Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
My honest opinion is that he found a rich bit of form that he won't ever replicate. I will probably be proven wrong, I don't see any Cardiff games these days so it is unfair for me to comment purely on the stats you supplied. Maybe he brings more to the team than your stats indicate. Problem is, with a striker who has banged in goals, a manager will have to give the benefit of the doubt because he may start scoring again and, if he's dropped and your team stops scoring fans will ask why he isn't playing.
This 100%. I suppose it's how long does this last. There has to be a cut off point.

Looking at other stats during Zohore's absence and his return, we've managed less shots on target since Zohore came back than when he was injured. Take the Sunderland free-for-all out of the equation and we managed 1.5 shots on target per game more when Zohore was injured than when he's played.

Looking at it statistically, it appears that Zohore isn't a natural goalscorer, despite last season's efforts. He probably needs a strike partner who can feed from his efforts, not wide midfielders trying to plug many gaps.