+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Even Sol Bambas wife has commented on the plastics after tickets

Even Sol Bambas wife has commented on the plastics after tickets

Re: Even Sol Bambas wife has commented on the plastics after tickets

Bit rich - married a footballer on the off chance he'd end up playing for us in a big cup game.

Plastic.

Bit of a silly tweet of her really isn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Not really. They probably have had plenty of people contacting them for tickets for the game, wanting them to jump the queue for others. Good on her from that perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    She’s right though.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Not really. They probably have had plenty of people contacting them for tickets for the game, wanting them to jump the queue for others. Good on her from that perspective.
    Can’t see anything wrong with her tweet at all if I’m honest.

Wonder if she goes every week herself? Bet she'll be there on Sunday though.

Looks to me like she's just having a laugh.

I think she's joking as well, but seeing as her husband and ten of his mates didn't turn up for the Preston match she would have been better off picking a different team

Well played Sol Bamba.

Neil Warnock remarked about how small our home crowds were when he met with supporters at Cardiff City Stadium before Christmas, he also made that remark to people queuing up for Man City tickets a few days back and we now have one of the player's wives having a go - the evidence is mounting that manager and team think their efforts this season are worthy of bigger home crowds than we are getting and I agree with them. It's not about "true" fans and "plastics" with me, just that the people of Cardiff and the surrounding areas are showing their traditional fickle nature when it comes to the local football team - quite often, I can understand why people stay away in the numbers they do, this time I just don't get it.

Feedback

I've only been to a handful of home games this season so I appreciate the irony in what I'm going to say here but I can't understand the low crowds either.

Imho the football is better than we played under Malky yet crowds are less. Who knows, after Sunday we might see an upswing

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Wonder if she goes every week herself? Bet she'll be there on Sunday though.
    She's regularly in the Syntner lounge.

We should build a new stadium with added roman baths so all the non plastics can bathe each other

Whinge about attendances then call people that consider going to games all sorts. Good logic lads

Always MOANING. Be it rugby or "plastics". And people wonder why cardiff isn't the priority of welsh news........

Quote Originally Posted by BuyingManCityTickets View Post
    We should build a new stadium with added roman baths so all the non plastics can bathe each other

Whinge about attendances then call people that consider going to games all sorts. Good logic lads

Always MOANING. Be it rugby or "plastics". And people wonder why cardiff isn't the priority of welsh news........
    I've said I don't get why are our crowds are at the level they are this season, perhaps you can explain why they are to me?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I've said I don't get why are our crowds are at the level they are this season, perhaps you can explain why they are to me?
    Because apart from ireland I think we have the highest percentage of glory hunters in the UK in south wales.

I am from merthyr and I've got admit i dont exactly feel much when cardiff do well. I am happy and I go to games and listen to them. But I dont feel a part of it as im not from cardiff. People were crying at the charlton promotion game and I was clapping.

Wales on the other hand, has created a collective of everyone in wales. I feel a part of that. Im sure many are in the same boat

I don't think the club can do any more to be more inclusive. Our fans on the other hand are as inclusive as north korea

We're a family club now, it has lost its edge. Which is good partly, but it also means youll struggle to bring the youth in that are looking for more than a family day out

Away fans dont kick off, ever, at our ground now do they?. I cant remember the last fight I saw in the ground. Why is that?

Away fans dont kick off, ever, at our ground now do they?. I cant remember the last fight I saw in the ground. Why is that?

Maybe because it's a football match, NOT a war.

Just guessing like

Quote Originally Posted by BuyingManCityTickets View Post
    Because apart from ireland I think we have the highest percentage of glory hunters in the UK in south wales.

I am from merthyr and I've got admit i dont exactly feel much when cardiff do well. I am happy and I go to games and listen to them. But I dont feel a part of it as im not from cardiff. People were crying at the charlton promotion game and I was clapping.

Wales on the other hand, has created a collective of everyone in wales. I feel a part of that. Im sure many are in the same boat

I don't think the club can do any more to be more inclusive. Our fans on the other hand are as inclusive as north korea

We're a family club now, it has lost its edge. Which is good partly, but it also means youll struggle to bring the youth in that are looking for more than a family day out

Since when has Ireland been in the UK?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    She's regularly in the Syntner lounge.
    She was in the away end at Ashton Gate with her the rest of us.Her two little girls were with her.No special treatment fair play to her.
    She is speaking the truth we all like to think our support is fantastic sad to say not enough get off their backsides to support but still have a pop at the club for not spending big.It works both ways if we are going to a top club.
    Anyway well said Mrs Sol

I just had a scan of the comments under that tweet and surprise, surprise, there was Jursset (Charlie Hicks)!

It's crazy enough he spends so much time lurking on a Cardiff messageboard, but to follow the wife of a Cardiff player on twitter.....?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

Maybe because it's a football match, NOT a war.

Just guessing like
    Oh I know that. I'm about as non violent as they come.

What games do most people have interest in south wales with cardiff?.

Leeds. Bristol City. Who else?. They care about those games because there is a chance of rekindling the old atmosphere

People know a potential full house on sunday could lead to a great atmopshere. So people will go. Do I personally think itll be a great game?. Probably not, we'll be smashed. Im more looking forward to the ground (maybe) being full

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I just had a scan of the comments under that tweet and surprise, surprise, there was Jursset (Charlie Hicks)!

It's crazy enough he spends so much time lurking on a Cardiff messageboard, but to follow the wife of a Cardiff player on twitter.....?
    He really is a sad little man, isn't he?

The whole going over the top about plastics is a bit childish really isn’t it? It isn’t sold out yet so everyone who wants a ticket will get one.

Some people can only make a handful of games a season is it any surprise they want to get to one of the big ones? Especially with money being tight for a lot of people who can blame them for picking and choosing their games?

If it’s someone watching their first ever city match who cares? It might be the one to get them hooked.

If tickets were harder to come by I could see the reason for moaning but when they’re still available and people who deseved them got first choice anyway it just comes across as weird gatekeeping.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He really is a sad little man, isn't he?
    What did he say?

Did he mention why Bristol City sold out against Man Utd, but no league games this season?
    I could understand him taking the piss if he was a Leeds fan, but their crowds are pretty much on a par with us both home and away.

Long ball team? Proven that Wurzels have more long balls.
    Attendances? Not much in it.
    Boring to watch? We've scored more.
    Defenders are poor? We've conceded less.
    Glory Supporters? See attendances for the 2 Manchester clubs compared to other games.

The mans a tit.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

It's as close as he gets to a real woman.