+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: FT: SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY 0 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

FT: SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY 0 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Bluebirds in action at 5:30pm and live on Sky TV

More...

Sheffield Wednesday could hand a debut to new signing Joey Pelupessy against Cardiff.

The Dutchman joined from Heracles on Thursday for an undisclosed fee and goes straight into Jos Luhukay's squad. Luhukay has no new injury worries and is likely to choose from a similar squad, but none of his players on a long list of absentees are ready to return.

C:WindowsTempphpD9A1.tmp

Goalkeeper Keiren Westwood, Tom Lees, Fernado Forestieri, Gary Hooper, Barry Bannan, Jack Hunt, Sam Hutchinson and Steven Fletcher all remain sidelined.

Serbia midfielder Marko Grujic is in line for a Cardiff debut following his loan switch from Liverpool. Grujic is set to replace Joe Ralls who picked up a knock in the midweek FA Cup win at Mansfield.

Lee Tomlin will also miss out after being sent for a scan on a knee injury. Aron Gunnarsson, Craig Bryson, Lee Peltier, Matthew Connolly and Danny Ward, with the latter unlikely to play again this season because of knee damage.

Opta Stats

• Sheffield Wednesday have lost one of their last eight league matches at Hillsborough against Cardiff (W5 D2).

• Cardiff have collected four points from a possible 18 in their last six league games against the Owls (P6 W0 D4 L2).

• The Owls have fired blanks in each of their last three Championship games; they last went on a longer barren run in December 2009 (six successive games without a goal).

• Cardiff ended a four-game losing streak last time out with their 4-0 win over Sunderland, although the Bluebirds have lost two successive games on the road, last winning in November.

• Wednesday's Gary Hooper has scored 10 goals so far in the Championship this season; six more than any other player for the club. However, he has failed to net in his last four.

• Callum Paterson netted his first English league brace last time out, with the Scot scoring three in his last four after scoring just once in his first 10.

Match officials

Referee: ROGER EAST
    Assistants: Mark Scholes and Derek Eaton
    Fourth Official: David Webb

Re: Sheff Weds v Cardiff City. Match thread

Roger East, the referee today, was the man who gave the Watford handball goal last weekend

Kadeem back in the squad today.

Anyone got the squad

Quote Originally Posted by Baker View Post
    Anyone got the squad
    Team in 7 mins.

Grujic and Ralls In.

Grujic and Wildschut start. Ralls also starts. NM-L and Kadeem Harris on the bench

Decent looking team, good to see Grujic given a start. Still feel like NW is starting his team selection by accommodating the 3 centre backs....either by playing 5 at the back, Manga at right back or with Bamba as a defensive midfielder. I like all 3 so it's not an easy job, but I think it's harsh on Paterson.

On another note, good to see Kadeem back in the squad.

Sheff Weds v Cardiff. Team line ups

C:WindowsTempphp98A.tmp

C:WindowsTempphp3FE6.tmp

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    Decent looking team, good to see Grujic given a start. Still feel like NW is starting his team selection by accommodating the 3 centre backs....either by playing 5 at the back, Manga at right back or with Bamba as a defensive midfielder. I like all 3 so it's not an easy job, but I think it's harsh on Paterson.

On another note, good to see Kadeem back in the squad.
    Has to play 14(?) games, I think, or Liverpool will clobber us (financially).

Strong line up and bench

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    There is a bit of slack in that agreement. Don't think he has to start every game. Just thought he may have been eased in off the bench today, and started against Man City.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    14 out of 19 (?)

Also said they appreciate he needs a rest now and again and injuries don't go against us.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    14 out of 19 (?)

Also said they appreciate he needs a rest now and again and injuries don't go against us.
    Exactly what I was getting at, especially after Warnock seemed to suggest he'd start if Ralls didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    14 out of 19 (?)

So if we hear that they have sent him out golfing with Bellamy, we will know he isn't in NW's plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    There is a bit of slack in that agreement. Don't think he has to start every game. Just thought he may have been eased in off the bench today, and started against Man City.
    I think he'll play for an hour personally.

According to Kevin Ratcliffe on Radio Wales we have a new midfielder.......Vizic!!!

Christ Grujic is booked already 🙈

That flaming racket they are making. Reminds me of the local village carnival. The further away and quieter it got the better.

How the **** is that a foul!

Quote Originally Posted by bluethrough View Post
    So if we hear that they have sent him out golfing with Bellamy, we will know he isn't in NW's plans.

Not a lot wrong with that effort from Zohore then. 50/50 challenge.

Not dis-similar from Firminho's challenge and goal v Man City last weekend.

What a strike from Zohore. Never a foul either

Perfectly good goal that.