+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 25-26k

Re: 25-26k

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    Isn't that where they have shifted a lot of the family stand tickets? Listen, Im telling you this because many are doubting they will get a ticket. You'll soon see.
    No. Family Stand fans have been moved to either Lev 4, or middle section of Ninian. Upper Ninian is on sale to all fans who qualify.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Until a couple of years ago we couldn't get 30k in our ground.

We must have been close to 30k for the game v Derby County last season?
    We had 28,680 for Derby season before last

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    We had 28,680 for Derby season before last
    That was the one. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I did read the post. I would like to know who he is and what he does at the club to make my mind up whether your post us heresay or not.
    He's hardly going to post the person's name is he.

Probably doesn't care either way if you validate the post or not either...

Anyone working in that office would have an idea.. and I doubt the low paid staff are told not to share the huge secret if they pop down the local or speak to someone outside of work..

It's an attendance figure not the code to a nuclear weapon

Sorry, I misread your post as being from the original contributor. He answered it anyway.

No. Family Stand fans have been moved to either Lev 4, or middle section of Ninian. Upper Ninian is on sale to all fans who qualify.
    Block 124 I think..I'm in 126 and got my own seat.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Block 124 I think..I'm in 126 and got my own seat.
    Yes, only the blocks nearest the away end are getting moved

Anyone working in that office would have an idea.. and I doubt the low paid staff are told not to share the huge secret if they pop down the local or speak to someone outside of work..

Yes, only the blocks nearest the away end are getting moved
    Sorry read your post as if the ballot were being moved (bit hungover)

Flexi ticket holders have been entitled to a ticket right from the start. I saw it publicised last week.
    Fair enough. I didn't see that, nor did I expect to be entitled to be honest. I won't be taking up the offer anyway as games other than 3pm on a Saturday are a non-starter for me.

Looking at the online seat map, I would estimate that about 3/4 of the main bowl seats are sold and there are about 500 available in the upper Ninian stand. That would indicate that over 25000 are currently sold, possibly 26000.

For some people it's obviously more important than the code to a nuclear weapon.

This is your conclusion one week before the match even kicks off ?. Next Sunday at 4.00pm is the time to make a judgement. Over 30000 is the minimum that I am expecting, bearing in mind all the available information.
    Yes, it is my conclusion that if we only get 25k for a game against Man City that it’s piss poor.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Yes, it is my conclusion that if we only get 25k for a game against Man City that it’s piss poor.
    There is always a mad clamour for tickets when we have a big game, almost fighting at the ticket office...lol, like the playoff at the mill stad, went mental, but nit sure we even sold out until the last day or so.....

Capacity of Ninian Park was reduced in 1976 from 46000 to only 10000 due to safety concerns. It never went back up over 25000 again. Until four years ago our ground capacity has not therefore been over 30000. Not surprising really is it therefore that we havent had a gate over 30000 for a long time but it has nothing to do with lack of support or success. The ground was however effectively full for every game in the Premier League in 2013/2014, as home areas were sold out every game.
    I've definitely been in 40k crowds in Ninian Park in the 80s. Scotland, yugoslavia, so the safety certificate thing is wrong I think.

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    I've definitely been in 40k crowds in Ninian Park in the 80s. Scotland, yugoslavia, so the safety certificate thing is wrong I think.
    Yugoslavia was only 24k according to this https://www.11v11.com/matches/wales-...r-1983-238212/

Scotland was 39500

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1985...football_match

I remember that yugoslavia game being rammed. I was only 5 though so was probably the reason for that. Scotland game backs me up though, I reckon there was definitely a fiddle on that one as must have been more.

The Yugoslavia match was in 1976, before the ground lost its safety certificate and the capacity then was 46000, reduced to only 10000 in 1977. The Wales v Scotland World Cup match was indeed in 1985 and the attendance was just under 40000, so I believe that ground improvements must have been carried out just before but at the time City were continually in the lower two leagues so league attendances never got anywhere near the capacity at that time. In the late eighties and nineties the capacity reduced to around 21000, which it was when the stadium was demolished.

Youre only out by a season - 1977 30k+ Everton https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlDIF6hwp0Q
    Albert Lamour, still can't forgive him for that cock-up.

The one I was on about was about 83, Lawnmower alreay said only 24k there

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Albert Lamour, still can't forgive him for that cock-up.
    Same here. Everton were lucky that day.

The one I was on about was about 83, Lawnmower alreay said only 24k there
    Just checked. Wales v Yugoslavia 1976 -attendance 30000. Wales v Yugoslavia 1983 - attendance 24000.

Is it slightly withing the realms of possibility there were more crowds than recorded in them days?

Is it slightly withing the realms of possibility there were more crowds than recorded in them days?
    A lot of Bluebirds fans walked away from games thinking 'there was surely more than that.' Hereford 35k a prime example.

A lot of Bluebirds fans walked away from games thinking 'there was surely more than that.' Hereford 35k a prime example.
    Used to laugh quite often in ninian park when they'd shout out the attendance.

Certainly wouldn't trust figures on Google from way back.. "official" yes... correct? Doubt it.