+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best result for us Brizzies v Man City ???

Best result for us Brizzies v Man City ???

Few ramblings on Sunday game , based more in hope that reality

I'm leaning towards a a dam good thrashing by Pep's boys, let them think we are like them and the pop along with a less driven attitude .

If Brizzies win , oh dear , could we may suffer a nasty backlash ??

They cant be all that happy facing two away games , against decent in form championships sides , passionate fans , bit of severnside watery weather and wind ( "They don't like it up 'em!" )

I wonder if they are staying over and travelling back and forth ,again that could be telling ??

The fact we play them after the Brizzies game could factor well for us ? depending on that result Tuesday .

Lets hope the Brizzies fly into them , and wind them up , extra time etc .

Re: Best result for us Brizzies v Man City ???

Bristol City getting absolutely stuffed to the point it destroys their confidence would be good.

As for Sunday, I'm not more hopeful than a defeat by a couple of goals.

Wurzels chasing shadows all night and getting smashed by at least 6 would do me

10-0 Man City would be nice wipe the smug grin off that midgets face

Ok to summaries your feedback ,we hate the brizzies , hope they suffer total humiliation, and we want them wiped from the face of the earth ,

6 injuries each

Way I see it is that they won't lose to both the Worzels and us (it's highly unlikely they will lose or even draw if we're being realistic)

Worzels to get stuffed, they lose confidence moving forward, means we can fly in under the radar and hopefully put up a better performance.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Wurzels chasing shadows all night and getting smashed by at least 6 would do me
    We were described as the best opposition side to visit the Etihad this season.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    We were described as the best opposition side to visit the Etihad this season.....

We were patronised when we went there too. Noone scored a good goal and for 36 hours their fans said they wanted to sign him.

You'll get over it soon (possibly).

How many games is it now without a win?

I'll be cheering on Bristol City

Hopefully their total football (well lumping it into the channels) wins the day and our friend Jurssey comes on here and has a grown up discussion about the game and we all congratulate him and his magnificent team (though its a pity he won't be there as he gave up watching them last year)

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post

Hopefully their total football (well lumping it into the channels) wins the day and our friend Jurssey comes on here and has a grown up discussion about the game and we all congratulate him and his magnificent team (though its a pity he won't be there as he gave up watching them last year)

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post

Come on be fair. That was a long time ago when they had a different manager and ....oh hang on.

By who? You?

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    How many games is it now without a win?
    Out of a run including 2 Premier League sides, Wolves (1st), Villa (4th) and Derby (2nd).....

Compare to a losing run against clubs like Bolton, QPR, Preston.
    One win against one of the worst sides in the league and you act like you’re back to being Brazil ‘70....

Would imagine the abysmal draw against a confidence lacking Sheff Wednesday may have curtailed this new found optimism of auto promotion?

Ps - Tomlin doing well isn’t he?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    By who? You?
    Pep Guardiola.
    The national press.

And yet the only descriptions I hear for you are “the end to a poor half of football”...

That was good on Saturday night wasn’t it?
    Real quality stuff.
    That Sol Bamba is good isn’t he?

Have Bristol City shown how to play against Manchester City?
    By Ally McCoist

I was delighted with the way the Championship side played and, as callers to 5 live said after the match, they put many Premier League teams to shame with their attack-minded approach - they did anything but park the bus.

Not many teams have gone to Etihad Stadium this season and tried to play on the front foot and, when they have, Manchester City have beaten them with a lot more ease than they did against Lee Johnson's side.

I listened to Johnson speaking before the game and he knew his side would spend a large part of the game defending against one of the best sides in Europe.

So when Manchester City had possession, Bristol City had to be disciplined, well-organised and determined - all of which they were.

One of the highlights of what was a fantastic game was the goal-line clearance by Aden Flint to head Raheem Sterling's shot off the line to stop Pep Guardiola's side from levelling just after Bristol City had scored.

I thought what Flint did was magic, and is that coming from someone who was a goalscorer. I love to see attacking skill but that was a tremendous piece of defending that summed up the huge effort their players put in.

But equally important was what the Robins did when they did have the ball. They barely touched it for the first 10 minutes but when they did we saw a real show of intent.

Hordur Magnusson, the left-back, went over to the outside right position to take a long throw and Flint came up to try to get on the end of it.

Suddenly their two central defenders and three or four midfielders were attacking the area, and that was typical of the way they chose their moments to get men forward. It was not just at set-pieces, either.

I said before the game that they had to make the most of it when they did get on the ball in the right areas, and the way they got their goal was a great example of that.

They pressed high up the pitch and stole the ball in an area where they could hurt Manchester City. That is what led to their penalty, and it was down to Johnson's gameplan.

He clearly wanted them to attack when they could, even though that was the only time they lost their shape and when they were most vulnerable at the back.

One of the biggest compliments I can give them is that they were still willing to do that. Bristol City did themselves proud, and they did the Championship proud too.

Have Bristol City shown how to play against Manchester City?
    By Ally McCoist

I was delighted with the way the Championship side played and, as callers to 5 live said after the match, they put many Premier League teams to shame with their attack-minded approach - they did anything but park the bus.

Not many teams have gone to Etihad Stadium this season and tried to play on the front foot and, when they have, Manchester City have beaten them with a lot more ease than they did against Lee Johnson's side.

I listened to Johnson speaking before the game and he knew his side would spend a large part of the game defending against one of the best sides in Europe.

So when Manchester City had possession, Bristol City had to be disciplined, well-organised and determined - all of which they were.

One of the highlights of what was a fantastic game was the goal-line clearance by Aden Flint to head Raheem Sterling's shot off the line to stop Pep Guardiola's side from levelling just after Bristol City had scored.

I thought what Flint did was magic, and is that coming from someone who was a goalscorer. I love to see attacking skill but that was a tremendous piece of defending that summed up the huge effort their players put in.

But equally important was what the Robins did when they did have the ball. They barely touched it for the first 10 minutes but when they did we saw a real show of intent.

Hordur Magnusson, the left-back, went over to the outside right position to take a long throw and Flint came up to try to get on the end of it.

Suddenly their two central defenders and three or four midfielders were attacking the area, and that was typical of the way they chose their moments to get men forward. It was not just at set-pieces, either.

I said before the game that they had to make the most of it when they did get on the ball in the right areas, and the way they got their goal was a great example of that.

They pressed high up the pitch and stole the ball in an area where they could hurt Manchester City. That is what led to their penalty, and it was down to Johnson's gameplan.

He clearly wanted them to attack when they could, even though that was the only time they lost their shape and when they were most vulnerable at the back.

One of the biggest compliments I can give them is that they were still willing to do that. Bristol City did themselves proud, and they did the Championship proud too.

I'm not sure you're a Bristol City fan. Not once do you refer to Bristol City as us/we. Compulsive attention disorder?

Pep Guardiola.
    The national press.

And yet the only descriptions I hear for you are “the end to a poor half of football”...

Real quality stuff.
    Still 3 points ahead of you. Great performance by you lot on the weekend, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Still 3 points ahead of you. Great performance by you lot on the weekend, too.
    What a point away to the in form side in the league?
    And probably could have had all 3?
    Yeah I’d say it was a damn good result.

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    I'm not sure you're a Bristol City fan. Not once do you refer to Bristol City as us/we. Compulsive attention disorder?
    It’s a newspaper article not written by me you spanner.
    McCoist is hardly going to call City “we” is he!

By who, Stevie f ucking Wonder

Pep Guardiola.
    The national press.

Real quality stuff.
    you can't believe what you read on line friend

I remember once reading on line this utter t wat of a bloke from the west country swearing he'd never watch his team again as long as Lee Johnson was in charge - can you imagine that!! what a c unt eh?

and just because they'd lost a few games!

Pep Guardiola.
    The national press.

Real quality stuff.
    Yeah he is, WhoScored have ranked him as the third best player in the Championship this season