+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 25-26k

Re: 25-26k

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I really dont want to have another disagreement over this but why do you doubt it ?. You are prepared to accept that the club sold 19000 tickets between Wednesday 10.00pm and Friday lunchtime but not that they could sell another 11000 between Friday and this afternoon. If you dont believe it, go online and try to buy a ticket - the seating plan of the main bowl shows under 500 tickets now available and there are no more than 400 in the upper ninian. If you are not prepared to believe the evidence of your own eyes then theres not much further can be said.
    Those tickets were taken up by ST holder + 1 -4700 away fans and corporate .

Because it is quite an interesting subject. You must think so too really because you have made 13 contributions to the thread since it started. I agree that a couple if people are still in denial that we could actually sell out this game, even though the evidence indicates the contrary. But we dont need the permission of anyone to continue the discussion do we ?.
    Didn't say it wasnt interesting (it isnt by the way) but the need to be right is quite honestly embarrassing.

A little more info for worriers :

Please note if you have a current and active membership access card, a ticket purchased in your name will be added to your card. Any additional tickets purchased in the booking will be issued a barcode paper ticket.
    Please note tickets purchased less than 3 working days before match day will be held in collections and not posted out. The collection point 3 hours before Kick-Off on a match day is located between Gate 3 and Gate 4 of the Stadium, collection before this time will be from the Main Ticket Office. Please not if you have current and active membership card, and have purchased a ticket in your name, your card will be loaded for the game and no ticket issued.
    Please note if you have not received your ticket please contact the Ticket Office on 0845 345 1400.
    If you have any queries, or need help with your purchase please contact the Ticket Office on 0845 345 1400.

Its official, there are 7k tickets left, just like I said there was 12 hours earlier.
    Eticketing etc showing there was very few left according to many. Which turned out to be bollox. I'm delighted ST holders can purchase more.

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    The club are still saying they're expecting 25-26k
    16k home tickets with so many buying up another ticket included.
    If the game wasn't on TV they'd have a lot more.
    The guy I know said there's no way we will shift 12k tickets this week.
    25-26k is a good gate for the FA Cup
    well thats put to bed now, well on our way to over 30k

SuperBluebirds91

Its official, there are 7k tickets left, just like I said there was 12 hours earlier.
    Eticketing etc showing there was very few left according to many. Which turned out to be bollox. I'm delighted ST holders can purchase more.
    I don't think you were correct though mate! Isn't it 26 k plus the man city fans = 29,800 approx? That was yesterday morning! Now I'd guess we will be over 30 k? Perhaps I've read it wrong (let me know) but when I saw your estimate of only 25/26k the other day I thought it wS well out and if we sell 32k it will be? That said I'm sure both of us will be really chuffed if we make a sell out anyways!
    I interpreted your 25-26k a total match day crowd unless you meant otherwise?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBluebirds91 View Post
    I don't think you were correct though mate! Isn't it 26 k plus the man city fans = 29,800 approx? That was yesterday morning! Now I'd guess we will be over 30 k? Perhaps I've read it wrong (let me know) but when I saw your estimate of only 25/26k the other day I thought it wS well out and if we sell 32k it will be? That said I'm sure both of us will be really chuffed if we make a sell out anyways!
    I interpreted your 25-26k a total match day crowd unless you meant otherwise?
    It's 26k including away fans. I am out, I went by the club. People on sunday and monday morning were saying its almost a sell out according to eticketing etc. As I said the other day, there were 7k tickets left. Which the club confirmed.
    Yes I hope it does sell-out, I doubt it though.

It's 26k including away fans. I am out, I went by the club. People on sunday and monday morning were saying its almost a sell out according to eticketing etc. As I said the other day, there were 7k tickets left. Which the club confirmed.
    Yes I hope it does sell-out, I doubt it though.
    You are in denial I am afraid. You said last Friday that your 'source' had told you that only 16000 had been sold, which was patently incorrect . Then you said it was impossible to have sold 11000 tickets in 3 days but even your own figures indicate over 10000 went in that period. Then you said the crowd would be 25-26000 max but over 26000 had been sold yesterday afternoon, 6 days before the game, even if we assume that Man City allocation is included in the 26000 (which it may not be). Now all we need is Hilts to come back on, mention a game that took place over 6 years ago and reiterate that there is 'no way' we will get a 30000 crowd for an FA Cup match.

The release of the figures do and always did include the away fans. Yesterday morning / sunday night I posted 7k tickets were left. Its not a science, of course expectations change. Look through the posts, I said 7k tickets were left, that was exact. I only posted there were plenty of tickets left. I was told thats bollox, who was right?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    A little more info for worriers :

Please note if you have a current and active membership access card, a ticket purchased in your name will be added to your card. Any additional tickets purchased in the booking will be issued a barcode paper ticket.
    Please note tickets purchased less than 3 working days before match day will be held in collections and not posted out. The collection point 3 hours before Kick-Off on a match day is located between Gate 3 and Gate 4 of the Stadium, collection before this time will be from the Main Ticket Office. Please not if you have current and active membership card, and have purchased a ticket in your name, your card will be loaded for the game and no ticket issued.
    Please note if you have not received your ticket please contact the Ticket Office on 0845 345 1400.
    If you have any queries, or need help with your purchase please contact the Ticket Office on 0845 345 1400.
    I got my ticket today and although I have a season ticket card it was a paper ticket as was the spare I bought for a mate.

Now people can worry a bit more.

The release of the figures do and always did include the away fans. Yesterday morning / sunday night I posted 7k tickets were left. Its not a science, of course expectations change. Look through the posts, I said 7k tickets were left, that was exact. I only posted there were plenty of tickets left. I was told thats bollox, who was right?
    I think that you should read your own posts on this thread. Yesterday at 4.28pm you said the the gate 'would be 5-6000 short of a sell out' i.e. 27000-28000. Also you started it all off on Sunday afternoon saying the gate would be 25-26000 max and that only 16000 had been sold on Friday lunchtime (the club confirmed 19000) and that there was no way that 11000 tickets could have been sold from Friday lunchtime to Monday morning (wrong). No mention of 7000 tickets left yesterday on this thread. Its not the fact that you are getting the figures and forecasts wrong that is the issue, it is that you keep quoting your 'source within the club' as fact and that you could well put people off trying to get tickets early by giving the impression there are more tickets available than there are (Main bowl now pretty much sold out online).

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    I got my ticket today and although I have a season ticket card it was a paper ticket as was the spare I bought for a mate.

Now people can worry a bit more.
    Did you buy your usual season ticket seat or did you move to another area to be with your mate ?.

Lads, get a life

How many poor soldiers will die in today's quest for one man to he correct... and not a single inch was lost on this fateful day!

You are in denial I am afraid. You said last Friday that your 'source' had told you that only 16000 had been sold, which was patently incorrect . Then you said it was impossible to have sold 11000 tickets in 3 days but even your own figures indicate over 10000 went in that period. Then you said the crowd would be 25-26000 max but over 26000 had been sold yesterday afternoon, 6 days before the game, even if we assume that Man City allocation is included in the 26000 (which it may not be). Now all we need is Hilts to come back on, mention a game that took place over 6 years ago and reiterate that there is 'no way' we will get a 30000 crowd for an FA Cup match.
    Be delighted to be proved wrong.

First 30000 home crowd for me if true. Obviously we would have had over that in the
    PL but we didnt have the extension.

Lets hope whatever the crowd and its going to be big that at least enough stay and we get 20000 cheering us on for the rest of the season.

Did you buy your usual season ticket seat or did you move to another area to be with your mate ?.
    Usual seat. My mate is in the next block.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    How many poor soldiers will die in today's quest for one man to he correct... and not a single inch was lost on this fateful day!
    You tell him, most know I'm right.

You must be joking - read some of the other posts on this thread. Nearly every forecast or figure you have given is patently wrong.

You must be joking - read some of the other posts on this thread. Nearly every forecast or figure you have given is patently wrong.
    A breakdown of his posts would be helpful to support your contention rather than glib assertions.

People get so worked up online over the smallest things

Quote Originally Posted by Coch View Post
    A breakdown of his posts would be helpful to support your contention rather than glib assertions.
    Or - you could read them yourself. Just scroll back on this thread. The opening one is the best.

Or - you could read them yourself. Just scroll back on this thread. The opening one is the best.
    Sorry but that analytical prowess is simply beyond me. It takes a certain talent and a ruthless mindset to perceive and then expose those kind of flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    People get so worked up online over the smallest things
    ;) Haven't you noticed most of my posts are jokes? Friendship scarves is my favourite.

;) Haven't you noticed most of my posts are jokes? Friendship scarves is my favourite.
    Since I first signed up.

Some people can be so sensitive it's unreal.

Any statements on a near sell out is 'fake news.' I and I alone know the true figures.
    I'll keep you updated if and when I feel like it