+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Warnock talks of needing 'devilment' in City's match play...

Warnock talks of needing 'devilment' in City's match play...

Admittedly he's talking about the upcoming cup tie against Man City but I posted on here just a few weeks back that 'devil' was a missing ingredient in our play as applied in particular to the likes of Zohore needing to impose himself on his markers.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...devilment.html

To be fair, he did just that in the (wrongly) disallowed goal incident on Saturday evening but after just one look at Grujic, I'm hoping I felt it wasn't part of his game too. Let's hope it was just his part of his debut and more will be seen as the weeks go by; it was by no means a poor display from the boy but he is just that at 21.

Maybe Warnock feels a little more determination from some of the squad is needed at this crucial point in the Bluebirds season. I feel we're either going to kick-on or just fade and I can't make up my mind at the moment where my money is.

Re: Warnock talks of needing 'devilment' in City's match play...

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    Admittedly he's talking about the upcoming cup tie against Man City but I posted on here just a few weeks back that 'devil' was a missing ingredient in our play as applied in particular to the likes of Zohore needing to impose himself on his markers.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...devilment.html

To be fair, he did just that in the (wrongly) disallowed goal incident on Saturday evening but after just one look at Grujic, I'm hoping I felt it wasn't part of his game too. Let's hope it was just his part of his debut and more will be seen as the weeks go by; it was by no means a poor display from the boy but he is just that at 21.

Maybe Warnock feels a little more determination from some of the squad is needed at this crucial point in the Bluebirds season. I feel we're either going to kick-on or just fade and I can't make up my mind at the moment where my money is.
    Think the lad from Norwich has the 'devilment' in his game as did Kadem , Zohore appears a bit too nice at times

Re: Warnock talks of needing 'devilment' in City's match play...

The ‘devil’ is not being able to hit a sensible pass upfield. Lose the ball, back it comes, use all your energy closing down, second half over-run.