+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your favourite ever city goal

Your favourite ever city goal

What's your favourite ever city goal you have seen LIVE?

Hudson's freak goal aside I loved hasselbainks against wolves in the cup and bothroyr vs QPR.

P.S first post here after being a reader for 4-5 years. ST holder living in Guangzhou😃👍🏻

Re: Your favourite ever city goal

Quote Originally Posted by guangzhoublue View Post
    What's your favourite ever city goal you have seen LIVE?

Hudson's freak goal aside I loved hasselbainks against wolves in the cup and bothroyr vs QPR.

P.S first post here after being a reader for 4-5 years. ST holder living in Guangzhou😃👍🏻
    Hi blue. Loads to choose from but it's Blakey v Man.City for me. 94. Capped a great day. Brian McDermott straight from a corner in the old 4th division was good as well cause you don't see them often. He's got form for it McDermott as well. Not a one off.

Probably Ben Turner's goal at Wembley - never seen pandemonium like it before amongst Cardiff supporters

Just for a wow, did he really do that moment, Earnie's volley against Stoke. From what I remember, he controlled a long ball on his head, then let fly from around 30 yards. Ed De Goey didn't see it fly past him.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Probably Ben Turner's goal at Wembley - never seen pandemonium like it before amongst Cardiff supporters
    Still remember like it was yesterday

Hard to chose but for sheer pandomonium, probably between - Turner v Liverpool, Chopra v Jacks in the last minute or Bellamy v Jacks away.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    This. Madness. It was like the goal to save the universe the way people, myself including were celebrating

Other than that, Jordon Mutch away at Fulham in the Prem was pretty special

Quote Originally Posted by jnc90 View Post
    Hard to chose but for sheer pandomonium, probably between - Turner v Liverpool, Chopra v Jacks in the last minute or Bellamy v Jacks away.
    Ill add to the shear pandemonium ones with McCormack v Burnley, the year we blew the playoffs and finished 7th and Carl Dale v Wrexham in the welsh Cup.

Ben Turner probably wind it but 2 that sticks in my mind is whitts volley against Ipswich and komas first goal against Leeds

Whitts goal against Boro in the 2008 FA Cup quarter final must be right up there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=simDhhSmM2Q

(Not the best recording - no sound and grainy picture - but best I can find).

Turner v Liverpool

Kav vs Leeds in FA Cup was pretty special! Scott Young’s too.

Brian Clarke. v Real Madrid .

Frazier's brace v Man City

And every goal thereafter

Where do you start? Goal as in best or just for sheer excitement?

In the former category - Buchanan v the jacks or Blake v Man City or Gary Stevens v Newcastle or Ralls v Sunderland or Curtis v Wrexham or Bothroyd v QPR or Whittingham v Barnsley or Campbell v Man Utd just off the top of my head.

In the latter - Chopra v the jacks or Ledley v Barnsley (at Wembley) or Caulker v the jacks or Gunnersson v Man City or Kimbo v Man Utd.

Jason Fowler v Brentford I think from around 40 yards out

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Just for a wow, did he really do that moment, Earnie's volley against Stoke. From what I remember, he controlled a long ball on his head, then let fly from around 30 yards. Ed De Goey didn't see it fly past him.
    Yep,i remember De Goey looking at the big screen after just to see what had happened,also a fantastic breakaway goal in that games as well.
    Used to have it on an old soccer sunday vhs,never found it on youtube or anywhere since.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    One of my favourites too, but from my angle De Goey clearly saw it - the look of disbelief on his face was quite something!

Ronne Bird's penalty against Birmingham in 1970. I am convinced it hit both posts the bar and the 'keeper on it's way in. My first game and the one goal I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    Ill add to the shear pandemonium ones with McCormack v Burnley, the year we blew the playoffs and finished 7th and Carl Dale v Wrexham in the welsh Cup.
    I was in the Grange end for that if it's the same one I'm thinking of. Took a non-football support mate in there for that game and he didn't know what had hit him

I'd alwaso throw in Whitts v Leicester in the 1st leg of the play off semi's. The away end went crazy

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    Don't think I've been in a crowd that went quite as mental as after that McCormack goal. The surges on the grange end were insane, but also incredibly fun. We hardly took another point after that game did we?

Peter King was my favourite too!
    Last edited by lincoln blue; 22-01-18 at 14:33. Reason: Missed something

From a different era, is there any footage of Graham Moore's winner against top-of-the table Aston Villa in April, 1960?

I've looked extensively but can't find it. It was a terrific shot in front of 60,000 fans at NP which clinched City's promotion to the the First Division. Certainly one of City's most significant goals.

Would love to see it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    From a different era, is there any footage of Graham Moore's winner against top-of-the table Aston Villa in April, 1960?

I've looked extensively but can't find it. It was a terrific shot in front of 60,000 fans at NP which clinched City's promotion to the the First Division. Certainly one of City's most significant goals.

Would love to see it again.
    That’s the one. City playing in all white, early rebrand.