+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your favourite ever city goal

Re: Your favourite ever city goal

For sheer mayhem - Ben Turner or was it Tony Bird's second away to Liege or Leigh Barnard's goal after 47 seconds against the Jacks at the Vetch

or was it when we were 'banned' from the vetch and Stant scored that volley - stood there chest out right in line with me as I sat amongst their union jacked combat 18 morons unnoticed - but I'm sure Phil knew that I was with him - I just knew it.

Or for sheer laughs Lynex goal away to Enfield in the FA Cup

Craig Bellamy’s Against Swansea.
    What is unique I think about it is there’s a momentary pause as we were all that the other end before utter pandemonium 😃
    Listen to the clip on YouTube and you’ll see what I mean 😉👍

Turner Carling Cup Final followed by Whittingham v Boro 2008

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Craig Bellamy’s Against Swansea.
    What is unique I think about it is there’s a momentary pause as we were all that the other end before utter pandemonium ��
    Listen to the clip on YouTube and you’ll see what I mean ����
    Great goal!

The Buchanan goal here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOvrAXaZKfg Unbelieveable

Andy Campbell's winner in the play-off final. Not the greatest ever goal but a big, big goal in our history.

No ones mentioned the 5th one here:---

Magic day

Earnie, Turner, Buchanan, Hasselbaink and Scott Young were all wonderful goals. I'd like to add Peter Sayers goal against Spurs in 1977 F A Cup third round.

Quote Originally Posted by lincoln blue View Post
    Peter King was my favourite too!
    Yep, best goal I've ever seen. Peter was back in Cardiff last week staying with my mate Tommy, he lives in Spain these days, he's still fit as a fiddle at the age of 74.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    I was sat on the bob bank wall in front of Peter King when he scored that, my favourite City goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    Astonishing goal ,could that be the best ever goal a City player has scored .
    Being in those crowds was simply incredible and magical , and so hard to share and explain to people who have not experienced the game in its purest form .

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    That’s the one. City playing in all white, early rebrand.
    Correct - all white with blue edging. Right footed volley from 20-25 yards. I was on the Bob Bank, toward the Canton stand, aged 14

Quote Originally Posted by CopenhagenBlue View Post
    Don't think I've been in a crowd that went quite as mental as after that McCormack goal. The surges on the grange end were insane, but also incredibly fun. We hardly took another point after that game did we?
    Same on the Bob Bank terrace. I think McCormack pretty much ended up in there as well. For sheer pants wetting joy I think it's Chopra vs Jacks for me (had to miss the Carling Cup Final).

Eddie's goal vs Doncaster will always be a fond memory though

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    No ones mentioned the 5th one here:---

Magic day
    That's my favourite. Playoffs away to Leicester. That ping off the post. We caused an earthquake that day.

Ben turners was class too but the come down after losing on penalties makes it void.

Young v Leeds for the pure pandemonium. I was only just 14. Behind the goal in the grange end..end of the game I didn't stop moving forward until I got to the centre circle..lost everyone..was mayhem.

Campbell v QPR because it meant we reached the Championship. Couldn't hear my old man all game who was sat next to me..haven't heard noise like it.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    Hi blue. Loads to choose from but it's Blakey v Man.City for me. 94. Capped a great day. Brian McDermott straight from a corner in the old 4th division was good as well cause you don't see them often. He's got form for it McDermott as well. Not a one off.
    Gilligan v Exeter '87
    Adams v Wrexham '94
    Earnie v Stoke (hat trick)
    Ledley v Barnsley cup semi final
    Turner v Liverpool
    Curtis v Wrexham '88
    Blake's first v Stockport (hat trick)
    Blake v Man C
    Kav v Leeds
    Koumas v Leeds

No one's mentioned the Stant goal v Middlesbrough in the FA CUP 3rd round replay in the 93/94 season after we'd drawn 2-2 in the home game. Fantastic goal, came in about the 11th minute I think, and Stant was already limping with an injury. If my memory (through a drunken haze at the time) is right, I think Brazil brought the ball from our half along the right, crossed it and Stant leaped salmonesque and seemed to hang in the air for an eternity before heading in. He was subbed straight after the goal as he could hardly walk. They drew level, but Blakey scored the winner in extra time to give us the tie against Man City.

Has to be the John Buchanan goal for me.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Has to be the John Buchanan goal for me.
    Either this one or perhaps Peter Sayer against Spurs in the cup.
    Last edited by Majorblue; 23-01-18 at 08:40. Reason: Mistakes

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    Ill add to the shear pandemonium ones with McCormack v Burnley, the year we blew the playoffs and finished 7th and Carl Dale v Wrexham in the welsh Cup.
    after that Burnley match i was sure we were going up automatically.

dale's goal in front of the grange end is a joy to watch. A beautifully flighted 60 yard through ball volleyed into the net with the fans behind the goal going nuts.

Feedback

Ryan Nicholls header v Leyton Orient

Hasn’t Peter King’s wonder goal against Middlesbrough been mentioned yet? Now that was some goal, someone must have footage of it,

1968 City v Millwall on a frozen pitch at Ninian Park.

Brian King the Millwall keeper takes a goal kick and it goes straight
    at Brian Clark who heads it straight back into the net in front of
    the Grange End.

Maybe not the best but it is my favourite and unique in my 50 plus
    years of watching City.

For drama, Tony Villers

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Hasn’t Peter King’s wonder goal against Middlesbrough been mentioned yet? Now that was some goal, someone must have footage of it,
    Here you go