+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Silva sacked at Watford.

Silva sacked at Watford.

They're saying it's all Everton's fault - hope they go down myself because I don't like what they've become under their current owners.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42765881

Re: Silva sacked at Watford.

Fecking crazy.
    This is a worse decision than Bham & Gary Rowett.
    Punching above their weight early doors and believing all the hype.

Shocking don't think he'll find it hard to get another job though

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Shocking don't think he'll find it hard to get another job though
    SOUTHAMTON after 6pm today.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    They're saying it's all Everton's fault - hope they go down myself because I don't like what they've become under their current owners.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42765881
    Why? They've been spot on imo.

Silva joined Watford in May having taken Hull down. The whole Everton thing came along, clearly wanted that gig six months after joining Watford. Yeah, take a job tell boss in six months time "sorry mate, want to go to a better job" when you've signed a two year deal. I'm sure your boss will be absolutely delighted for you right?

Results and form have gone to shit, Silva clearly wanted out, lost dressing room.

The fact Watford fans agree with the sacking is telling.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post

Silva joined Watford in May having taken Hull down. The whole Everton thing came along, clearly wanted that gig six months after joining Watford. Yeah, take a job tell boss in six months time "sorry mate, want to go to a better job" when you've signed a two year deal. I'm sure your boss will be absolutely delighted for you right?

Results and form have gone to shit, Silva clearly wanted out, lost dressing room.

I agree - Silva was doing a great job but things have taken a downturn since the Everton approach. It may be coincidental, but if you were a Watford fan you would be wondering. As you headtowards the trapdoor, it becomes more of an issue I guess.

There is not much loyalty in football as we all know. Silva gets offered a better job and wants to leave. The board don't allow him then sack him when results get a bit iffy. Might have been better for both parties if he had gone in the first place. Don't know if the Watford board considered this at the time. Once someone's heads turned and denied the move it can often end badly. Bad enough with a player but with a manager I think it's amplified.

Thought they dodnt sack managers half way through a season..read they give the manager a year and decide then if they want a change or keep him on...

Who they gonna get that's better?

If i could leave for a better job of tell my boss that..and I don't think he would hold it against me tbh..everyone wants to work their way up to bigger and better....human nature.

Seems a strange club, on and off the field. Although they'd argue the model works as they're still in the PL, they'd struggle to come up again if they were relegated. This type of thing is going to backfire on them soon, maybe this time with any new manager having less than 10 days to wheel and deal.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Thought they dodnt sack managers half way through a season..read they give the manager a year and decide then if they want a change or keep him on...

Who they gonna get that's better?

If i could leave for a better job of tell my boss that..and I don't think he would hold it against me tbh..everyone wants to work their way up to bigger and better....human nature.
    Look at Watford's record before and after Koeman's sacking.

3 wins in 15 afterwards. Every stat has plummeted. It's pretty clear Silva's ability to manage Watford went straight down the toilet after the Everton speculation was rejected. In short, he appears not to give a single shit.

Watford's responsibility is to Watford, nobody else ( and personally I think Silva is massively overrated ). Got a manager who doesn't want to be there? P45. Who are they going to get that's better? The Watford job is one of 20 in a highly rated league. If the Jacks could get Laudrup, Watford will have plenty of good candidates although I believe they already have an appointment to be announced.

Look at Watford's record before and after Koeman's sacking.

3 wins in 15 afterwards. Every stat has plummeted. It's pretty clear Silva's ability to manage Watford went straight down the toilet after the Everton speculation was rejected. In short, he appears not to give a single shit.

Watford's responsibility is to Watford, nobody else ( and personally I think Silva is massively overrated ). Got a manager who doesn't want to be there? P45. Who are they going to get that's better? The Watford job is one of 20 in a highly rated league. If the Jacks could get Laudrup, Watford will have plenty of good candidates although I believe they already have an appointment to be announced.
    All I've said is he had every right to go for better.

True mind but they'll have to pay well for a good manager..although good point PL status brings a lot of candidates in..and I'd rather live outside London than down the M4 in Swansea..so it's a better prospect too.

Spot on. He is very over-rated

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    All I've said is he had every right to go for better.

True mind but they'll have to pay well for a good manager..although good point PL status brings a lot of candidates in..and I'd rather live outside London than down the M4 in Swansea..so it's a better prospect too.
    Of course he has every right. The problem then is he'll get the reputation of something using on a clubs short term, thus affecting his career.

Watford have every right to fire him given it's clear he doesn't want to be there, his mind is elsewhere and he isn't going the job he was hired and well paid for to an acceptable level.

My comments are based on the sort of club Watford are now, I said nothing about Silva. but loyalty is a two way stretch and perhaps you can tell me when Watford have shown that quality towards any of the men who have done the job since the current owners came in - they are a bunch of hypocrites to expect loyalty when they show none themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    My comments are based on the sort of club Watford are now, I said nothing about Silva. but loyalty is a two way stretch and perhaps you can tell me when Watford have shown that quality towards any of the men who have done the job since the current owners came in - they are a bunch of hypocrites to expect loyalty when they show none themselves.
    Spot on