eligible through attending the Mansfield game( as well as every league game) have just texted that they’ve got tickets this morning so are ok and won’t need our +1s. Here’s the rub, our wives have hinted at having our spares, ok they never go but in their favour they drop us to home games, buy our grub & cans for away games, drive us at ungodly hours of the morning to away game coach pick up points, turn a blind eye when we roll in at all hours full of the drink after every match. They always keep us up to date with various City clothing & bits & pieces. Not to mention looking after the kids when they were small when even though we’d been to work all week we still buggered off to Rochdale, Darlington, Colchester etc, leaving them to run the home on a weekend as well.
    Would never want my missus to become a regular fan, I love my independence at football too much, but I’m prepared to cave in on this one. Even though I’m depriving a genuine fan. Right or wrong? I’ll leave this with the CCMB jury.

Re: What’s The Views On This?

Tread carefully, as they might wanna accompany you to the BOROUGH, for your regular Sunday Karaoke

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    We queued for three & half hours yesterday & got our tickets and +1s. Two of our mates, not season ticket holders but eligible through attending the Mansfield game( as well as every league game) have just texted that they’ve got tickets this morning so are ok and won’t need our +1s. Here’s the rub, our wives have hinted at having our spares, ok they never go but in their favour they drop us to home games, buy our grub & cans for away games, drive us at ungodly hours of the morning to away game coach pick up points, turn a blind eye when we roll in at all hours full of the drink after every match. They always keep us up to date with various City clothing & bits & pieces. Not to mention looking after the kids when they were small when even though we’d been to work all week we still buggered off to Rochdale, Darlington, Colchester etc, leaving them to run the home on a weekend as well.
    Would never want my missus to become a regular fan, I love my independence at football too much, but I’m prepared to cave in on this one. Even though I’m depriving a genuine fan. Right or wrong? I’ll leave this with the CCMB jury.
    Just invite them for God's sake. It's an occasion as well as match - and it'll earn you brownie points.

Indeed my mother in law is coming as well. (Nightmare) but thanfully her seat is 6 blocks from mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Just invite them for God's sake. It's an occasion as well as match - and it'll earn you brownie points.
    You haven't seen the amount they drink

Remember Steve, "your name is on the ticket, when they get kicked out"

The club can't fill their ground on a normal day, so I suspect every "genuine" fan will get a ticket. So, what's the moral dilemma? I took a mate to a big cup tie - his first ever Cardiff game. He still goes many years later. It's matches like this that give many their first chance to see a game. Give them the tickets, make a day of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Indeed my mother in law is coming as well. (Nightmare) but thanfully her seat is 6 blocks from mine.
    Don’t worry, you’ll still feel the glare burning through your body if you so much as join in with any chants with swear words in.

Look at the positives, you've someone to queue for a drink and bite to eat.

He doesn't want his wife to become a regular

(Was supposed to quote Shirt's post)

I would give them the tickets. That's a tremendous list of sacrifices that they make for your football viewing pleasure. Good to give something back and earn credible brownie points as noted.

Maybe explain that it's not always good if they are enjoying it too much so they don't get 'mission creep' and start musing about attending more regularly. Unless you want them to of course.

Take the ladies. They are using a seat that is in effect is empty every week.

I must add that they are sitting nowhere near us!!!!!!!

I must add that they are sitting nowhere near us!!!!!!!

That swings it. Just hope we don't win and they get the bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post

That swings it. Just hope we don't win and they get the bug.
    Frig that, they know bugger all about football, we’ll tell ‘em its two legged and we got beat 6-0 last week in the first leg😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    You haven't seen the amount they drink

Remember Steve, "your name is on the ticket, when they get kicked out"
    Oh shite!!!!!!

Don't do it. A mate took his wife , she liked it and she decided to go every week. Ruined his days out with the lads, he went from major drinking sessions and laughter to sitting quietly listening to drivel about casseroles, moisturiser and fecking marks and sparks sales.

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    Don't do it. A mate took his wife , she liked it and she decided to go every week. Ruined his days out with the lads, he went from major drinking sessions and laughter to sitting quietly listening to drivel about casseroles, moisturiser and fecking marks and sparks sales.
    That’s what we discuss Ian😜

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post

That’s what we discuss Ian��

I bought three tickets for the Blackpool play-off final. My daughter entered a Coca-Cola competition in the Leicester semi programme and won two Club Wembley tickets and a package that included a behind the scenes tour of Wembley, dressing rooms, walk around the pitch, dressing room tour and presentation of match-ball to the referee. If we had won the would have joined the players on the pitch after the game.

Good prize that she and my son took up. This meant I had two spares. The missus has no real interest in football but wanted to see the kids have their experience. We gave the other to a friend's son. First half spent explaining what had just happened mainly although she cheered much longer than anyone else around us for the disallowed goal just before half time. The worst bit was the trudge back home where she was so enthusiastic about the day and was pumping my disconsolate kids for details of their experience when all they wanted to do was sulk in a corner as she had no appreciation of the impact of what had happened.

In fairness she has never been, nor asked to go to, a City game again. She did come to Serbia with me though a few lobbed fire crackers landing around us may have cured her forever! I am sure you will have a good day out.