Thread: 25-26k

Re: 25-26k

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Don't underestimate the glory hunters
    All 13,000 of them 😂

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    All 13,000 of them 😂
    Let's have a half empty stadium just to please all the hard-core "I go even every week" hero's 😴😴😴

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Let's have a half empty stadium just to please all the hard-core "I go even every week" hero's 😴😴😴
    Boring reply Zzzzzzzzzz!

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    A lot of Bluebirds fans walked away from games thinking 'there was surely more than that.' Hereford 35k a prime example.
    Funny that because nowadays the club regularly gets accused of the exact opposite i.e. exaggerating the attendance upwards. For the Hereford game you mention, I remember the ground was pretty empty until about 10 miniutes before kick off and the match was in the old division three, so getting over 35000 was a major thing at that level. Citys average that season was only 11700.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Funny that because nowadays the club regularly gets accused of the exact opposite i.e. exaggerating the attendance upwards. For the Hereford game you mention, I remember the ground was pretty empty until about 10 miniutes before kick off and the match was in the old division three, so getting over 35000 was a major thing at that level. Citys average that season was only 11700.
    Might we have a breakdown of the percentage of your posts which are not the result of swallowing a CCF records book/website?

Quote Originally Posted by Coch View Post
    Might we have a breakdown of the percentage of your posts which are not the result of swallowing a CCF records book/website?
    Why ?. What difference does it make ?. I was actually there - were you ?. What has your post got to do with the thread anyway ?.

it all comes down to disposable income for me. If prices were lower more people would go, supply and demand.

Also in the days of terracing people could pick their games and stand by their mates, now that is no longer an option.

Id say in 10 years it will be free to go to a game, the short fall made up by PPV tv subscriptions for your own club games. The need to protect 3pm kick offs by not having them on live TV has been reduced by the massive percentage TV revenue is now to a clubs total income.

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    I've definitely been in 40k crowds in Ninian Park in the 80s. Scotland, yugoslavia, so the safety certificate thing is wrong I think.
    The capacity of NP with the old wooden Grange End was 56,000. After the new Grange End was built and before the enclosures and Bob bank had seats (so for all of the 1980s) it was 41,000. Eventually going down to 21,000 by the time the ground was demolished.

Why ?. What difference does it make ?. I was actually there - were you ?. What has your post got to do with the thread anyway ?.
    It was just a bye-the-bye observation. I'm not old enough to remember City playing Hereford.

(Punctilious punctuation there.... !.)

Punctilious punctuation there.... !.
    How about contributing to the thread instead of acting like a 12 year old.

I'm not old enough to remember City playing Hereford.

(Punctilious punctuation there.... !.)
    Ohh, sorry - you might actually be a twelve year old.

How about contributing to the thread instead of acting like a 12 year old.
    Actually, I find your posts to be among the most humourous on here....

The price of tickets is the issue when it comes to attendances. Its pointless comparing to other clubs. We need lower prices. You can see the difference when St holders can bring friends cheaply.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    The capacity of NP with the old wooden Grange End was 56,000. After the new Grange End was built and before the enclosures and Bob bank had seats (so for all of the 1980s) it was 41,000. Eventually going down to 21,000 by the time the ground was demolished.
    The Bob bank seats were put in my mad rick wright in 1992

Actually, I find your posts to be among the most humourous on here....
    Pity that I cant say the same about yours.

Only one thing to say, I have just been checking the online ticketing, going all around the ground checking each section, and there are not that many seats left, it will not be far short of a sellout allowing for the segregated area

They should put them on general sale ASAP. And make people aware on social media

Pity that I cant say the same about yours.
    I'm mortified

For what it's worth, I've just bought the last side by side pair available in the Ninian (5 mins on eticketing). There were maybe 100 singles left across the Ninian. The corner with the Canton is 50% empty

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    For what it's worth, I've just bought the last side by side pair available in the Ninian (5 mins on eticketing). There were maybe 100 singles left across the Ninian. The corner with the Canton is 50% empty
    Thats interesting as e-ticketing shows me two rows at the front with lots of tickets side by side in Ninian block 112/111 and only 6 seats left in total for the Ninian/Canton corner.

I've long suspected it was a load of bollocks and this supports that I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Thats interesting as e-ticketing shows me two rows at the front with lots of tickets side by side in Ninian block 112/111 and only 6 seats left in total for the Ninian/Canton corner.

How does this make sense?
    They can't just make up wjat is available..how do people buy them

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post

Dont understand what the club could possibly gain from showing seats as sold that arent or vice versa ?.

Dont understand what the club could possibly gain from showing seats as sold that arent or vice versa ?.
    Nor me. Just reporting the difference between what Des has noted and what I'm being shown.

This game is heading for a sell out. There are under 400 seats left in the upper ninian (including lower section) and looking around the bowl, I would estimate less than 1500 elsewhere, mostly singles.

It was quoted elsewhere there were 6,000 left.

Haven't we gone through this before? A massive build up to certain games, then finding attendances were far out. I still believe there will be 5-6k short of a sell-out. 11k tickets sold since friday lunch time? I doubt it.